Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: Zach Lowe and Bill Simmons on Rudy Gay

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,875
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    He would look pretty stupid though.
    The intimidation and mean factor would be gone.

    That's a bit part of the game imo.
    He should have just got those chunky hipster goggles that Stoudemire has, those are dope.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    491
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    He would look pretty stupid though.
    The intimidation and mean factor would be gone.

    That's a bit part of the game imo.
    Rudy Gay has an "intimidation and mean factor"?
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

  3. Like ReubenJRD, mcHAPPY liked this post
  4. #23
    Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    1,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It could be a comfort thing. Some people just don't feel comfortable wearing things on their face, it through a off their game, or it's always in your head.

  5. #24
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,806
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well he got laser eye surgery so its all good. He doesn't have to wear anything on his eyes

  6. #25
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    dude rocks that haircut and he was embarrassed to wear glasses?

  7. #26
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    To let everyone know, I wear goggles when I play basketball, and I tell you, it does actually ruin any type of intimidation you have, and I personally hate having to wear it. I'm going to be going with contacts very soon, goggles are not the most comfortable thing in the world.

  8. #27
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    To let everyone know, I wear goggles when I play basketball, and I tell you, it does actually ruin any type of intimidation you have, and I personally hate having to wear it. I'm going to be going with contacts very soon, goggles are not the most comfortable thing in the world.
    There is a bit of a "dorky" (for lack of a better word) stigma associated with glasses on the court. But that would apply to first impressions only. I would think that one's play is much more responsible for intimidating an opponent. Within 5 minutes of tipoff, the opponent should know if you're more Horace Grant than Steve Urkel.

    At the end of the day, I think it's a non-issue....and a silly reason if Gay used it to avoid glasses.

    Having said that, I've been wearing contacts since I was 13
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  9. #28
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i need glasses, but neither wear glasses or contacts... because i'm a man.

    i'm also most likely a much shittier shooter than most of you...

    but at least you all know i have big balls because i don't wear glasses.



    (in short, not wearing glasses that you need because you're worried about how "intimidating" you are is stupid. be intimidating, don't look intimidating)

  10. Like Fully, bounty, Rapstor4Life liked this post
  11. #29
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm sure it's not all about this "intimidation" crap you guys are talking about.

    Admitting that you, as a superstar athlete who has dominated in every fashion on basically all levels, are not perfect is a tough thing to do. I remember Chris Webber once said when he first suffered his first big injury he had such a hard time accepting the fact that even he could break down.

    Also it's easy to point fingers and say that he's a pro athlete he has to take care of himself but how many of you look for permanent solutions to small health problems*, even if those health problems slightly affect your work and day-to-day lives.


    *I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Rudy Gay's eyes are poor, he ain't close to blind.

  12. #30
    Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NORTHCOAST
    Posts
    1,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS POST A BLEACHER REPORT ARTICLE TO PROVE YOUR POINT:

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...history/page/2
    Last edited by Employee; Tue May 14th, 2013 at 04:42 PM.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

  13. #31
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,564
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS POST A BLEACHER REPORT ARTICLE FOR PROVE YOUR POINT:

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...history/page/2
    How did Rambis even play with those. I find it so frustrating scrimmaging with actual glasses...I don't know how he did it in the NBA.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  14. #32
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    There is a bit of a "dorky" (for lack of a better word) stigma associated with glasses on the court. But that would apply to first impressions only. I would think that one's play is much more responsible for intimidating an opponent. Within 5 minutes of tipoff, the opponent should know if you're more Horace Grant than Steve Urkel.

    At the end of the day, I think it's a non-issue....and a silly reason if Gay used it to avoid glasses.

    Having said that, I've been wearing contacts since I was 13
    I consider myself a rough player, I consistently like to play in the paint, and I talk a lot of trash, but that doesn't keep opposing players from saying "Alright, I got Stoudemire!"

  15. #33
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    I consider myself a rough player, I consistently like to play in the paint, and I talk a lot of trash, but that doesn't keep opposing players from saying "Alright, I got Stoudemire!"
    That's the beauty of trash-talking. You could be LeBron James, but a witty opponent can still find a way to rip you
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  16. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
  17. #34
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,806
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    To let everyone know, I wear goggles when I play basketball, and I tell you, it does actually ruin any type of intimidation you have, and I personally hate having to wear it. I'm going to be going with contacts very soon, goggles are not the most comfortable thing in the world.
    I wear goggles too but mines are pretty comfortable. Plus i'm mainly a shooter so they don't really bother me at all

  18. #35
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Didn't know where else to put this:




    And to think, we were so close to having 3 of the top 5 :|
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  19. Like Letter N, ReubenJRD liked this post
  20. #36
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Didn't know where else to put this:




    And to think, we were so close to having 3 of the top 5 :|
    Rudy Gay just had laser eye surgery, so you can bank on him dropping to 6th on that list.

  21. #37
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    [QUOTE=Matt52;207856]
    Someone said this to me on these forums I believe about Gay being like Bargnani in the sense that, "Gay would be awesome if....." Raptor fans appear to be back in the Bargnani boat except this time with Gay. Gay would be awesome if:
    QUOTE]

    don't we do this with most of our players. I've heard it time and again on these forums regarding Demar, Ross, Fields, AA and Lowry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •