Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They've probably already signed him up...

Comment

• Not that I want to see this happen, I believe BC will be renewed on Monday. Ujiri is situated to make a championship run in Denver which would perpetuate his NBA management career indefinitely. After one contract in Toronto, Masai may end up on the NBA scrapheap. With the Raptors sudden interest, that should translate to more cash from the Nuggets.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        He knows a lot of the players on this team. I'm hoping if he got the job he wouldn't want to blow it up.
        Blowing it up would make me lose my mind. I seriously do not want to miss the playoffs for another 5 years. We need a couple of consecutive playoff appearances to build some confidence and gain recognition around the league

Comment

• Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            This seems very wrong to me.
            If anyone thinks BCs ego would allow him to be below his former Protégé, they are sorely mistaken.
            Do you think he'd rather be unemployed than work for his former staff though?

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
              Do you think he'd rather be unemployed than work for his former staff though?
              Bryan's a smart guy and comes from family money, too. I would think he's in a position where he doesn't have to work to pay the bills.

Comment

• BC is high-profile executive. We can't deny that. What we can say - he wasn't the RIGHT guy to run this org. This is it. He can get new job without very big problems. He's got experience.

Anyway, I wish him the best and hope there is no BC in our (playoff) 13/14 season. yup!

Comment

• It makes sense. Ujiri got his first big break in the league with the Raptors. It might be very interesting for him to come back and take control of the franchise. Toronto's international flavor would probably be really appealing to him as well, one doesn't spend their whole life solely working after all...

rocwell wrote: View Post
                  BC is high-profile executive. We can't deny that. What we can say - he wasn't the RIGHT guy to run this org. This is it. He can get new job without very big problems. He's got experience.

Anyway, I wish him the best and hope there is no BC in our (playoff) 13/14 season. yup!
                  Colangelo has dramatically hurt his reputation with his track record in Toronto. I would not be shocked if many are labeling him a one hit wonder. He's amounted to squat without his former MVP PG. I don't doubt he will get another shot but his standing in the league cannot be close to where it was in 2008. He needs an elite PG to have any success in the system he likes to run and even then it's doesn't hold up well in the playoffs.

Comment

• It would be morally wrong of Ujiri to leave Denver. Money is the only thing Raps. can dangle but I doubt Ujri would fall for it.

Besides it may be a little premature to talk about this.
                    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Seems logical.

MLSE pays firm to search for GM ... look no further than the executive of the year!

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Blowing it up would make me lose my mind. I seriously do not want to miss the playoffs for another 5 years. We need a couple of consecutive playoff appearances to build some confidence and gain recognition around the league
                        We had a couple of playoff appearances in 2006-08. How did that work out for our "reputation"?
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                          We had a couple of playoff appearances in 2006-08. How did that work out for our "reputation"?
                          Raptors got legit recognition in '06
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Ujiri has made some decent moves in Denver.. the Melo trade seemed great at the time but essentially the only guy that has really turned out for them has been Gallinari. Chandler is a nice player but he's low on their depth chart. His best move by far was drafting Faried, and there is a luck involved with that, but will give him the credit he deserves for that pick.

The trade of Nene for McGee is probably his worst move... McGee isn't a very good player in my opinion where Nene is a pseudo all-star (if he isn't injured). I think he could have gotten a lot more for Nene who seemed to be an attractive free agent the summer before he was traded.

I think he'll be better then Colangelo (not as big of an ego, may be a good drafter/trader like Colangelo), but I'm not sure if he'll have a real vision for the team going forward which is something I'd be looking for in the next GM. I like the Denver team but they are not built for the playoffs in my opinion, and that is something I'd want the Raptors to be built for.

So if Ujiri was the next GM of the Raptors, then I'd be happy to see Colangelo replaced, but I wouldn't really be that ecstatic about it until he proved me wrong.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              This seems very wrong to me.
                              If anyone thinks BCs ego would allow him to be below his former Protégé, they are sorely mistaken.
                              And who at the age of 45 would want to be??
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• I'm not sure I want this Ujiri guy. I fear that it's going to be the Colangelo situation all over again..
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                                X