Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I was thinking along the same lines during Ujiri's presser last night. He's assembling a team that fits Casey (he did the same thing in Denver with Karl).

Colangelo, on the other hand, had his own vision of a team, and expected Casey to make it work. And to no one's surprise, it didn't work.
    Great great great great point.

And HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE difference in approach.

Casey = elastic band

Colangelo = cast iron

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Great great great great point.

And HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE difference in approach.

Casey = elastic band

Colangelo = cast iron
      What I also like about MU is that he helped hire Nurse to run the offense. I think he wants to a build a system before he builds a team.. and I love that approach.

Comment

• Right? especially after last nights video its definitely evident Ujiri and Casey are in constant dialogue about building the team, I dont think BC and DC really had that great of a discussion.

DC:With Calderon gone I need a back up guard Lucas wont do.....
        BC: hmmmmm start Bargnani with Rudy Gay
        DC: are you listening?
        BC: O yes I'll trade a 2nd rounder for washed up Sebastion Telfair...
        DC: *sigh

Comment

• A nugget I heard on the radio (Chum 1050) today...apparently Stefanski pushed for the Ross pick over Drummond....calling it a safe pick. Previously the rumours were that it was Ross who was Casey's choice. Intrigue at the ACC. At the least Drum would have been a helluva chip to use these days.

Comment

• Ross sounds like a Casey choice to me, intangibles good shooter a willing defender athletic. I doub t Stefanski did anything but nod his head around BC.

Comment

• When it was announced that Casey would continue, Casey mentioned that he wanted a 3 point shooter, a back-up PG and a veteran to play a leadership role. My guess is that a 'veteran back-up PG' is next since a 3 pt. shooter has been acquired.
              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                A nugget I heard on the radio (Chum 1050) today...apparently Stefanski pushed for the Ross pick over Drummond....calling it a safe pick. Previously the rumours were that it was Ross who was Casey's choice. Intrigue at the ACC. At the least Drum would have been a helluva chip to use these days.
                Well, Casey was the guy who first "discovered" Ross by visiting Washington....or so we're led to believe.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                  Ross sounds like a Casey choice to me, intangibles good shooter a willing defender athletic. I doub t Stefanski did anything but nod his head around BC.
                  No, I remember on that draft thing Stefanski was REALLY pushing for Ross, with Casey in agreement. BC was basically like "I was all in for Barnes and didn't bother scouting anyone else so whatever, take him."

If anything, Ross was definitely Stefanski's pick. It was Stefanski that wanted Ross over Lamb or Rivers because the two of them can't handle contact.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Im happy with Ross the only guys Id have taken over him were Barnes and Lilard. I remeber that silly hype over Austin Rivers....

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Well, Casey was the guy who first "discovered" Ross by visiting Washington....or so we're led to believe.
                      Casey lives in Seattle and quite familiar with UW & the coach there so the circumstantial evidence is no doubt plenty. All this he said/he did stuff no longer matters anymore. I hope Ross goes out and proves he was the right pick....he seems to have the tools. I think he was just overwhelmed.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Raptors fan have had it rough.. but is just making the playoffs really a good goal to have for a franchise? As Ujiri puts it - "making the playoffs is easy".

The Nets have proven how easy it is to make the playoffs. Just assemble a roster of highly paid talent that are near all-star caliber.. However you are screwed with your flexibility going forwards and are stuck with that highly paid core. What happens if one of your main guys gets injured? Lopez for example has had some major injury issues in the past.

I would hate to be a Nets fan. In my opinion they won't be contending for a championship. They will have to wait 3-4 years until their core either retires or become expiring contracts so they can try again.

I think Denver is finally tired of having a team that fails to actually succeed in the playoffs. Karl is not a great playoff coach so parting ways there makes sense. And the fact that Karl made some of how he feels public make me feel better that we got MU managing our team.
                        Is making the playoffs a good goal? Yes.

You need a winning season to make the playoffs and you need to make the playoffs to win a championship..there's a process.#babysteps
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Leiweke on Raptors restructuring and BC

http://bcove.me/5892jhnw

Comment

• That just sounded like a bunch of corporate splatter..
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                            X