What about Larry Bird for GM/Prez?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about Larry Bird for GM/Prez?

So, it seems like we are in wait-and-see mode to find out how the Phil Jackson / BC thing plays out.

What about Larry Bird for GM / Prez?

He's won as a player (MVP), Coach (COY), Executive (EOY). He completely rebuilt the Pacers into the winning team they are today without tanking or a having a definable superstar on a limited small market budget.

Credibility? Check. Name appeal? Check. Winner? Check. Available? Check.

Sign me up - Check.

I do believe a big part of him stepping away from the Pacers was health related. It was more of a forced departure for non-basketball reasons if I remember correctly. I would not be surprised to see him back in Indiana.

Comment

Yeah I'd be all for this.

I don't think he's too into it anymore
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Personally, I'd pass on Bird. Not because he hasn't done a great job with Indiana, but because I prefer a GM that has a track record of building through the draft. Someone like Kevin Pritchard, Sam Presti, Rich Cho whom have a good eye for drafting talented players early or late in the draft. Chris Grant from the Cavaliers seems to have the same philosophy on how to build a team, but outside of Kyrie he hasn't exactly made the best picks (Thompson over JV/Waiters over Lillard).

Ofcourse, those GM's I've mentioned are already employed for a reason.

Comment

Larry Bird in his final year over the Pacers he was quoted calling his own team soft truly one of the greatest players of all time I dont think the youngins of the Raps could handle Larry Legend lol.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            Larry Bird in his final year over the Pacers he was quoted calling his own team soft truly one of the greatest players of all time I dont think the youngins of the Raps could handle Larry Legend lol.
            Trying to read your replies are incredibly hard, punctuation.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Absolutely 100% yes.

But, this is nothing more than hypothetical.
              He's from Indiana. He's either going to be involved with the pacers or not involved.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Brand name not required

Larry took a long time to get that team rolling and now they're playing well but I'm not sold on him being an upgrade... I mean the Raptors jumped on the Colangelo wagon after the Suns had a certain level of success as well... One could argue that Suns team is better than this Pacers team.

If Larry was up to it and willing to give it a try I'm not all that confident that we would be in a different place in five years...

Personally, I'd rather see them go after an executive that's being groomed by a highly successful front office. I'm not sure who that is but that's what I'd like to see. I don't care about the brand name at this point, I just want someone in there who (beyond ability) is responsible and dedicated to a plan. Colangelo's plan deviates when adversity hits and history shows us now that when adversity hits his choices are highly risky. Unfortunately those risks blew up in his face here.

Comment

So Larry why are you resigning? "I hate being around losers, the Raptors are soft"

ya Larry is that kind of guy, but maybe hes not the GM we need but the one we deserve.

Comment

Working...
                  X