Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man I hope ujiri pans out. I remember how excited everyone was when colangelo was hired. Seven years later..........

Comment

• Anybody else kind of waiting for Jim Kelly to be fired? Surely he can't save his ass this time?

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
        Anybody else kind of waiting for Jim Kelly to be fired? Surely he can't save his ass this time?
        Yo Arsenalist, he got axed. That's what we've been talking about all day.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          yo arsenalist, he got axed. That's what we've been talking about all day.
          gtfo!!

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
            I feel like this transitional period of firing Colangelo and bringing in Ujiri has been far too nonchalant. The hype around the hate and eventual replacement did not garner enough celebration.

Allow me to start:

HOLY SHIT COLANGELO IS NO LONGER INVOLVED WITH OUR BASKETBALL TEAM. FUCK. YES!
            I actually laughed out loud at this for a bit.

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
              Anybody else kind of waiting for Jim Kelly to be fired? Surely he can't save his ass this time?
              blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              Yo Arsenalist, he got axed. That's what we've been talking about all day.
              Arsenalist wrote: View Post
              gtfo!!
              Like this whole sequence

Comment

• http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2013/...lly-got-fired/

Comment

• This may become my favorite summer as a Raps fan (sans VC resigning)

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    Noticed a few "he might bring in this guy because he is Nigerian" comments.

1.) How many Canadian players do we have on our roster?

2.) Though likely not intended, it has the faint smell of racism.
                    2B.) No I'm not calling anyone specific a racist, just pointing out that it can be taken that way.

3.) He may have been exposed to a few players internationally, but I doubt he would be nepotistic and choose them over a better player if one were available.
                    Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                    Though I think it's dumb, it's not even close to being racist. Many people favour things they know better and/or are more accustomed to, that's the basis of thinking that.
                    thead wrote: View Post
                    I get it. I just think if your GM you make the effort to learn. It's lazy for a GM to draft a Nigerian player because he knows him.
                    nationalist not rascist. racism is when black gms draft black players and white gms draft white players.

all i want is to grab the dallas and houston picks by whatever useless assets we can send out to get them.

Comment

This may become my favorite summer as a Raps fan (sans VC resigning)
                      could tie with the first Colangelo summer. That was a pretty good year.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        nationalist not rascist. racism is when black gms draft black players and white gms draft white players.

all i want is to grab the dallas and houston picks by whatever useless assets we can send out to get them.
                        What?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          What?
                          i'm just being a dick. if were playing the race card on this thread I figured we should draw the line. way off topic and my bad.

Comment

No. It was just obvious to me. I don't think I was the only one who thought it, I just wrote it first.
                            I'm sure things were obvious to Nostradamus too.

Don't be humble. You nailed it two years in advance.

Comment

• Hey, hey, hey! Doug Smith comes through with a useful article! *gasp* I guess it does happen every now and then.

It is open season on Raptors personnel and it’s impossible to tell how far and deep the cuts will go.

Front office personnel are out, scouts are out, assistant coaches may be out and the week ahead could be a sea-changing period in the franchise’s history.
                              Leiweke, when he first moved Colangelo out of the GM’s role, said he would let whoever he hired have the final decision on personnel matters, on the roster, the coaching staff and in the front office. But he made it no secret that he expected some significant improvement quickly.

But there is no doubt among NBA insiders that Ujiri has been given the mandate by his boss to make sweeping changes to a team that’s now missed the playoffs for five straight springs, the longest post-season drought in franchise history.

Also gone in the Stefanski purge are long-time scout Jim Kelly, pro scouting director, vice-president of pro scouting Dave Pendergraft and two regional scouts. One source also said Maurizio Gherardini, who has been working on a yearly contract as the team’s face in Europe, will also be gone after the weekend housecleaning.

The fate of former Raptor Alvin Williams, who moved from the front office to a scouting role last season, is undetermined.

Aside from Kelly, who first joined the organization under Isiah Thomas before the team had even held its first training camp, all the men let go on the weekend were hired during the seven-year Colangelo era.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...ing_house.html

Comment

• I wonder what happens to Alvin Williams. Then again, I've already been wondering exactly wtf he's doing for the organization.

Comment

Working...
                                X