View Poll Results: Who do you think will be next GM of the Toronto Raptors?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phil Jackson

    2 4.55%
  • Masai Ujiri

    23 52.27%
  • Kevin Pritchard

    6 13.64%
  • Troy Weaver

    6 13.64%
  • David Morway

    1 2.27%
  • Ed Stefanski

    5 11.36%
  • Other (please name names)

    1 2.27%
Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 1138

Thread: Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

  1. #141
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Colangelo's stock is on the rise.

  2. #142
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Colangelo's stock is on the rise.
    How so?
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  3. #143
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    How so?
    7 years out of the playoffs is in high demand these days

  4. #144
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    7 years out of the playoffs is in high demand these days
    "Just" 5 years.

    There are a few of them in the league surprisingly.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  5. #145
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    When the hell are we going to find out what's happening? Other teams are making their moves already and we still haven't decided if we're keeping BC or not?!?! Faaaack

  6. #146
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Feels like more than 5 years, woops

  7. #147
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That makes sense. Because if Leiweke feels Colangelo isn't apart of the franchise moving forward, it doesn't make sense having him draft for us in June. Oh wait ........ WE HAVE NO DRAFT PICKS.

  8. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
  9. #148
    Administrator Arsenalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The fact that they haven't fired him already is making me nervous. That means there's some element in Leiweke that's contemplating keeping him. Maybe he's waiting to see if Jackson is available and making a decision on Colangelo based on that.

  10. #149
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Maybe he's waiting to see if Jackson is available and making a decision on Colangelo based on that.
    This is what I was thinking. Because I'm not sure bringing in someone with zero experience (unless its Jackson of course) would be a good first move for Leiweke either. At least as far as appearances go.
    Nor would going out and getting a guy like David Kahn ... I think its either Jackson or BC next season.

    Although.. I could also see them promoting Stefanski to GM for a season if BC is let go and Jackson isn't available.
    Last edited by Joey; Sat May 11th, 2013 at 04:15 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

  11. #150
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    How so?
    BC is interviewing Ty Lue for an assistant coaching position.

  12. #151
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    BC is interviewing Ty Lue for an assistant coaching position.
    How in the world does that rise BC's stock? He's trying to hire a coach for his staff, it's not Sloan, it's not Jackson, it's not Van Gundy.

  13. #152
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    How in the world does that rise BC's stock? He's trying to hire a coach for his staff, it's not Sloan, it's not Jackson, it's not Van Gundy.
    I guess stretch means that they won't allow BC to do the hiring if they intend to part ways with him shortly.

  14. #153
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    BC is interviewing Ty Lue for an assistant coaching position.
    Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    How in the world does that rise BC's stock? He's trying to hire a coach for his staff, it's not Sloan, it's not Jackson, it's not Van Gundy.
    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I guess stretch means that they won't allow BC to do the hiring if they intend to part ways with him shortly.
    Who is to say BC contacted the Celtics?

    Who is to say BC was not directed to contact the Celtics about Lue - assuming he was the one to contact?

    Who is to say BC is not going about his daily duties which include hiring of coaching staff and will continue to do so until he is told otherwise?

    Who is to say Lue is not turning heads around the league and is actually a valuable coaching asset?

    Who is to say BC is not one smart mothaf*cka and looking to add elements of the Zen Master to impress his new boss and maybe even the Zen Master himself?



    As I said earlier, speculation is fun.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  15. #154
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,760
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Who is to say BC contacted the Celtics?

    Who is to say BC was not directed to contact the Celtics about Lue - assuming he was the one to contact?

    Who is to say BC is not going about his daily duties which include hiring of coaching staff and will continue to do so until he is told otherwise?

    Who is to say Lue is not turning heads around the league and is actually a valuable coaching asset?

    Who is to say BC is not one smart mothaf*cka and looking to add elements of the Zen Master to impress his new boss and maybe even the Zen Master himself?



    As I said earlier, speculation is fun.
    The bold is really all I care about. All the other things may be true. Since it is a coaching staff addition, it is also possible this is at Casey's request. But in the end, I'm just happy if the team is being active trying to bring someone in they think can help. Really, even though we're not the Bobcats, we need all the help we can get.

  16. #155
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The front office is initiating contact with a Celtics assistant. Last time I looked BC is running the show. No speculation there.

  17. #156
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    The front office is initiating contact with a Celtics assistant. Last time I looked BC is running the show. No speculation there.
    Is he?

    What if BC had been told after May 7th meeting, "Sit on your hands for a couple of days until we make a decision."

    What if someone above Colangelo told Stefanski to contact the Celtics?



    .... And quite trying to kill the speculating fun!
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  18. #157
    Raptors Republic Starter phez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Decision this week ...

  19. #158
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Is he?

    What if BC had been told after May 7th meeting, "Sit on your hands for a couple of days until we make a decision."

    What if someone above Colangelo told Stefanski to contact the Celtics?



    .... And quite trying to kill the speculating fun!
    OK, I get it, now.

    So Phil is being hired.

    Ty Lu is offensive coordinator for new coach Brian Shaw.

    Life is good.....

  20. #159
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh boy. I cannot wait for the "Colangelo Fired" thread.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  21. Like ceez liked this post
  22. #160
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Etobicoke
    Posts
    981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Oh boy. I cannot wait for the "Colangelo Fired" thread.
    You'll be waiting a year :P

Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •