Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we discuss Jerry Sloan in light of this weeks (in)action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we discuss Jerry Sloan in light of this weeks (in)action?

Seems like TL has been shopping for new GM candidates:

"Leiweke is not conducting the search for a possible replacement on his own; multiple NBA sources say MLSE has hired a head-hunting firm to whittle down a list of possible replacements," Smith wrote.

Interesting.

Also, looks like Jerry Sloan turned down the Bucks, but is interested in a return to coaching:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/92...ucks-job-agent

So, if DC is gone due to BC's departure, new GM-guy has to make that call, right? Dunno if its so cut and dry. Re already tried Lenny Wilkens...ugh.... I don't know if I can work through another old-school coach trying to remake-it in the "new NBA".

I personally would be in favour of keeping Casey. I think he's done a good enough job given the talent and the scrambled expectations of the head-office for the players he's been dealt.
    Welp, that sucked.

If not Peter Jackson then Sloan, good work Leiweke. It looks like Peter Jackson's tenure as the future coach or GM of the Raptors are slim, there's a chance he might just sign with the Pistons as a scout or some other team like the Bobcats lol as a coach. So, if not Jackson, we can still go after Jerry Sloan.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
      If not Peter Jackson then Sloan, good work Leiweke. It looks like Peter Jackson's tenure as the future coach or GM of the Raptors are slim, there's a chance he might just sign with the Pistons as a scout or some other team like the Bobcats lol as a coach. So, if not Jackson, we can still go after Jerry Sloan.
      Are you drunk again?
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        Are you drunk again?
        When isn't he drunk?

Comment

oh and btw, I'm Chinese Mothafucka!

Comment

when i'm drunk i'm telling the truth, when i'm not drunk, i'm a fucken Chinese mothafucka trying to get into the field of Medicine.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
              when i'm drunk i'm telling the truth, when i'm not drunk, i'm a fucken Chinese mothafucka trying to get into the field of Medicine.
              LOL. Made my day.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

If it isn't a CLEAR step up in terms of who is coaching, I am not for a sideways move. Jerry Sloan is a clear step up.
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

It makes sense though. With Peter Jackson as our next GM.. we can package Bargnani with DeRozan for a legit starting PF + a backup point guard and a 2nd round pick. Use the 2nd round pick to grab a big, perhaps undersized but burly C. And then amnesty Kleiza and sign a sharpshooting SG with the MLE. We'll have the following roster:

C: Jonas Valanciunas, Aaron Gray, Gimli
                  PF: Gandalf, Amir Johnson
                  SF: Rudy Gay, Landry Fields
                  SG: Legolas, Terrence Ross
                  PG: Kyle Lowry, Frodo

We won't win the NBA Championships but we do have the Ring to rule them all..
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                    It makes sense though. With Peter Jackson as our next GM.. we can package Bargnani with DeRozan for a legit starting PF + a backup point guard and a 2nd round pick. Use the 2nd round pick to grab a big, perhaps undersized but burly C. And then amnesty Kleiza and sign a sharpshooting SG with the MLE. We'll have the following roster:

C: Jonas Valanciunas, Aaron Gray, Gimli
                    PF: Gandalf, Amir Johnson
                    SF: Rudy Gay, Landry Fields
                    SG: Legolas, Terrence Ross
                    PG: Kyle Lowry, Frodo

We won't win the NBA Championships but we do have the Ring to rule them all..
                    I thought these 2 were one and the same!

Comment

We should start Harry potter at PG. Dudes got that magic thing going on

Comment

No, because Jerry Sloan is not coaching the Toronto Raptors next season. End of story.

Sorry, just being realistic.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I doubt he comes to Toronto as well but why if he was president and coach? I was thinking let stephanski be gm and negotiate trades and moneys etc while Sloan gets complete roster make up, coaching control and final say in anything Stephanski does. I never heard of a situation like this and wondered if it was possible?

Comment

wait... whose drunk?

Comment

Just being totally unrealistic and dreaming here, but...

General Manager: Phil Jackson
                              Head Coach: Jerry Sloan.

Ah.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                              X