View Poll Results: Who do you think will be next GM of the Toronto Raptors?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phil Jackson

2 4.55%
  • Masai Ujiri

23 52.27%
  • Kevin Pritchard

6 13.64%
  • Troy Weaver

6 13.64%
  • David Morway

1 2.27%
  • Ed Stefanski

5 11.36%
  • Other (please name names)

1 2.27%
Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    The confusion here was caused by your question "Name a GM who has done a better job in the last 3 years?". I can see your honesty but I hope you understand why people don't agree with the fairness of the question.

Ujiri has done a better job in the last 3 years because he's been a GM for only 3 years. Hypothetically, lets say we're in 2016 and Ujiri has had losing seasons between 2013 and 2016. What would you do then? Pick the best GM of the 3 years preceding 2016? What if none of the available GM's have winning records in the 3 years preceding 2016?

The question should be "Name an available GM who has a better record than Ujiri?".
    Do you have an answer for that question, or are you just patrolling the forums to see if anyone asked questions that don't fit hypotheticals?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Ujiri put that entire roster together. How can you not give him the credit? He turned Melo into Gallianri, Chandler, Felton, Koufos, Mozgov, and a 2014 1st round pick. He then turned Felton into Andre Miller. He also turned Aaran Afflalo and that 2014 1st round pick into Andre Igoudala. They also have the right to switch 1st round picks with the Knicks in 2016. In addition, he drafted great late round vale nabbing Farried and Fournier. The Nene for McGee swap was a nice way to make the team younger while shedding salary. Name another GM that has been that impressive the past 3 years.
    I think the Melo situation was good enough of an indicator to see he has a good eye for talent, and can get the best out of any situation. To summarize, Afflalo to Iguodala is amazing, seriously. One player (Melo) turning into multiple assets, and drafted well in their recent past positions.

If Ujiri was handed the Bargnani situation, I'd have no concern on what type of players/contracts/assets we are receiving.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have an answer for that question, or are you just patrolling the forums to see if anyone asked questions that don't fit hypotheticals?
    By stating a hypothetical situation, I was trying to help you see what caused the confusion. I'm trying to be helpful not difficult.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"full control" I AM ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL says Ujiri

Im glad BC is still within the company doing what he does best, being a business man. Things are about to get very interesting soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    "full control" I AM ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL says Ujiri

Im glad BC is still within the company doing what he does best, being a business man. Things are about to get very interesting soon.
    It's about damn time.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't go for it MLSE...go after another GM, i have an ominous feeling about this.

Ujiri made made some fairly good trades but Denver as it is now are a pseudo-contending team that are aesthetically pleasing to watch. I want someone who will build through the draft and ditch Bargs, Lowry and Gay.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BC to be Kept?

Just got a PM on Facebook from an old BB buddy proclaiming his disgust that BC is to be kept on in a none basketball role. Actually he said "The Raptors had the opportunity to shed this franchise of that fool GM and they decide to keep him in a 'non basketball role'?"

Can't find any announcements, but I can state categorically that my friend is not an acid head.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JasonS wrote: View Post
    Don't go for it MLSE...go after another GM, i have an ominous feeling about this.

Ujiri made made some fairly good trades but Denver as it is now are a pseudo-contending team that are aesthetically pleasing to watch. I want someone who will build through the draft and ditch Bargs, Lowry and Gay.
    I have no words. Build AGAIN through the draft, wow. I guess then Seattle can come and take Raptors away from us.

11. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's time to celebrate!. He'll fit in business side role, for sure.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind this.. I think it's a way for MLSE to keep Bryan on the payroll until he finds another basketball role somewhere else in the league.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with decision. He made sure of Raptors being active in charities and community. He'll fit in this role. Thank god he's out of basketball operations!

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Burke get a similar deal from MLSE? Allowing him to stay on as an executive at MLSE but that only lasted a few months. I would be surprised if Bryan was still in Toronto by this time next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    I think the Melo situation was good enough of an indicator to see he has a good eye for talent, and can get the best out of any situation. To summarize, Afflalo to Iguodala is amazing, seriously. One player (Melo) turning into multiple assets, and drafted well in their recent past positions.

If Ujiri was handed the Bargnani situation, I'd have no concern on what type of players/contracts/assets we are receiving.
    Exactly. Ujiri is the kind of guy that could turn Bargs into a few role players and a late draft pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    By stating a hypothetical situation, I was trying to help you see what caused the confusion. I'm trying to be helpful not difficult.
    I see from your comment above you were in favor of keeping BC. Are you upset now that he's been officially removed from the GM role? Now that he's out of the way, who do you want them to hire to replace BC as GM?

-Getting you back on track

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a placeholder until BC gets a new GM gig somewhere else. Thankfully it's non basketball related so no more worrying about BC messing things up. We can blame the new GM for all future mistakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JasonS wrote: View Post

What Ujiri did with Denver was pretty damn amazing in my opinion. If Gallinari was healthy it could easily be Denver in the Western Conference finals. You blow it up guys are getting ridiculous. How many #1 draft picks do we need to be able to beat Miami? With your plan maybe we can contend when Lebron retires in 10 years.....

21. Like NoPropsneeded liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you upset now that he's been officially removed from the GM role?
    Upset are those who can't accept.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Thread Information