Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Should we discuss Jerry Sloan in light of this weeks (in)action?

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter c_bcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Should we discuss Jerry Sloan in light of this weeks (in)action?

    Seems like TL has been shopping for new GM candidates:

    "Leiweke is not conducting the search for a possible replacement on his own; multiple NBA sources say MLSE has hired a head-hunting firm to whittle down a list of possible replacements," Smith wrote.

    Interesting.

    Also, looks like Jerry Sloan turned down the Bucks, but is interested in a return to coaching:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/92...ucks-job-agent

    So, if DC is gone due to BC's departure, new GM-guy has to make that call, right? Dunno if its so cut and dry. Re already tried Lenny Wilkens...ugh.... I don't know if I can work through another old-school coach trying to remake-it in the "new NBA".

    I personally would be in favour of keeping Casey. I think he's done a good enough job given the talent and the scrambled expectations of the head-office for the players he's been dealt.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If not Peter Jackson then Sloan, good work Leiweke. It looks like Peter Jackson's tenure as the future coach or GM of the Raptors are slim, there's a chance he might just sign with the Pistons as a scout or some other team like the Bobcats lol as a coach. So, if not Jackson, we can still go after Jerry Sloan.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,060
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    If not Peter Jackson then Sloan, good work Leiweke. It looks like Peter Jackson's tenure as the future coach or GM of the Raptors are slim, there's a chance he might just sign with the Pistons as a scout or some other team like the Bobcats lol as a coach. So, if not Jackson, we can still go after Jerry Sloan.
    Are you drunk again?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  4. Like d749 liked this post
  5. #4
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Are you drunk again?
    When isn't he drunk?
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  6. #5
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    oh and btw, I'm Chinese Mothafucka!
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  7. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    when i'm drunk i'm telling the truth, when i'm not drunk, i'm a fucken Chinese mothafucka trying to get into the field of Medicine.

  8. Like ReubenJRD, enlightenment liked this post
  9. #7
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    when i'm drunk i'm telling the truth, when i'm not drunk, i'm a fucken Chinese mothafucka trying to get into the field of Medicine.
    LOL. Made my day.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  10. #8
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If it isn't a CLEAR step up in terms of who is coaching, I am not for a sideways move. Jerry Sloan is a clear step up.

  11. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It makes sense though. With Peter Jackson as our next GM.. we can package Bargnani with DeRozan for a legit starting PF + a backup point guard and a 2nd round pick. Use the 2nd round pick to grab a big, perhaps undersized but burly C. And then amnesty Kleiza and sign a sharpshooting SG with the MLE. We'll have the following roster:

    C: Jonas Valanciunas, Aaron Gray, Gimli
    PF: Gandalf, Amir Johnson
    SF: Rudy Gay, Landry Fields
    SG: Legolas, Terrence Ross
    PG: Kyle Lowry, Frodo

    We won't win the NBA Championships but we do have the Ring to rule them all..
    your pal,
    ebrian

  12. Like footarez liked this post
  13. #10
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    It makes sense though. With Peter Jackson as our next GM.. we can package Bargnani with DeRozan for a legit starting PF + a backup point guard and a 2nd round pick. Use the 2nd round pick to grab a big, perhaps undersized but burly C. And then amnesty Kleiza and sign a sharpshooting SG with the MLE. We'll have the following roster:

    C: Jonas Valanciunas, Aaron Gray, Gimli
    PF: Gandalf, Amir Johnson
    SF: Rudy Gay, Landry Fields
    SG: Legolas, Terrence Ross
    PG: Kyle Lowry, Frodo

    We won't win the NBA Championships but we do have the Ring to rule them all..
    I thought these 2 were one and the same!


  14. #11
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We should start Harry potter at PG. Dudes got that magic thing going on
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  15. #12
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No, because Jerry Sloan is not coaching the Toronto Raptors next season. End of story.

    Sorry, just being realistic.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  16. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I doubt he comes to Toronto as well but why if he was president and coach? I was thinking let stephanski be gm and negotiate trades and moneys etc while Sloan gets complete roster make up, coaching control and final say in anything Stephanski does. I never heard of a situation like this and wondered if it was possible?

  17. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,066
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    wait... whose drunk?

  18. #15
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just being totally unrealistic and dreaming here, but...

    General Manager: Phil Jackson
    Head Coach: Jerry Sloan.

    Ah.

  19. #16
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    503
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If we could nab Pete Jackson and Jimmy Sloan that would be balls to the wall awesome, but it's really unrealistic, I would like Micheal Ujiri too, I like Steve van Gundy as a coaching candidate. But the pesimist in me keeps saying thwt we will stick with Byron Callangelo and D-Wade Casey

  20. Like NoPropsneeded liked this post
  21. #17
    Raptors Republic Starter c_bcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    well, this degenerated quickly.

  22. #18
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Vykis wrote: View Post
    If we could nab Pete Jackson and Jimmy Sloan that would be balls to the wall awesome, but it's really unrealistic, I would like Micheal Ujiri too, I like Steve van Gundy as a coaching candidate. But the pesimist in me keeps saying thwt we will stick with Byron Callangelo and D-Wade Casey
    I died
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  23. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    calmdownpussiesburg
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    awesome thread is awesome

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •