View Poll Results: Who do you think will be next GM of the Toronto Raptors?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phil Jackson

    2 4.55%
  • Masai Ujiri

    23 52.27%
  • Kevin Pritchard

    6 13.64%
  • Troy Weaver

    6 13.64%
  • David Morway

    1 2.27%
  • Ed Stefanski

    5 11.36%
  • Other (please name names)

    1 2.27%
Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 1138

Thread: Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

  1. #321
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,357
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default




    That would be freaking unreal!!

  2. #322
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,969
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why on God's green earth would Masai leave Denver? More money perhaps? Maybe. For North America's 5th largest media market? Perhaps. For a higher profile position? Maybe. For winning? No.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  3. #323
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,554
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sounds like the guy we desperately need. If he can get the most out of Melo, then hopefully he could get the most of out Bargnani as well. But that's one of the things he needs to look at before he signs here: assessing the Bargs situation and how much he could do to change it.

    Throw as much money as possible at him IMO.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  4. #324
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,642
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Why on God's green earth would Masai leave Denver? More money perhaps? Maybe. For North America's 5th largest media market? Perhaps. For a higher profile position? Maybe. For winning? No.
    My best guess...Just in the sense that they'll have to seriously outbid Denver. They'll make him an offer he can't refuse...but not in the mobster sense.

  5. #325
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It is possible that he could stay with the franchise under a new top basketball official.
    This seems very wrong to me.
    If anyone thinks BCs ego would allow him to be below his former Protégé, they are sorely mistaken.
    In Masai we Trust.

  6. Like Michel G liked this post
  7. #326
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,054
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I agree w/ Super Mod, being super myself of course.

  8. #327
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,357
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Why on God's green earth would Masai leave Denver? More money perhaps? Maybe. For North America's 5th largest media market? Perhaps. For a higher profile position? Maybe. For winning? No.
    Well, I'm pretty sure money will be most important part here.. But, by watching nuggets association, Masai's interviews, I can see this guy loves challenge, and Raptors are the place with plenty of challenges.

  9. #328
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure money will be most important part here.. But, by watching nuggets association, Masai's interviews, I can see this guy loves challenge, and Raptors are the place with plenty of challenges.
    And Toronto is obviously the place that first gave Masai his chance to ply his trade. There could be a certain level of loyalty and comfort involved in the decision.
    In Masai we Trust.

  10. #329
    Raptors Republic Rookie Garbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure money will be most important part here.. But, by watching nuggets association, Masai's interviews, I can see this guy loves challenge, and Raptors are the place with plenty of challenges.
    This is something that Toronto is rich in. In fact, I'd say we're the most promising suitor in the NBA for an exec who's excited about "challenge"

    We're # 1!

  11. #330
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He knows a lot of the players on this team. I'm hoping if he got the job he wouldn't want to blow it up.

  12. #331
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,054
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They've probably already signed him up...

  13. #332
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,003
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not that I want to see this happen, I believe BC will be renewed on Monday. Ujiri is situated to make a championship run in Denver which would perpetuate his NBA management career indefinitely. After one contract in Toronto, Masai may end up on the NBA scrapheap. With the Raptors sudden interest, that should translate to more cash from the Nuggets.

  14. #333
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,731
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    He knows a lot of the players on this team. I'm hoping if he got the job he wouldn't want to blow it up.
    Blowing it up would make me lose my mind. I seriously do not want to miss the playoffs for another 5 years. We need a couple of consecutive playoff appearances to build some confidence and gain recognition around the league
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  15. #334
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,357
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



  16. #335
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,316
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    This seems very wrong to me.
    If anyone thinks BCs ego would allow him to be below his former Protégé, they are sorely mistaken.
    Do you think he'd rather be unemployed than work for his former staff though?

  17. #336
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,003
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    Do you think he'd rather be unemployed than work for his former staff though?
    Bryan's a smart guy and comes from family money, too. I would think he's in a position where he doesn't have to work to pay the bills.

  18. #337
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,357
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    BC is high-profile executive. We can't deny that. What we can say - he wasn't the RIGHT guy to run this org. This is it. He can get new job without very big problems. He's got experience.

    Anyway, I wish him the best and hope there is no BC in our (playoff) 13/14 season. yup!

  19. #338
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,932
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It makes sense. Ujiri got his first big break in the league with the Raptors. It might be very interesting for him to come back and take control of the franchise. Toronto's international flavor would probably be really appealing to him as well, one doesn't spend their whole life solely working after all...

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    BC is high-profile executive. We can't deny that. What we can say - he wasn't the RIGHT guy to run this org. This is it. He can get new job without very big problems. He's got experience.

    Anyway, I wish him the best and hope there is no BC in our (playoff) 13/14 season. yup!
    Colangelo has dramatically hurt his reputation with his track record in Toronto. I would not be shocked if many are labeling him a one hit wonder. He's amounted to squat without his former MVP PG. I don't doubt he will get another shot but his standing in the league cannot be close to where it was in 2008. He needs an elite PG to have any success in the system he likes to run and even then it's doesn't hold up well in the playoffs.

  20. #339
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It would be morally wrong of Ujiri to leave Denver. Money is the only thing Raps. can dangle but I doubt Ujri would fall for it.

    Besides it may be a little premature to talk about this.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  21. #340
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Seems logical.

    MLSE pays firm to search for GM ... look no further than the executive of the year!

  22. Like isaacthompson liked this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •