View Poll Results: Who do you think will be next GM of the Toronto Raptors?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phil Jackson

2 4.55%
  • Masai Ujiri

23 52.27%
  • Kevin Pritchard

6 13.64%
  • Troy Weaver

6 13.64%
  • David Morway

1 2.27%
  • Ed Stefanski

5 11.36%
  • Other (please name names)

1 2.27%
Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post

Fast is good. He did say within a month. It's a good sign that Ujiri wants to do quickly as well. Image Ujiri actually did come back to Toronto. I think we'd be the team that their GM gets booed on the road(in Denver)

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

People shouldn't get too excited about what this guy says. It's still just all spin. Just because he's taking a different tone/view than BC, does not make him more capable. Think of it like people from different political parties speaking.

At this point, I will only be impressed with results from management/ownership. So far, in limited time, I'm not that impressed. The BC situation hasn't been handled too well. And while they have some nice candidates for the GM opening, there's still a lot of uncertainty because their top targets all could stay with their current teams...though one would think someone from Weaver, Ujiri, Pritchard would be willing to walk. Still though, we're about a month from the draft, so a GM's gotta be in place soon to start evaluating the roster and possible targets for transaction season.

Post Thanks / Like

It better be fast. A lot of groundwork for trades happens leading up to the draft.

Post Thanks / Like

@WolstatSun: Cart before horse here, but wonder if Raptors trade into draft to land Nigerian-born Giannis Antetokoumpo, who Masai is very familiar with

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think Pritchard gets to talk to anyone re a lateral move while his team is in the playoffs which probably means Ujiri gets it if he wants it...doubt that Denver will match an above market offer. In anycase Ujiri can just say he's leaving regardless...seems they have been playing hardaball with him on a new deal until now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    @WolstatSun: Cart before horse here, but wonder if Raptors trade into draft to land Nigerian-born Giannis Antetokoumpo, who Masai is very familiar with
    Giannis is actually NOT Nigerian born. It's one of the emphatic points crazy ol' Basilis was trying to make in another thread that was actually 100% true.

I mean, I assume since he's Nigerian-descended that Ujiri has likely taken some extra amount of interest in him. But I honestly don't remember reading anything associating them in any way. So if there is any sort of real evidence of some connection between them, I'd like to see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if the same assumption is also not made with oft mentioned influence of Ujiri with the drafting of Solomon Alabi.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    People shouldn't get too excited about what this guy says. It's still just all spin. Just because he's taking a different tone/view than BC, does not make him more capable. Think of it like people from different political parties speaking.
    Yep. His first major decision (i.e. to get rid of Colangelo) resulted in him.... not really being able to get rid of Colangelo. He was clearly forced to acquiesce to other's wishes by keeping BC on in any capacity. Just listen to the guy..... This does not necessarily bode well.

Remember, BC said a lot of the same things 7 years ago. Give the new ownership group a couple of years and let's see what they do with a new management team in charge of the Raps. Leiweke talks a great game. So did a lot of guys.

Post Thanks / Like

"I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

I heard
    doug Smith on Tim and Sid at like the begginging of the week say a deal would be done by the end of friday..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember the time that Pritchard signed Hedo to an offer sheet and BC outbidded him?

THEY COULD WORK TOGETHER!
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

14. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post

This good news. Earlier this week this dude was saying that there was no way Denver would lose Ujiri.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Yep. His first major decision (i.e. to get rid of Colangelo) resulted in him.... not really being able to get rid of Colangelo. He was clearly forced to acquiesce to other's wishes by keeping BC on in any capacity. Just listen to the guy..... This does not necessarily bode well.

Remember, BC said a lot of the same things 7 years ago. Give the new ownership group a couple of years and let's see what they do with a new management team in charge of the Raps. Leiweke talks a great game. So did a lot of guys.
    im pretty sure nobody actually remembers "the talk", only the actions. and when colangelo came in, we made playoffs twice (granted in a garbage eastern conference).

and i still dont understand your fascination with colangelo's new position. hes gone. hes not doing anything for the roster. why do you still care?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    This good news. Earlier this week this dude was saying that there was no way Denver would lose Ujiri.
    LOL....anything for a re-tweet

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the offer has been upped to $3M per for Ujiri. That's... a lot of money. He'll be making more than some of the players!
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post

Did Leiweke hold on to BC's ear while speaking with Ujiri at the meeting? Inquiring minds want to know.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets hope this is final by Monday cause right now Raps are standing still, need the new GM to get in get situated and start looking at the roster and what he wants to do.... Cause after this head coach needs to be addressed.... Seriously cant stress the importance of this new GM coming in fast.

Thread Information