Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    Are you serious? It has to be the past 3 years because Ujiri has only been a GM for the past 3 years. Prior to that he worked for the Raptors. Do you even know who we're talking about?
    What are you talking about bro? You specifically stated:
    Name another GM that has been that impressive the past 3 years.
    How does that have anything to do with him being a GM or not?

Comment

• you're basically asking us to find someone better. But you're reducing it to three years so you won't be wrong, Bravo

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        you're basically asking us to find someone better. But you're reducing it to three years so you won't be wrong, Bravo
        Compare him to whoever you want from whenever you want. He's done a good job as a GM in the 3 years he's been a GM. He's only been a GM the past 3 years, that's why I said "the past 3 years." He's elite among current NBA GM's. I don't think there are many candidates more desirable right now than Ujiri, and none that are as attainable (he's not under contract). Are you against Toronto targeting Ujiri for the new GM? I'm confused as to what you're so upset about.

Comment

• Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
          Toronto must be credited for giving him the opportunity to be Asst. GM and THAT'S ALL. It(Toronto) does not deserve as much credit as Denver deserves 'cause the TRUTH is that it was Denver that hired him as GM, not Toronto. It's because of his Denver success that he's being sought by Toronto not his earlier stint here.

Hypothetically speaking, if he was never hired by Denver, rather remained here as Asst GM, MOST PROBABLY he wouldn't have been the Top candidate to be the new GM.

If he leaves Denver, he's Disloyal. That is the plain truth. Nothing, absolutely nothing makes it OK. By the way, Paul Jones who I just heard on Radio, thinks it's possibly going to happen.
          Not sure leaving Denver is the issue of loyalty. I think the issue might be taking over for the person who gave you a chance to begin with..... Or not. I could argue both ways for and against Denver and Colangelo.

There is also the possibility of ujiri's agent planting the seed for this story to grow to gain leverage with Denver. Woj is typically is the power agents mouthpiece in the media and he is rewarded with all the scoops and leads.

Comment

Compare him to whoever you want from whenever you want. He's done a good job as a GM in the 3 years he's been a GM. He's only been a GM the past 3 years, that's why I said "the past 3 years." He's elite among current NBA GM's. I don't think there are many candidates more desirable right now than Ujiri, and none that are as attainable (he's not under contract). Are you against Toronto targeting Ujiri for the new GM? I'm confused as to what you're so upset about.
            The confusion here was caused by your question "Name a GM who has done a better job in the last 3 years?". I can see your honesty but I hope you understand why people don't agree with the fairness of the question.

Ujiri has done a better job in the last 3 years because he's been a GM for only 3 years. Hypothetically, lets say we're in 2016 and Ujiri has had losing seasons between 2013 and 2016. What would you do then? Pick the best GM of the 3 years preceding 2016? What if none of the available GM's have winning records in the 3 years preceding 2016?

The question should be "Name an available GM who has a better record than Ujiri?".
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
              The confusion here was caused by your question "Name a GM who has done a better job in the last 3 years?". I can see your honesty but I hope you understand why people don't agree with the fairness of the question.

Ujiri has done a better job in the last 3 years because he's been a GM for only 3 years. Hypothetically, lets say we're in 2016 and Ujiri has had losing seasons between 2013 and 2016. What would you do then? Pick the best GM of the 3 years preceding 2016? What if none of the available GM's have winning records in the 3 years preceding 2016?

The question should be "Name an available GM who has a better record than Ujiri?".
              Do you have an answer for that question, or are you just patrolling the forums to see if anyone asked questions that don't fit hypotheticals?

Comment

Ujiri put that entire roster together. How can you not give him the credit? He turned Melo into Gallianri, Chandler, Felton, Koufos, Mozgov, and a 2014 1st round pick. He then turned Felton into Andre Miller. He also turned Aaran Afflalo and that 2014 1st round pick into Andre Igoudala. They also have the right to switch 1st round picks with the Knicks in 2016. In addition, he drafted great late round vale nabbing Farried and Fournier. The Nene for McGee swap was a nice way to make the team younger while shedding salary. Name another GM that has been that impressive the past 3 years.
                I think the Melo situation was good enough of an indicator to see he has a good eye for talent, and can get the best out of any situation. To summarize, Afflalo to Iguodala is amazing, seriously. One player (Melo) turning into multiple assets, and drafted well in their recent past positions.

If Ujiri was handed the Bargnani situation, I'd have no concern on what type of players/contracts/assets we are receiving.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Do you have an answer for that question, or are you just patrolling the forums to see if anyone asked questions that don't fit hypotheticals?
                  By stating a hypothetical situation, I was trying to help you see what caused the confusion. I'm trying to be helpful not difficult.
                  Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Comment

• "full control" I AM ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL says Ujiri

Im glad BC is still within the company doing what he does best, being a business man. Things are about to get very interesting soon.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        "full control" I AM ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL says Ujiri

Im glad BC is still within the company doing what he does best, being a business man. Things are about to get very interesting soon.
                        It's about damn time.

Comment

• Don't go for it MLSE...go after another GM, i have an ominous feeling about this.

Ujiri made made some fairly good trades but Denver as it is now are a pseudo-contending team that are aesthetically pleasing to watch. I want someone who will build through the draft and ditch Bargs, Lowry and Gay.

Comment

• BC to be Kept?

Just got a PM on Facebook from an old BB buddy proclaiming his disgust that BC is to be kept on in a none basketball role. Actually he said "The Raptors had the opportunity to shed this franchise of that fool GM and they decide to keep him in a 'non basketball role'?"

Can't find any announcements, but I can state categorically that my friend is not an acid head.

Comment

• http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...e_sources.html

Comment

• JasonS wrote: View Post
                                Don't go for it MLSE...go after another GM, i have an ominous feeling about this.

Ujiri made made some fairly good trades but Denver as it is now are a pseudo-contending team that are aesthetically pleasing to watch. I want someone who will build through the draft and ditch Bargs, Lowry and Gay.
                                I have no words. Build AGAIN through the draft, wow. I guess then Seattle can come and take Raptors away from us.

Comment

Working...
                                X