Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll say this Leiweke at least doesn't look like an "all his Eggs in one basket type of guy" If this isnt settled by Friday I think toronto should withdraw the offer and pursue someone else clocks ticking!!! plenty of candidates.

Comment

• I'd be very surprised if Sam Witwicky doesn't have 2, 3, 4,....15 backup plans in case Ujiri doesn't pan out.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        For real. I hope he's already got some plans worked out incase this doesn't work out.
        You don't become that successful without have multiple backup plans.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
          pretty embarrassed but I assume he would quickly move on to the next due he has in mind honestly why is he taking so long???
          Why would anyone be embarrassed? I don't get it.

Ujiri is the GM of a 57-win team that, with a better coach, might have been a legit WCF contender. He has done all the heavy lifting for a roster that is set to be very, very good for the next 3-4 years. By all accounts, he will make millions in Denver as well.

I'm impressed Toronto is pursuing the guy at all given the circumstances. To fail in this is nothing to be shamed about.

Comment

• Lots of guys on here who never approached a girl in their lives because they don't want to be rejected. Ask Heinz if you can be his wingman for a night ... though, maybe not, that might end in paying not to be rejected; whatever, just go out and don't stare at the girls from a distance or sit close to them without saying a word, they'll think you're creepy.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Ujiri is the GM of a 57-win team that, with a better coach, might have been a legit WCF contender. He has done all the heavy lifting for a roster that is set to be very, very good for the next 3-4 years. By all accounts, he will make millions in Denver as well.

I'm impressed Toronto is pursuing the guy at all given the circumstances. To fail in this is nothing to be shamed about.
              It shows they're trying. I'm itching to know their backup plan.

Comment

• I am so passed this whole Ujiri thing. Lost interest about Tuesday. Unless he is dealing with some kind of incredible internal or personal issue (like he has a rare disease, and only has 18 months to live, and isn't sure he could make enough of an impact with the Raptors to leave a decent legacy) then I don't understand the issue. Even if he doesn't think there is an easy solution to the Raps problems, take the 15 mill, stick it out for three years, then move on to the next job. who's going to blame him for failing with such a flawed roster and no financial flexibility.

His family's financial future would be secured for the next two generations.

Comment

• Ujiri has a contract with Denver until June 30th. I believe he has to get their permission to accept TO's offer before then. They might be playing hardball regarding compensation. Otherwise this length of delay doesn't make sense.

Comment

• He was already given permission to talk with the Raptors. I don't think the Rockets can prevent him from signing a agreement which doesn't take affect until the day after his current contract expires.

It's also of no benefit to them to try something like that.

Comment

• I get what you are saying but if Ujiri wants to accept TO's offer it is obvious he would want to start immediately with the draft coming up and possible trades table currently. This would mean some form of release from his current deal. I have no doubt that he would accept a bonafide Denver deal even with a slight discount but this may not be forthcoming or a statement would have been made by now. JUst putting some thoughts out there.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I was just joking around. He doesn't seem like the type of guy who gets shaken up that easy. He's a confident dude.
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Lets see what happens tomorrow stop messing around Ujiri YES or No check a box already.

Comment

• The waiting game sucks, let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Well... Nothing yet
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Tomorrow is June Ujiri stop wasting time Id like to know who the Raps GM is before the finals cause Spurs are about sweep.

Comment

Working...
                                X