Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Call me crazy but i'd rather build around Gay than Melo.
    how about neither of them?

Comment

• Also basically every nonplayoff team is trying to fish Weaver from OKC, heh.

Comment

• I was watching the simulcast of Tim and Sid and Tim said and i'm paraphrasing "half the fan base is going to be upset either way, whether you let Colangelo go or pick up his option. It's just a question of if you do let him go is there someone who is more qualified than a guy with two exec. of the year awards?" He was basically saying you might as well pick-up the option because there's nothing that will or can be done this upcoming year..

It was yesterday's,though. So, it's possible I'm forgetting something.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Ryan Wolstat
          ‏@WolstatSun
          All signs point to Bryan Colangelo being in his final days with the Raptors. Story should be up soon.
          Fresh from twitter.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
            Fresh from twitter.
            A small tear just formed in my eye...this better happen.

Comment

• Great news.

Sounds like Tim and mlse are no longer drinking the Kool-aid. Bryan over spiked the punch and no one wants to touch it. Dare I dream change?

Comment

Fresh from twitter.
                !!!!

-------

Comment

Fresh from twitter.
                  His smooth talking days at manipulating the fans and media ar coming to an end finally...

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Great news.

Sounds like Tim and mlse are no longer drinking the Kool-aid. Bryan over spiked the punch and no one wants to touch it. Dare I dream change?
                    Good day for raptor fans Matt. I will be interested if Casey's style changes .

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                      I was watching the simulcast of Tim and Sid and Tim said and i'm paraphrasing "half the fan base is going to be upset either way, whether you let Colangelo go or pick up his option. It's just a question of if you do let him go is there someone who is more qualified than a guy with two exec. of the year awards?" He was basically saying you might as well pick-up the option because there's nothing that will or can be done this upcoming year..
                      But there is. In fact there could be a ton to do if the team is willing to change its perspective on where its going and where it wants to end up.

Rather if the organization retains Colangelo, then it ensures that nothing can be done this year.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        If Colangelo gets fired, the Raptors will likely end up in a similar situation as the Leafs - as it was essentially Burke's team that made the playoffs and is seen as a few moves away from being 'there' and getting nothing but better over the next couple of years.
                        Only Burke's replacement Nonis is not bad.
                        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                          Only Burke's replacement Nonis is not bad.
                          I'd imagine whoever replaces Colangelo won't be "bad" either.
                          Regardless of that fact, the team that will be trotted out next year, will be, for the most part, as assembled by BC.

Unless of course the talented core we've assembled is.. disassembled.

None of this should be seen as an endorsement or in defense of BC.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            I'd imagine whoever replaces Colangelo won't be "bad" either.
                            I hope you're right but Basketball is a different 'ball game'. Again, I sincerely hope you're right.
                            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              You could put up a good argument that Rudy Gay is better than Melo. Besides scoring there is nothing Melo is better at than Rudy, plus he's a shit defender
                              That scoring element is huge though. If Gay can improve his shot (quite a bit) especially his 3pt shot to open up the floor then the argument could definitely be made.

Building that team is another story -- Grunwald (we shouldn't have let him go) seems to understand the importance of the 3pt variance. Melo a good 3pt shooter is surrounded by great 3pt shooters Novak (had a better 3pt% than fg%), Prigioni, Copeland, Shumpert
                              Last edited by connected; Sat May 18, 2013, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Frustrating as it has been to check RR a couple times a day for news in the past week, I love the fact that Leiweke is not being rushed on this. If, in the end, he retains Colangelo then I would be behind the decision - he knows more about this sort of thing than the casual and even the rabid fan. I hope he doesn't retain him, but I'm just a fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X