View Poll Results: Who do you think will be next GM of the Toronto Raptors?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phil Jackson

2 4.55%
  • Masai Ujiri

23 52.27%
  • Kevin Pritchard

6 13.64%
  • Troy Weaver

6 13.64%
  • David Morway

1 2.27%
  • Ed Stefanski

5 11.36%
  • Other (please name names)

1 2.27%
Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Call me crazy but i'd rather build around Gay than Melo.
    how about neither of them?

Post Thanks / Like

Also basically every nonplayoff team is trying to fish Weaver from OKC, heh.

Post Thanks / Like

I was watching the simulcast of Tim and Sid and Tim said and i'm paraphrasing "half the fan base is going to be upset either way, whether you let Colangelo go or pick up his option. It's just a question of if you do let him go is there someone who is more qualified than a guy with two exec. of the year awards?" He was basically saying you might as well pick-up the option because there's nothing that will or can be done this upcoming year..

It was yesterday's,though. So, it's possible I'm forgetting something.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryan Wolstat
    ‏@WolstatSun
    All signs point to Bryan Colangelo being in his final days with the Raptors. Story should be up soon.
    Fresh from twitter.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Fresh from twitter.
    A small tear just formed in my eye...this better happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news.

Sounds like Tim and mlse are no longer drinking the Kool-aid. Bryan over spiked the punch and no one wants to touch it. Dare I dream change?

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fresh from twitter.
    !!!!

-------

Post Thanks / Like

Fresh from twitter.
    His smooth talking days at manipulating the fans and media ar coming to an end finally...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Great news.

Sounds like Tim and mlse are no longer drinking the Kool-aid. Bryan over spiked the punch and no one wants to touch it. Dare I dream change?
    Good day for raptor fans Matt. I will be interested if Casey's style changes .

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    I was watching the simulcast of Tim and Sid and Tim said and i'm paraphrasing "half the fan base is going to be upset either way, whether you let Colangelo go or pick up his option. It's just a question of if you do let him go is there someone who is more qualified than a guy with two exec. of the year awards?" He was basically saying you might as well pick-up the option because there's nothing that will or can be done this upcoming year..
    But there is. In fact there could be a ton to do if the team is willing to change its perspective on where its going and where it wants to end up.

Rather if the organization retains Colangelo, then it ensures that nothing can be done this year.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    If Colangelo gets fired, the Raptors will likely end up in a similar situation as the Leafs - as it was essentially Burke's team that made the playoffs and is seen as a few moves away from being 'there' and getting nothing but better over the next couple of years.
    Only Burke's replacement Nonis is not bad.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    Only Burke's replacement Nonis is not bad.
    I'd imagine whoever replaces Colangelo won't be "bad" either.
    Regardless of that fact, the team that will be trotted out next year, will be, for the most part, as assembled by BC.

Unless of course the talented core we've assembled is.. disassembled.

None of this should be seen as an endorsement or in defense of BC.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I'd imagine whoever replaces Colangelo won't be "bad" either.
    I hope you're right but Basketball is a different 'ball game'. Again, I sincerely hope you're right.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic Starter connected's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You could put up a good argument that Rudy Gay is better than Melo. Besides scoring there is nothing Melo is better at than Rudy, plus he's a shit defender
    That scoring element is huge though. If Gay can improve his shot (quite a bit) especially his 3pt shot to open up the floor then the argument could definitely be made.

Building that team is another story -- Grunwald (we shouldn't have let him go) seems to understand the importance of the 3pt variance. Melo a good 3pt shooter is surrounded by great 3pt shooters Novak (had a better 3pt% than fg%), Prigioni, Copeland, Shumpert
    Last edited by connected; Sat May 18th, 2013 at 09:11 AM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Frustrating as it has been to check RR a couple times a day for news in the past week, I love the fact that Leiweke is not being rushed on this. If, in the end, he retains Colangelo then I would be behind the decision - he knows more about this sort of thing than the casual and even the rabid fan. I hope he doesn't retain him, but I'm just a fan.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You could put up a good argument that Rudy Gay is better than Melo. Besides scoring there is nothing Melo is better at than Rudy, plus he's a shit defender
    Actually, atleast from a statistical standpoint, Melo does nearly everything better than Gay except creating steals and blocks.

This includes raw per game, per 36 and %.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ayru01&y2=2013

Melo may not be a good defender, but I wouldn't call him a 'shit' defender either. He got that reputation in Denver under a coach (George Karl) who hasn't been known his emphasis on defense since his days in Seattle (and having Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp likely helped out quite a bit). That said, he's not going to be considered for a DPOY award any time soon either.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Casey is not head coach I hope he's around as ast now is a good time to make a run at Jerry Sloan I can see him wanting to coach this young talented team.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors targeting Nuggets GM Masai Ujiri to run organization

According to ADRIAN WOJNAROWSKI

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment is pursuing Denver Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri to take over as the top basketball executive of the Toronto Raptors, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Masai, the 2013 NBA Executive of the Year, has emerged as the top choice of the search firm Korn/Ferry International that's been charged with finding a successor to Raptors president Bryan Colangelo, league sources said.
    MLSE has until Monday to make a decision on Colangelo's contract option for next year. It is possible that he could stay with the franchise under a new top basketball official.

Ujiri's contract as Denver's general manager expires this summer and he has been in talks with ownership on an extension. Ujiri, 42, has a strong bond with Nuggets CEO Josh Kroenke but new MLSE top executive, Tim Leiweke, has expressed a desire to make a serious financial and organizational commitment to an elite executive to turn around the franchise.
    Source - Click here for more

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope this happens. His contract is up, he's underpaid. He cut his teeth here and has shown to be one of the best talent evaluators. He knows this roster fairly well, so I think what Leiweke would offer will be intriguing to him
    Ball Don't Lie

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently they're targeting Masai Ujiri. Although unlikely, that'd be unreal!

Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information