View Poll Results: Who do you think will be next GM of the Toronto Raptors?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phil Jackson

2 4.55%
  • Masai Ujiri

23 52.27%
  • Kevin Pritchard

6 13.64%
  • Troy Weaver

6 13.64%
  • David Morway

1 2.27%
  • Ed Stefanski

5 11.36%
  • Other (please name names)

1 2.27%
Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    And fans still love him to this day.
    To this day, his is the only Raptors jersey I was willing to dish the cash out for.

2. Like drunkmunky liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny. If someone told me that Colangelo needed another 5 years to "rebuild" this team, I'd say fukkit...I don't have to stomach to watch it through.

But if Ujiri has the same approach, I'd welcome it with open arms.
    That's because if Colangelo said it, you know in 5 years we'd still be building around Gay and/or DeRozan, as Colangelo tries to find the right "mix" to get them over the hump....

Raptors Republic Starter Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Interesting that he said the assistant coaches could be out. Why would a GM ax a coach's assistants? i mean, i understand Casey did a terrible job picking his but that seems like a pretty sly move.

maybe ujiri will actually make casey take some assistants that aren't just yes men and can contribute something to the actual x's and o's
    My feel for the situation is that Ujiri had the green light to axe Casey if he wanted to, but he didn't. I think Ujiri feels that Casey can still be a great head coach, he just needs the right support around him (assistant coaches, front office, scouting, and players). Basically, I think Ujiri feels like BC set Casey up to fail, and he is actually a better coach than he has shown the past year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I wasn't wondering about the title that the team gave him 3 years ago (!!). I was wondering what he actually does for the team NOW.

When first brought in, he was very visible. They were using him as a player development coach. He would work out with guys, and be part of practices, and sit behind the bench learning the coaching ropes.

Now? He's listed as a scout now, but when's the last time he was visible or seemed engaged in what's actually going on? Just curious if he has any place with the team going forward, and just in general as a fan of his if he's going to keep being part of the game.

Oh, and btw, for not quite up to date (too many changes in the last week or so) list of staff...
    http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/mlsel_management.html
    Well.. that's the best I could find.I was too lazy to dig deeper.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

And fans still love him to this day.
    I know I'm still a big fan. He was tough as nails and fearless. If only they could find a PG like him...

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    To this day, his is the only Raptors jersey I was willing to dish the cash out for.
    Sadly, I've got both Carter and Bosh jerseys in my not-so-distinguished jersey collection.....sigh.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

He's better than anyone who has ever coached the Raptors, so yeah, I'm a little surprised that suddenly we're going to get particular about coaches.

9. Like ReubenJRD, Blacklash2k4 liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Assistant coaches going makes sense. Do you think Triano was a Mitchell pick? Or that he was planted by BC? Masai could want to cut that type of nonsense out.

Post Thanks / Like

I never buy Raptors jerseys because even a wet nap from KFC has more long term potential than one of those. LOL

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post

This may become my favorite summer as a Raps fan (sans VC resigning)
    That's what I'm concerned about. It feels like they've already drawn me in without actually doing anything that has a direct affect on the basketball court. Sort of a signature BC move. I'm trying to hold off my excitement for when they start fixing the actual roster.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    My feel for the situation is that Ujiri had the green light to axe Casey if he wanted to, but he didn't. I think Ujiri feels that Casey can still be a great head coach, he just needs the right support around him (assistant coaches, front office, scouting, and players). Basically, I think Ujiri feels like BC set Casey up to fail, and he is actually a better coach than he has shown the past year.
    i'm pretty sure they just don't want to ax casey when they'd have to pay him, and this year is going to be a write off anyways. he's going to shape the roster a little bit and probably start making the big, franchise moves next year.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm pretty sure they just don't want to ax casey when they'd have to pay him, and this year is going to be a write off anyways. he's going to shape the roster a little bit and probably start making the big, franchise moves next year.
    Anything that sends Bargnani out is a big, franchise move in my opinion.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

15. Like bounty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And if he can get something of reasonable value in return there will be a parade in the street.

Post Thanks / Like

Well that's certainly true but you know what i mean. You guys!
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Changes '13

Eric Koreen
    Eric Koreen @ekoreen 2 hours ago

As of last night, Raps vice-president of international scouting, Maurizio Gherardini and scout Alvin Williams told me they had not heard Ö
    http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2VAwBfKFl

League sources say the Raptors have already conducted initial interviews with assistant coach hopefuls Nick Nurse of the Rio Grande Vipers of the D League, former Raptor and current Brooklyn assistant Popeye Jones and ex-NBAer Tyronn Lue. Whether those three have to be re-interviewed once Ujiri is on the job full-time remains to be seen but the future of the current staff is cloudier than itís ever been.
    Source: The Star

Raptors Republic Starter Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just feel like with all the talk of MLSE being big spenders, firing a coach with one year left on his deal wouldn't be such a big issue if Ujiri felt like he wasn't the right guy. I really don't think Casey's reputation is nearly as bad around the league as it is on these forums. I think if you give Casey a team built like the team he had in Dallas, he would be able to get them to contender status. That wasn't even all that talented a team, so coaching clearly played a big part in their success.

Post Thanks / Like

Casey was a darling of the league before getting on a plane for Toronto. I don't know if he'll get another head coaching gig after this one. That's two strikes.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ujiri "We wont be talking playoffs till the 2018 season, we are doing a serious rebuild again no promises but playoffs definitely by 2024"

Raptor Fans YESSSSSS UJIRI UJIRI UJIRI!

BC: DAFUQ?

Post Thanks / Like

Day of Reckoning approaches.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Attention Raptor employees!

You may breathe in 48 hours if you are still permitted on the premises and have not been given a cardboard box.

"Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Thread Information