Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC will be given 1 more year, book it!
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      No reason to stop posting because of that.
      Ya I know but still I love hearing news a lot of the speculation is getting me HYPE! so much what IFs

Comment

• Just going to post what I've said before. Tired of raptors giving personnel "second chances". It never amounts to anything. Its something distinctly unique the raptors, too. The majority of other clubs seem to have no issue axing front office and coaching personnel.

Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
          Just going to post what I've said before. Tired of raptors giving personnel "second chances". It never amounts to anything. Its something distinctly unique the raptors, too. The majority of other clubs seem to have no issue axing front office and coaching personnel.
          Giving Colangelo a one year extension isn't a second chance. Next year our franchise is fairly handcuffed to our fate. There's no draft pick, there's no cap flexibility and no pre-eminent franchise changing trades (bargnani trade better happen but hopes are not high on the return).

So, BC should be here to see the year out. Next year MLSE should clean house even if we make the playoffs (unless we somehow finish in the top 5 or make the second round).

Exceptions: BC shouldn't be able to make any crippling extensions or signings (of players not named millsap, west, smith -- none of these being likely unless S&T magic happens). **No extension for Gay

If our lineup could somehow be:

Lowry/Nate Robinson
          DeRozan/Tony Allen
          Gay/Fields
          (Boozer/Millsap/West/Smith/Gasol)/Tyler Hansbrough
          JV/Johnson

I would be content -- the idea being our second unit would have SHUTDOWN defense.

Comment

• Colangelo is staying according to hoopshype which is using the Toronto Sun as a source. I'll see if I can dig up a link or proof

update: The article they link too does not confirm anything other than a decision is coming
            Last edited by thead; Sun May 12, 2013, 12:32 PM.
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Here ya go thead:
              Toronto Sun wrote:
              At long last, it appears the fate of Bryan Colangelo will be resolved.

Unofficially, Colangelo’s option year is expected to be picked up, a route many in basketball circles had anticipated in the days leading up to the Raptors’ season finale.

Source
              SB Nation wrote:
              Tim Leiweke, the new executive of the Raptors' ownership group Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, is expected to allow Colangelo to continue the process of building the Raptors back into a playoff contender after missing out on the last five postseasons.

Source
              Doesn't sound very Official by any stretch; but at this point in time, I can't imagine they'd be given false information.
              Last edited by Joey; Sun May 12, 2013, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• We should go outside MLSE's office with "Fire Colangelo" signs. Who's with me?
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• connected wrote: View Post
                  Giving Colangelo a one year extension isn't a second chance. Next year our franchise is fairly handcuffed to our fate. There's no draft pick, there's no cap flexibility and no pre-eminent franchise changing trades (bargnani trade better happen but hopes are not high on the return).

So, BC should be here to see the year out. Next year MLSE should clean house even if we make the playoffs (unless we somehow finish in the top 5 or make the second round).

Exceptions: BC shouldn't be able to make any crippling extensions or signings (of players not named millsap, west, smith -- none of these being likely unless S&T magic happens). **No extension for Gay

Lowry/Nate Robinson
                  DeRozan/Tony Allen
                  Gay/Fields
                  JV/Johnson

I would be content -- the idea being our second unit would have SHUTDOWN defense.
                  This is what we all want, but I don't see it happening. Do you think the Bulls would still allow the Boozer,Nate/ Bargnani, Lucas trade to go down? I still think BC should have accepted that trade. It seems better than anything we're going to get this off-season.
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Colangelo's stock keeps rising every day. I am repeating myself.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                      This is what we all want, but I don't see it happening. Do you think the Bulls would still allow the Boozer,Nate/ Bargnani, Lucas trade to go down? I still think BC should have accepted that trade. It seems better than anything we're going to get this off-season.
                      I think they will do it simply so they don't have to pay the repeater's tax penalty. Gibson extension kicks in next year, Rip Hamiltons option probably won't be picked up -- Nate won't be in the deal because he's a free agent (unless it's a S&T). If Thibs can get anything out of Bargnani they won't need Boozer with Noah/Gibson and the left over minutes for AB.

There won't be much pressure for AB in Chicago. With Rose/Deng/Noah/Butler leading the charge AB is there for tax relief and a scoring option off the bench.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        We should go outside MLSE's office with "Fire Colangelo" signs. Who's with me?
                        If you manage to gather a respectable amount of people, ill be there

Comment

I think they will do it simply so they don't have to pay the repeater's tax penalty. Gibson extension kicks in next year, Rip Hamiltons option probably won't be picked up -- Nate won't be in the deal because he's a free agent (unless it's a S&T). If Thibs can get anything out of Bargnani they won't need Boozer with Noah/Gibson and the left over minutes for AB.

There won't be much pressure for AB in Chicago. With Rose/Deng/Noah/Butler leading the charge AB is there for tax relief and a scoring option off the bench.
                          And if even Thibs can't get Andrea to play hard, well then I doubt anyone else could.

Comment

Lowry/Nate Robinson
                            DeRozan/Tony Allen
                            Gay/Fields
                            JV/Johnson

I get your point about how there's nothing to be done next year, but how does that justify BC being given another year. If anything, we should be starting the "clean house" process early.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
                              If you manage to gather a respectable amount of people, ill be there
                              The first follower is the most important person. Without the first follower it is just hotfuzz standing outside MLSE's office waving a "Fire Colangelo" sign looking like a psycho or some other politically incorrect term.

Comment

• Ryan Wolstat: As Zic wrote, all signs pointing to Colangelo's option getting picked up. Has been zero indication of anything else happening. Twitter @WolstatSun
                                Well it took new ownership nearly a year to get a head of MLSE. I guess it will take new leader of MLSE nearly a year to get a new President/GM of the Raptors.

Comment

Working...
                                X