Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    Are you expecting the Raptors to fail next season?

It seems to me predicting failure is a tad premature, no?
    I'm not predicting they fail. In fact I've said many times this week that they have a shot at the playoffs if they do certain things... That doesn't mean it will happen though. If it doesn't happen then here you go, the perfect scapegoat:

It was allllll Casey's fault. Colangelo hired him, they were just honoring the contract, yada, yada, yada.

Comment

• Can we make it a rule that we never talk about bringing in either of the Van Gundy's again? They've been turning down jobs FOR YEARS that have looked a lot more attractive than the ones the Raptors have right now. Let's stop suffering from delusions of grandeur ok?
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Guess I better set my alarm...don't want to miss this one
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Ron Jeremy?
          beat me to it! hahaha

Denis Franz,Ron Jeremy,and Stan Van are triplets..
          Last edited by LBF; Mon Jun 3, 2013, 06:18 PM.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
            Who the hell is Ron Jeremy? I've absolutely never ever heard of that guy before.
            he's about 4'8" and his penis is about... 4'8"
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• Will BC introduce him to the gathered? Will Tim Leiweke allow him on the dais? Will BC be in the room?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                he's about 4'8" and his penis is about... 4'8"
                Aren't those the measurements of a quarterhorse?

Comment

• BC will be in that presser only if Leiweke intends to prove that he and Ujiri can work together.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I don't care what they do.

Just glad new leadership with new vision from top to bottom is coming in.
                    Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    It's funny. If someone told me that Colangelo needed another 5 years to "rebuild" this team, I'd say fukkit...I don't have the stomach to watch it through.

But if Ujiri has the same approach, I'd welcome it with open arms.
                    You both have the wrong attitude. The pressure should be on Ujiriri to do what Colangelo failed to do. That's why he was brought in. He was not brought in to do the same thing as Colangelo. "Fire his ass if he says a five year rebuild" should be the attitude.

It's new ownership and everything. You seriously think it's ok if they do the status quo??

Comment

You both have the wrong attitude. The pressure should be on Ujiriri to do what Colangelo failed to do. That's why he was brought in. He was not brought in to do the same thing as Colangelo. "Fire his ass if he says a five year rebuild" should be the attitude.

It's new ownership and everything. You seriously think it's ok if they do the status quo??
                      The status quo was to say one thing and do another a few months later.

I think I've been quite vocal on my preference. I think the blocks are in place to build but some strategic trades need to be made.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                        Will BC introduce him to the gathered? Will Tim Leiweke allow him on the dais? Will BC be in the room?

Enquiring minds want to know.
                        Okay if BC will be in the room, that would be freaking weird

Comment

• Where can I get a Ujiri jersey? Or maybe a suit with "Ujiri" on the back.. lol

Comment

• Someone should ask him if he's thinking of trading for a 1st round pick this year.

Also, wasn't Ujiri in Greece a couple of months ago scouting Adetokounbo? BC was there as well i believe.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• This is not a fan perspective but it is local Denver media:

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20...nclick_check=1

Money shots:

Yes, the team could have matched the offer. The Kroenke family has enough cash that they aren’t going to be outspent by virtually anyone. But it wouldn’t have been a wise business decision.

In fact, it would have been foolish.

Just because you have the money to spend on something doesn’t mean you should do it. And just because someone else is willing to pay a high price for something doesn’t mean it’s worth that much.

Kroenke understands these principles. He proved it by letting his best friend in basketball walk out of the Pepsi Center.

There are a few NBA general managers making the type of money that Ujiri is now being paid in Toronto. But most of them have either won championships (Danny Ainge in Boston, R.C. Buford in San Antonio, Mitch Kupchak in Los Angeles or Pat Riley in Miami) or enjoyed a long run of success (Donnie Walsh).

Ujiri has done neither.
                              Tim Leiweke, the CEO and president of the sports conglomerate that owns the Raptors, had to do something to kick-start the franchise. Mired in a downward spiral, one that has led the franchise to the brink of irrelevance, he had to make a splashy move in an effort to right the ship.

The Nuggets aren’t in that position. They don’t have to be foolish. They don’t have to throw money at an ugly situation in the hopes it will solve the problem.

Yes, it would have been great to keep Ujiri in Denver, continuing the work in progress that is the Nuggets roster. But it only made sense if the price was right.

Comment

A 5-year rebuild would be the exact opposite of anything Colangelo ever attempted to do. Like Matt stated, Colangelo kept referring to "rebuilding", but never actually did it.

Comment

Working...
                                X