Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shawn Respert says Kyle Lowry has the best work ethic his seen

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shawn Respert says Kyle Lowry has the best work ethic his seen

What's the best work ethic you have ever seen in a player?

SR: Kyle Lowry would be one player I'd mention. He really enjoyed getting in the gym and working on his game. And for the first half of the lockout season he was probably one of the best 10 players in the league. And the other one would be Luis Scola. He was the ultimate professional. Every day was like clockwork: he did his footwork drills, then his shooting drills... He was extremely professional. Two guys that I would add to the list would be Ricky Rubio and Nikola Pekovic. Those two guys, every single day, they had to do something to get better, watching film, getting in the weight room, even getting treatment to take care of their bodies.

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/interviews/sierra/shawn-respert-adelman-would-be-good-coaching-any-sport#k1OGMFSL2Zj5H4rk.99

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just reminds us that Lowry wasn't 100% last season. Let's hope he can stay completely healthy this season so we can see the hard work pay off

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

if he comes off and plays to his potential then raps can make the 2nd round
    ya dun noe

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, so looks like he is the only North American on the list. What does that mean really?

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

like coach said a million times, Kyle is a natural competitor. he needs to come out this season and be the best that he can truly be. hopefully everything's gonna pay off
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Post Thanks / Like

Lowry definitely was not 100% last season. Let's all root for him and pray to fucking god he plays to his top potential this season!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Just reminds us that Lowry wasn't 100% last season. Let's hope he can stay completely healthy this season so we can see the hard work pay off
    Agreed. Would like him to be a little more fan friendly......he is very intense.

Post Thanks / Like

I think his style of play contributes to his injury problems. When healthy he can do some amazing things but that aggressive almost reckless style of ball wears you out. His durability has always been my big issue with him and his acquisition. He also didn't handle the Jose thing very well which speaks to his mental too. Hopefully he shows something this year or not depending on your aspirations for this year.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh. Lowry playing 120% of what he did last season would mean his value skyrockets going into a contract year. is he worth 4 years 46 million? Would it be in the Raptors best interest to make him our long term PG? Could he have started in the conference finals?? I don't think I want Lowry as our long term PG. I hope he plays well to earn a really nice trade chip half way for a team that think they are 1 PG away from championships..

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He'd probably kill a fan if they criticized him lol

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowry's work ethic is so legendary that he was out of shape last year.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Out of shape for a guy on the street. Down right fat for an NBA player.

I hope all this work ethic / injury stuff is true .. but so far .. Ive seen little evidence of it ..

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol thats one of the best laughs I've had on here in a while.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

To be fair he was recovering from a injury most of the summer. Couldn't really work out.

15. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if anyone has a staph infection but the fact that the man even suited up for us last season was a miracle.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Where does this guy rank Michael Beasley on that list?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hurricane_Herm wrote: View Post
    Would it be in the Raptors best interest to make him our long term PG? Could he have started in the conference finals?? I don't think I want Lowry as our long term PG.
    Starting point guards in this year's East finals were Mario Chalmers and George Hill. I'd say Lowry could start over either of those guys. The teams Indiana and Miami beat to get to the ECF were starting Pablo Prigioni/Ray Felton and Nate Robinson, respectively.

Ask a fan of any of those teams if they'd rather have Kyle Lowry than their current starting PG. The only team you might get a no from is Indiana--Lowry might be a better player than George Hill, but Hill's a fantastic fit for that team.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Stupid, he was recovering from injury. He's showing the work ethic they're talking about this summer by losing all that weight. If you've seen pictures, you'll know.

Most improved Raptor next year in my opinion..
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

That's great he's in good shape but let's see if he stops being a dick with the coaches

21. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tkfu wrote: View Post
    Starting point guards in this year's East finals were Mario Chalmers and George Hill. I'd say Lowry could start over either of those guys. The teams Indiana and Miami beat to get to the ECF were starting Pablo Prigioni/Ray Felton and Nate Robinson, respectively.

Ask a fan of any of those teams if they'd rather have Kyle Lowry than their current starting PG. The only team you might get a no from is Indiana--Lowry might be a better player than George Hill, but Hill's a fantastic fit for that team.
    Lets just go ahead an list all the playoff teams from this year:
    West: OKC no. LAC no. GS no. Memphis no. San Antonio no. Houston and LAL yes.
    East: Indiana no. Chicago next year no. Brooklyn no. Indiana no. Atlanta no. Boston no. Milwaukee NYK yes. (Miami is never allowed to be in a discussion for roster spots because the team is much to unique. You have the best player on earth who can play point if need be, and a legend SG who can also play point. That team has no need for a true PG in the last 5 min of a basketball game.)

My point I guess is if you put Lowry on any of the yes teams, how much further do they advance in the playoffs. I would argue that he wouldn't have changed any teams fate, except perhaps NYK last year.

How does he change are fate if he is our long term PG solution? I just don't think he can be the type of PG that wins championships. I don't think his defence can be lock down. I don't think he can make the critical passes that players need.

I do think he is right for the Raptors right now: A team that wants to be competitive, win home games, and boost moral.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information