View Poll Results: Who do you think will be next GM of the Toronto Raptors?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phil Jackson

2 4.55%
  • Masai Ujiri

23 52.27%
  • Kevin Pritchard

6 13.64%
  • Troy Weaver

6 13.64%
  • David Morway

1 2.27%
  • Ed Stefanski

5 11.36%
  • Other (please name names)

1 2.27%

Thread: Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Threaded View

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    I hear ya but we have been so mesmerized by our record here I am unfamiliar with that feeling and get confused by such events
    Raptors fan have had it rough.. but is just making the playoffs really a good goal to have for a franchise? As Ujiri puts it - "making the playoffs is easy".

The Nets have proven how easy it is to make the playoffs. Just assemble a roster of highly paid talent that are near all-star caliber.. However you are screwed with your flexibility going forwards and are stuck with that highly paid core. What happens if one of your main guys gets injured? Lopez for example has had some major injury issues in the past.

I would hate to be a Nets fan. In my opinion they won't be contending for a championship. They will have to wait 3-4 years until their core either retires or become expiring contracts so they can try again.

I think Denver is finally tired of having a team that fails to actually succeed in the playoffs. Karl is not a great playoff coach so parting ways there makes sense. And the fact that Karl made some of how he feels public make me feel better that we got MU managing our team.
    Last edited by planetmars; Fri Jun 14th, 2013 at 01:18 PM.

Thread Information