Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rebuild or Re-tool? (thread merge in post #358)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A big fat definite NO to Monta Ellis.

He is even less efficient that DeRozan.

http://www.thenbageek.com/players/co...r_ids[]=93

The only advantage I'd give Ellis is he does not have to be set up off 2 and 3 screens to get his shot.

Comment

• Its Monta not Monte... atleast spell his name right lol

Comment

• Haven't posted in a while since apparently work blocks me from throwing in my two cents on the boards haha. Jumping in late but if Raps go with rebuild, I'd offer the Cavs Gay and Amir for Tristan and the #1. Who the Raps take with that pick, I dunno

Comment

• this question just got a lot more interesting. There are some professional tankers in the atlantic now and we're not one of them

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            this question just got a lot more interesting. There are some professional tankers in the atlantic now and we're not one of them
            Was about to post about this. Both Boston and Philly are in the Wiggins Cup. Well I guess that means the Raps are in the Playoffs? I mean in 2 weeks we'll probably discover that the Bucks are in it (the race to the bottom) to win it to. If everyone is diving it will make trading Bargnani mad tough. Half the teams are trying to dive and the other half are trying to cut payroll for free agency in a year.

Mad frustrating. I see another fluke good year because no one else is trying, and then back to mediocrity. Am I over reacting?

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              Was about to post about this. Both Boston and Philly are in the Wiggins Cup. Well I guess that means the Raps are in the Playoffs? I mean in 2 weeks we'll probably discover that the Bucks are in it (the race to the bottom) to win it to. If everyone is diving it will make trading Bargnani mad tough. Half the teams are trying to dive and the other half are trying to cut payroll for free agency in a year.

Mad frustrating. I see another fluke good year because no one else is trying, and then back to mediocrity. Am I over reacting?
              Not over reacting at all. All any team needs is to not make the playoffs and they have a chance. Seems like everyone has given the east to miami except the nets and indiana.

God damn boston just got 4 first rounders for their coach and two players. And gave themselves a good chance to grow on the fly while losinv and gaining ping pong balls.

We will make the playoffs get a less talented draft pick and then be surpassed by the teams that start their rebuilds this year instead of 5 years ago like we did.

That Gay trade cost us a lot more then it shows.

Comment

• Eastern Conference teams that will be tanking next season:
                Boston
                Philli
                Detroit
                Clevland
                Atlanta
                Charlotte
                Orlando
                Millwaukee (possibly)

That places us in a "heated" battle for the 6th seed...good greif.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  Eastern Conference teams that will be tanking next season:
                  Boston
                  Philli
                  Detroit
                  Clevland
                  Atlanta
                  Charlotte
                  Orlando
                  Millwaukee (possibly)

I wouldn't include Cleveland on that list. They've been pretty open about wanting to win and I think if Kyrie and Varejao stay healthy, they're too good to be true tankers. I'd look for Detroit to take a step forwards also.

Looking at how bad a couple of those teams are going to be (76ers are going to be hopeless! [by design]) I'd say tanking next season has huge potential for disappointment.

Comment

• coastal wrote: View Post
                    I wouldn't include Cleveland on that list. They've been pretty open about wanting to win and I think if Kyrie and Varejao stay healthy, they're too good to be true tankers. I'd look for Detroit to take a step forwards also.

Looking at how bad a couple of those teams are going to be (76ers are going to be hopeless! [by design]) I'd say tanking next season has huge potential for disappointment.
                    I wouldn't count Clevland out either. This last draft could set up their roster for their next run at being contenders. They have a lot of rookie or rookie-ish players that they give big minutes to. So though they are developing these players they aren't exactly going out trying to make a hard push for the playoffs. Detroit is another team that knows that taking advantage of the upcoming, talent filled draft could be key for their future. These two teams aren't exactly going to tank as in go out there to lose games, but they are going to play their rookies and young players the bulk of the minutes which in a way is the same as tanking from an over all perspective.

Comment

Not really. This team is in no-man's land. Not near good enough to contend but not nearly bad enough to get into the high lottery. Compounding the issue is the complete lack of tradeable assets outside of JV and the 2014 first (neither of which will be moved). The reason teams like Philly and Boston have options is because they have good asssets. Players other teams covet. That gives you alternatives.

As I said at the time, the decision to keep Colangelo post-lockout set this team back not one year or two, but 5 or 6. Too many mistakes to fix. We keep debating what should be done with this team but the answer is not easy or simple. They are light years away from the Big 4 (or 5) in the East. I hope Masai was ready for this - it's a really, really tough, bad job right now.

Comment

• This is going to be an annoying year, I can feel it.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                          This is going to be an annoying year, I can feel it.
                          Yep, another wasted year most likely. Waiting out the various bad contracts they are locked into. Basketball Purgatory, thy name is Toronto.

The sole positive might be that with Boston, Philly, Detroit, Orlando, Charlotte, Atlanta (most likely), Mil (most likely), all playing the Andrew Wiggins sweepstakes, the Raps might finally get a home playoff game by default. Yeah! Although, I do think that Cleveland (I really like Bennett in that situation and think he will make them better right away) and Washington will be vastly improved if they stay healthy, so 8th place is probably the realistic expectation.

Comment

• What's sadder is that we're all seeing this now, but the average joe fan will get excited when the Raps slip into the playoffs... They'll think we're crazy when we bitch about this for the next 2 seasons while all the other East teams reload. Ugh. This isn't depressing as a fan at all.

Comment

What's sadder is that we're all seeing this now, but the average joe fan will get excited when the Raps slip into the playoffs... They'll think we're crazy when we bitch about this for the next 2 seasons while all the other East teams reload. Ugh. This isn't depressing as a fan at all.
                              Yeah, but by slipping into the 8th spot, the core players will all get that ever so important playoff experience, even if only on short little doses. Kaizen. It's called continuous improvement. By the third year they should be making a series of it before their first round exits.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                                Eastern Conference teams that will be tanking next season:
                                Boston
                                Philli
                                Detroit
                                Clevland
                                Atlanta
                                Charlotte
                                Orlando
                                Millwaukee (possibly)

I don't think Cleveland or Detroit are tanking.

Detroit:

Cleveland:

Lots of talk prior to draft they are looking for veterans to compliment youth to make playoff push. Enough losing.

Atlanta:

Lets see what happens after FA. Everyone wrote them off last year after JJ trade and they were no worse.

Charlotte:

On the road to nowhere but steadily improving.

Orlando:

I don't call them tanking anymore. They are proper rebuilding. Tanking has a stigma. I am in awe of Orlando and their GM.

Milwaukee:

We'll see.

So in the East our known tankers are: Philly, Boston.
                                Charlotte are just bad.
                                Orlando is going through the process.

Comment

Working...
                                X