Greg Oden. Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Oden. Anyone?

I dont think posters will really take my post seriously, but, nothing really much to talk about since its the off-season.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ks-Ready-To-Go

Would you be willing to overpay to get Oden as JV's backup?

Meh....I definitely would not overpay to get him. Would I have interest if he was open to coming to Toronto? Sure. But again, not if it means overpaying. He really has no power to dictate terms. He'll probably play for a cheap deal somewhere he can be sure to get minutes.

Comment

Is there a reason you think the Raptors would have to "overpay" him? Do you think he's going to command a big price on the open market or are you just assuming that with teams like Miami reportedly in the mix - the only way he would come to Toronto is if they offer him so much money that he can't say no?

To answer your question though, I wouldn't want to bring him to Toronto for anything more than $4 million over 2 years or so, and even that feels high. I'm actually a big fan of Oden personally and would love to see him have NBA success - you just flat out can't expect him to stay healthy.

Comment

No... I just can't see him being healthy.

Comment

I would pick him up and limit him to being the third big at 20 minutes until we see how he responds. JV and Amir can both play the 4 if necessary
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
            Is there a reason you think the Raptors would have to "overpay" him? Do you think he's going to command a big price on the open market or are you just assuming that with teams like Miami reportedly in the mix - the only way he would come to Toronto is if they offer him so much money that he can't say no?

To answer your question though, I wouldn't want to bring him to Toronto for anything more than $4 million over 2 years or so, and even that feels high. I'm actually a big fan of Oden personally and would love to see him have NBA success - you just flat out can't expect him to stay healthy.
            I think he might, specially if its going around that among the teams that are most interested are the Heat and the Cavs.

I think there is still a mystery that surrounds Oden, of what he can actually do when given a clean bill of health. 3 years of rehabbing and conditioning may have done the trick. $2mil per year probably wont do it, of course he'd also want to cover his back incase he gets injured again. is the MLE $5 mil? That would probably do it. In case he gets injured again, at least $5 mil is not that big of a hit but if he does pan out, you potentially have the most promising frontcourt since Duncan and Robinson.
            Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri May 17, 2013, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Let Phoenix do what they do for Oden. Want no part of him playing for Toronto, but I hope he gets 2 or 3 productive years in the league.

Comment

This I would do actually because its gamble with a huge payoff if he stays healthy same goes for wherever Bynum ends up next season. Its not like having Oden instead of Gray is a loss to the team.

JV/Oden
                ?/Amir/Acy

thats good Big rotation.

Comment

I'm all for it, as long as we don't overpay. He's actually done well when he has played. Barring any further injury, I think he could be somewhat of an asset.

However, out of all the mentioned teams, I see him going to Miami. They desperately need a decent center...he'll get ample opportunity there.
                  Last edited by isaacthompson; Fri May 17, 2013, 05:40 PM.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

This is going to turn into Brandon Roy all over again.

Everyone gets all excited about his return, only to be disappointed when he bows out after 30 games.

I wouldn't touch Oden for anything more than a $10 contract.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                      I think he might, specially if its going around that among the teams that are most interested are the Heat and the Cavs.

I think there is still a mystery that surrounds Oden, of what he can actually do when given a clean bill of health. 3 years of rehabbing and conditioning may have done the trick. $2mil per year probably wont do it, of course he'd also want to cover his back incase he gets injured again. is the MLE $5 mil? That would probably do it. In case he gets injured again, at least $5 mil is not that big of a hit but if he does pan out, you potentially have the most promising backcourt since Duncan and Robinson.
                      I think you mean Frontcourt...

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        I believe he meant Inactive list...

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                          I believe he meant Inactive list...
                          lol cept only Oden would be inactive

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            hahaha thanks! corrected.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              This is going to turn into Brandon Roy all over again.

Everyone gets all excited about his return, only to be disappointed when he bows out after 30 games.

I wouldn't touch Oden for anything more than a $10 contract.
                              Could be. But the big difference tho is Roy came back after a year, Oden's been on the mend for 3 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X