View Poll Results: Who do you think will be next GM of the Toronto Raptors?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phil Jackson

    2 4.55%
  • Masai Ujiri

    23 52.27%
  • Kevin Pritchard

    6 13.64%
  • Troy Weaver

    6 13.64%
  • David Morway

    1 2.27%
  • Ed Stefanski

    5 11.36%
  • Other (please name names)

    1 2.27%
Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 1138

Thread: Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

  1. #341
    Raptors Republic Starter hotfuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Blowing it up would make me lose my mind. I seriously do not want to miss the playoffs for another 5 years. We need a couple of consecutive playoff appearances to build some confidence and gain recognition around the league
    We had a couple of playoff appearances in 2006-08. How did that work out for our "reputation"?
    "Duh! Winning"
    - Charlie Sheen

  2. #342
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,461
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    We had a couple of playoff appearances in 2006-08. How did that work out for our "reputation"?
    Raptors got legit recognition in '06
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  3. #343
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,579
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ujiri has made some decent moves in Denver.. the Melo trade seemed great at the time but essentially the only guy that has really turned out for them has been Gallinari. Chandler is a nice player but he's low on their depth chart. His best move by far was drafting Faried, and there is a luck involved with that, but will give him the credit he deserves for that pick.

    The trade of Nene for McGee is probably his worst move... McGee isn't a very good player in my opinion where Nene is a pseudo all-star (if he isn't injured). I think he could have gotten a lot more for Nene who seemed to be an attractive free agent the summer before he was traded.

    I think he'll be better then Colangelo (not as big of an ego, may be a good drafter/trader like Colangelo), but I'm not sure if he'll have a real vision for the team going forward which is something I'd be looking for in the next GM. I like the Denver team but they are not built for the playoffs in my opinion, and that is something I'd want the Raptors to be built for.

    So if Ujiri was the next GM of the Raptors, then I'd be happy to see Colangelo replaced, but I wouldn't really be that ecstatic about it until he proved me wrong.

  4. #344
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    This seems very wrong to me.
    If anyone thinks BCs ego would allow him to be below his former Protégé, they are sorely mistaken.
    And who at the age of 45 would want to be??
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  5. #345
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm not sure I want this Ujiri guy. I fear that it's going to be the Colangelo situation all over again..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  6. #346
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oooooh. Ujiri? the guy that forced Colangelo to trade for Solomon Alibi? definitely a great talent evaluator. How'd that work out anyhow?
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  7. #347
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    4,192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Oooooh. Ujiri? the guy that forced Colangelo to trade for Solomon Alibi? definitely a great talent evaluator. How'd that work out anyhow?
    Lol I could see him picking Oladipo with a top 3 pick.

  8. #348
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    KEEP Colangelo. Let him finish what he started here.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  9. Like Eric Akshinthala liked this post
  10. #349
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    KEEP Colangelo. Let him finish what he started here.
    I keep hearing this. Could you explain why this matters?

  11. #350
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There's enough there to tease Massai for sure, but the one thing that he has done in Denver that has to be respected is create a clear organizational philosophy in Denver. With no true star he has brought in a team that takes advantage of the high altitude with their personnel. That's miles ahead of BC. I don't see all those African players in Denver so the quips over that stuff looks silly. He's good, knows the staff, and knows the city.

    My issue is that like BC Massai is fully capable of building a playoff team but can he take the next step and build a team with the intent to win a title? There's a difference for sure.

  12. #351
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure I want this Ujiri guy. I fear that it's going to be the Colangelo situation all over again..
    Well, he is Colangelo's protege so...yeah you might be right.

  13. #352
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,746
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    ...can he take the next step and build a team with the intent to win a title? There's a difference for sure.
    You could argue there are only 4 of these in the whole league. Quite frankly, my minimum requirement is somewhat below a team that can win the title.

    Let's see the Raps get into the playoffs, then maybe make it into the second round, then maybe get to the conference final before we demand to see a team winning the title.

  14. Like Joey liked this post
  15. #353
    Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure I want this Ujiri guy. I fear that it's going to be the Colangelo situation all over again..
    Have you followed Denver at all? Do some research, he is not Colangelo, not even close.

  16. #354
    Raptors Republic Starter connected's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    You could argue there are only 4 of these in the whole league. Quite frankly, my minimum requirement is somewhat below a team that can win the title.

    Let's see the Raps get into the playoffs, then maybe make it into the second round, then maybe get to the conference final before we demand to see a team winning the title.
    yeah just to see a team that is capable of having a .500+ season would be nice. To be able to watch the season and know that you will see more wins than loses would be nice after the past 5 years.

    I would want them to be competitive in the playoffs or it's all for naught but the season is where the bulk of our entertainment comes from.

  17. #355
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    852
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Have you followed Denver at all? Do some research, he is not Colangelo, not even close.
    If one followed what Ujiri has done in Denver, he'd find that he's been GM for two years, took them to the play offs both years, winning Executive of the year once. Impressive indeed. If one had followed Phoenix before Colangelo came to Toronto, he would have found that Colangelo took Phoenix to the play offs in 8 of 9 years he was at the helm winning Executive of the year once. Even more impressive.

    The point is neither one of them are bad executives. I'm not against hiring Ujiri but I'm not against retaining Colangelo either. By not trading Bosh when he should have, he dug a hole(the last 3 years) which he seems to have recovered from. I say, give him a final chance.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  18. #356
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    KEEP Colangelo. Let him finish what he started here.
    Colangelo doesn't know what he started though... He had no plan. He "starts" something new every season. That's his problem.

  19. #357
    Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    If one followed what Ujiri has done in Denver, he'd find that he's been GM for two years, took them to the play offs both years, winning Executive of the year once. Impressive indeed. If one had followed Phoenix before Colangelo came to Toronto, he would have found that Colangelo took Phoenix to the play offs in 8 of 9 years he was at the helm winning Executive of the year once. Even more impressive.

    The point is neither one of them are bad executives. I'm not against hiring Ujiri but I'm not against retaining Colangelo either. By not trading Bosh when he should have, he dug a hole(the last 3 years) which he seems to have recovered from. I say, give him a final chance.
    BC can have his career resurgence somewhere else. They didn't bring in Leiweke to have him sit on his hands. It's time to get a fresh face at GM, BC's time has run in Toronto.

  20. #358
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    BC can have his career resurgence somewhere else. They didn't bring in Leiweke to have him sit on his hands. It's time to get a fresh face at GM, BC's time has run in Toronto.
    You want rid of Colangelo that bad that your basically willing to let him build another team into a winner..?

  21. #359
    Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    You want rid of Colangelo that bad that your basically willing to let him build another team into a winner..?
    What makes you think he can build any team into a winner? Are you advocating keeping Colangelo just so other teams can't hire him?

    Colangelo has run his course in Toronto, and it was a rather disappointing run. All of the replacements mentioned would be big upgrades over BC, so I don't see why you're so hesitant to let him go.

  22. #360
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    4,192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You guys give Massai too much credit. He walked into a playoff team. A team with a superstar that wanted to leave to the deepest team in the league at the time(NYK). Trade wasn't brilliant it was just obvious. I will give him credit for the Iggy trade but, what did that get him 1st round exist.

    If Massai gets this job he will just be walking into another perfect situation. With an already assembled playoff team.

Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •