Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    And fans still love him to this day.
    To this day, his is the only Raptors jersey I was willing to dish the cash out for.

Comment

It's funny. If someone told me that Colangelo needed another 5 years to "rebuild" this team, I'd say fukkit...I don't have to stomach to watch it through.

But if Ujiri has the same approach, I'd welcome it with open arms.
      That's because if Colangelo said it, you know in 5 years we'd still be building around Gay and/or DeRozan, as Colangelo tries to find the right "mix" to get them over the hump....

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        Interesting that he said the assistant coaches could be out. Why would a GM ax a coach's assistants? i mean, i understand Casey did a terrible job picking his but that seems like a pretty sly move.

maybe ujiri will actually make casey take some assistants that aren't just yes men and can contribute something to the actual x's and o's
        My feel for the situation is that Ujiri had the green light to axe Casey if he wanted to, but he didn't. I think Ujiri feels that Casey can still be a great head coach, he just needs the right support around him (assistant coaches, front office, scouting, and players). Basically, I think Ujiri feels like BC set Casey up to fail, and he is actually a better coach than he has shown the past year.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          I wasn't wondering about the title that the team gave him 3 years ago (!!). I was wondering what he actually does for the team NOW.

When first brought in, he was very visible. They were using him as a player development coach. He would work out with guys, and be part of practices, and sit behind the bench learning the coaching ropes.

Now? He's listed as a scout now, but when's the last time he was visible or seemed engaged in what's actually going on? Just curious if he has any place with the team going forward, and just in general as a fan of his if he's going to keep being part of the game.

Oh, and btw, for not quite up to date (too many changes in the last week or so) list of staff...
          http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/mlsel_management.html
          Well.. that's the best I could find.I was too lazy to dig deeper.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

And fans still love him to this day.
            I know I'm still a big fan. He was tough as nails and fearless. If only they could find a PG like him...

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              To this day, his is the only Raptors jersey I was willing to dish the cash out for.
              Sadly, I've got both Carter and Bosh jerseys in my not-so-distinguished jersey collection.....sigh.

Comment

• He's better than anyone who has ever coached the Raptors, so yeah, I'm a little surprised that suddenly we're going to get particular about coaches.

Comment

• Assistant coaches going makes sense. Do you think Triano was a Mitchell pick? Or that he was planted by BC? Masai could want to cut that type of nonsense out.

Comment

• I never buy Raptors jerseys because even a wet nap from KFC has more long term potential than one of those. LOL

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post

This may become my favorite summer as a Raps fan (sans VC resigning)
                      That's what I'm concerned about. It feels like they've already drawn me in without actually doing anything that has a direct affect on the basketball court. Sort of a signature BC move. I'm trying to hold off my excitement for when they start fixing the actual roster.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        My feel for the situation is that Ujiri had the green light to axe Casey if he wanted to, but he didn't. I think Ujiri feels that Casey can still be a great head coach, he just needs the right support around him (assistant coaches, front office, scouting, and players). Basically, I think Ujiri feels like BC set Casey up to fail, and he is actually a better coach than he has shown the past year.
                        i'm pretty sure they just don't want to ax casey when they'd have to pay him, and this year is going to be a write off anyways. he's going to shape the roster a little bit and probably start making the big, franchise moves next year.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                          i'm pretty sure they just don't want to ax casey when they'd have to pay him, and this year is going to be a write off anyways. he's going to shape the roster a little bit and probably start making the big, franchise moves next year.
                          Anything that sends Bargnani out is a big, franchise move in my opinion.

Comment

• And if he can get something of reasonable value in return there will be a parade in the street.

Comment

• Well that's certainly true but you know what i mean. You guys!
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Changes '13

Eric Koreen
                                Eric Koreen @ekoreen 2 hours ago

As of last night, Raps vice-president of international scouting, Maurizio Gherardini and scout Alvin Williams told me they had not heard …
                                http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2VAwBfKFl

League sources say the Raptors have already conducted initial interviews with assistant coach hopefuls Nick Nurse of the Rio Grande Vipers of the D League, former Raptor and current Brooklyn assistant Popeye Jones and ex-NBAer Tyronn Lue. Whether those three have to be re-interviewed once Ujiri is on the job full-time remains to be seen but the future of the current staff is cloudier than it’s ever been.
                                Source: The Star

Comment

Working...
                                X