No announcement yet.

Your list of "IF's"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we swapped rosters with the Bulls. Then we would be in the 5th seed next year and Bulls fans could have this conversation right. lol, most of you guys will be disappointed next year - no doubt about it. Still hoping and wishing and praying for individual improvements or additions of "better" players that will no doubt fix how we play. It would be nice to have five all-stars in the starting lineup tho, so I will cross my fingers that next season Demar can shoot the three, Rudy can see, both can pass, JV becomes the most dominant big man in the game, we somehow turn Bargs into an all star PF via internal organic growth or a trade, and Lowry regains his "walking triple double form" (lol, i know, but that phrase has been used somewhere on this forum). And no need to worry about defense, because we will average 125+ points a game. Sweet Lord, this must be what it feels like to be a Leafs fan.

I'm just gonna be realistic. IF the team commits to a system, and plays like they believe they can win, then I will be a happy Raptor fan regardless of the outcome. Well, maybe thats no more realistic than what the rest of you are hoping for, but certainly more achievable.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
      In agreement. My fear is we have another horrible start to season like last years 4-19. We always choke on December west cost trip and that screws us for the whole season.

IF we can be .500 by jan 1 I will be extremely thrilled.
      One reason for optimism is there will not be another 23 games of Andrea "Come Hell or Highwater" Bargnani.

I wonder how many games the Raptors coulda/shoulda/woulda won during the beginning of the season if Casey was not hell bent on riding the Italian Stallion.

I say this without hate or malice. I challenge anyone to find me a stat that shows Bargnani contributed to winning in any way shape or form other than his opponent shooting 35% within 5 feet of the basket on 21.9% of the possessions.

Comment

I'll sadly be excited for the season even if the team makes 0 changes.

I'd be thrilled if:
        if Fields learned how to shoot,
        if Gay's poor shooting % was because of his eyesight,
        if Demar continued to grow,
        if JV got heavy minutes and produced like we want him to,
        if Ross took the steps to become a legit '3 and D' winger,
        if Amir found another level of his development,
        if Lowry was healthy in mind and body,
        if Bargnani played well in any aspect of the game of basketball before being traded,
        if we didn't get screwed once all year by the refs.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Not a lot of happy campers in Raptorland but I think the one thing everyone basically agrees with is the current Raptor team with just minor tweaks has a low ceiling and requires a lot of "IF's" to make the playoffs - let alone go beyond the first round.

So whether you want the team to stay as is, blow it up, or make a trade give YOUR list of "IF's" that would make you excited for next season.
          I believe the current roster is good enough to make the playoffs next year. Having said that,

I will be excited IF the Raptors compete for a playoff spot, whether they make it or not.

I will be more optimistic IF the Raptors can land a decent backup PG.

I will be excited IF TheSpinDoctor does not sign or extend any player at more than fair value.

I will be excited IF I can chart 40 games next year. The Raptors have a non-standard line-up and I want to add that data to my database.

Comment

One reason for optimism is there will not be another 23 games of Andrea "Come Hell or Highwater" Bargnani.

I wonder how many games the Raptors coulda/shoulda/woulda won during the beginning of the season if Casey was not hell bent on riding the Italian Stallion.

I say this without hate or malice. I challenge anyone to find me a stat that shows Bargnani contributed to winning in any way shape or form other than his opponent shooting 35% within 5 feet of the basket on 21.9% of the possessions.
            I also hope that the improved roster (which will hopefully be further improved this offseason) results in no meaningful playing time for sub-par players like:
            - McGuire (15 games x 15 MPG)
            - Pietrus (19 games x 20 MPG)
            - Kleiza (20 games x 19 MPG)
            - Telfair (13 games x 14 MPG)
            - Lucas (63 games x 13 MPG)

Comment

ugh McGuire... Klieza Pietrus and Lucas!! Telfair has no beef with me did his thing for a 3rd option guard imo should have just kept Ben triple double Uzoh as the third option dirt cheap defends and ya what more do you want really? lol

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                I also hope that the improved roster (which will hopefully be further improved this offseason) results in no meaningful playing time for sub-par players like:
                Jesus that is painful to read

Comment

Jesus that is painful to read
                  Just as painful to write, with several double-takes! It's one thing for 3rd string players to see the court in garbage time, or in a limited number of games due to injury, but those guys played some pretty substantial minutes this season. Lucas was a borderline addition, mainly because I have such a disdain for selfish play after witnesses this past season. As for the rest - especially McGuire/Kleiza/Pietrus - I must have blocked out the memories, because I seriously don't remember them playing so much! The start of the season was such a nightmare...

Comment

*yawn*

That's a twisted representation. Pietrus even being brought in, Kleiza, McGuire all got those minutes in limited number of games because of injuries to Fields and Anderson, along with "dear in the headlights" rookie contributions from Ross.

Lucas came in as 3rd string (wtf do you expect from a 3rd string PG?) and was always intended as such, but Lowry injury, and Jose trade made his need much greater. Telfair was a no cost tryout when playoff hopes were down the drain anyway.

Comment

What if we traded bargnani for LBJ?
                      What if we traded derozan for d wade?

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
                        Call me crazy but I think there is some chance that Miami would consider this.

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
                          I was waiting for this. Surprised it took this long.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                            *yawn*

That's a twisted representation. Pietrus even being brought in, Kleiza, McGuire all got those minutes in limited number of games because of injuries to Fields and Anderson, along with "dear in the headlights" rookie contributions from Ross.

Lucas came in as 3rd string (wtf do you expect from a 3rd string PG?) and was always intended as such, but Lowry injury, and Jose trade made his need much greater. Telfair was a no cost tryout when playoff hopes were down the drain anyway.
                            No cost? Now, I'm not too worried about the 2nd rd pick or Hamed Haddadi, but considering that Eric Maynor was traded away for a 2nd rd pick as well...I can't really call it no cost. I would have much rather had Maynor.

Comment

I kinda liked what I saw out of McGuire. Better than I thought very good defensively.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Call me crazy but I think there is some chance that Miami would consider this.
                                Yeah and knowing our luck wade would be mostly injured and ex raptors bosh and dd would win a championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X