Zach Lowe and Bill Simmons on Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    sometimes people are afraid to go through with procedures. Not uncommon as you may think.
    Apparently he refused to wear goggles. That could be just some vanity shit there.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
      It's not a phobia, he just thinks it's going to make him look stupid and refuses to wear it
      And everything's just because...
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
        Apparently he refused to wear goggles. That could be just some vanity shit there.
        was it just about goggles? my bad thought it was about the surgery. My mistake.

Comment

He would look pretty stupid though.
          The intimidation and mean factor would be gone.

That's a bit part of the game imo.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post

Well Kareem, Stoudemire or Kurt didn't had any problems with that and I bet that they weren't considered as not mean, while wearing them, it's 21st century, glasses are fashion.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

He should have just got those chunky hipster goggles that Stoudemire has, those are dope.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Rudy Gay has an "intimidation and mean factor"?
                Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

It could be a comfort thing. Some people just don't feel comfortable wearing things on their face, it through a off their game, or it's always in your head.

Comment

Well he got laser eye surgery so its all good. He doesn't have to wear anything on his eyes

Comment

dude rocks that haircut and he was embarrassed to wear glasses?

Comment

To let everyone know, I wear goggles when I play basketball, and I tell you, it does actually ruin any type of intimidation you have, and I personally hate having to wear it. I'm going to be going with contacts very soon, goggles are not the most comfortable thing in the world.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                          To let everyone know, I wear goggles when I play basketball, and I tell you, it does actually ruin any type of intimidation you have, and I personally hate having to wear it. I'm going to be going with contacts very soon, goggles are not the most comfortable thing in the world.
                          There is a bit of a "dorky" (for lack of a better word) stigma associated with glasses on the court. But that would apply to first impressions only. I would think that one's play is much more responsible for intimidating an opponent. Within 5 minutes of tipoff, the opponent should know if you're more Horace Grant than Steve Urkel.

At the end of the day, I think it's a non-issue....and a silly reason if Gay used it to avoid glasses.

Having said that, I've been wearing contacts since I was 13

Comment

i need glasses, but neither wear glasses or contacts... because i'm a man.

i'm also most likely a much shittier shooter than most of you...

but at least you all know i have big balls because i don't wear glasses.

(in short, not wearing glasses that you need because you're worried about how "intimidating" you are is stupid. be intimidating, don't look intimidating)

Comment

I'm sure it's not all about this "intimidation" crap you guys are talking about.

Admitting that you, as a superstar athlete who has dominated in every fashion on basically all levels, are not perfect is a tough thing to do. I remember Chris Webber once said when he first suffered his first big injury he had such a hard time accepting the fact that even he could break down.

Also it's easy to point fingers and say that he's a pro athlete he has to take care of himself but how many of you look for permanent solutions to small health problems*, even if those health problems slightly affect your work and day-to-day lives.

*I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Rudy Gay's eyes are poor, he ain't close to blind.

Comment

WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS POST A BLEACHER REPORT ARTICLE TO PROVE YOUR POINT:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...history/page/2
                                Last edited by Employee; Tue May 14, 2013, 04:42 PM.
                                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                                X