Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    ...If a star candidate like Jackson joins him that only increases the legitimacy to that idea.

Stop going there. You will only get hurt.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      Stop going there. You will only get hurt.
      I hear you Puffer...I hear you...

Comment

• Toronto is only undesirable because of sheer ignorance its in Canada O no im no longer in the US, and the team hasnt been relevant for a good what 7 years? Anyone remember this?

players are ignorant.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...ing-on-seattle

Waiting on Seattle?

Comment

• Colangelo's Fate to be Decided Before Chicago Pre Draft Camp

The Raptors, according to sources close to the situation, continue to pursue Jackson and continue to believe they have a shot to lure him to Canada as team president because of Jackson's longstanding relationship with new Toronto pro sports impresario Tim Leiweke.

The Raps, though, still have yet to announce a decision on the fate of current team president Bryan Colangelo after Colangelo made a presentation to the Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment board Tuesday to urge his bosses to pick up the 2013-14 option on his contract. One source briefed on the process expects Colangelo's fate to be formally announced this week in advance of the annual Chicago pre-draft camp.
            Link

Comment

• Colangelo's stock is on the rise.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                Colangelo's stock is on the rise.
                How so?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  How so?
                  7 years out of the playoffs is in high demand these days

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                    7 years out of the playoffs is in high demand these days
                    "Just" 5 years.

There are a few of them in the league surprisingly.

Comment

• When the hell are we going to find out what's happening? Other teams are making their moves already and we still haven't decided if we're keeping BC or not?!?! Faaaack
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Feels like more than 5 years, woops

Comment

• That makes sense. Because if Leiweke feels Colangelo isn't apart of the franchise moving forward, it doesn't make sense having him draft for us in June. Oh wait ........ WE HAVE NO DRAFT PICKS.

Comment

• The fact that they haven't fired him already is making me nervous. That means there's some element in Leiweke that's contemplating keeping him. Maybe he's waiting to see if Jackson is available and making a decision on Colangelo based on that.

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                              Maybe he's waiting to see if Jackson is available and making a decision on Colangelo based on that.
                              This is what I was thinking. Because I'm not sure bringing in someone with zero experience (unless its Jackson of course) would be a good first move for Leiweke either. At least as far as appearances go.
                              Nor would going out and getting a guy like David Kahn ... I think its either Jackson or BC next season.

Although.. I could also see them promoting Stefanski to GM for a season if BC is let go and Jackson isn't available.
                              Last edited by Joey; Sat May 11, 2013, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                How so?
                                BC is interviewing Ty Lue for an assistant coaching position.

Comment

Working...
                                X