Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Perfect Fit for Bosh?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Rookie Fanchie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    182
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Perfect Fit for Bosh?

    Quick question for you all : which non-all star player would you consider as the perfect addition to CB4, not taking cap space into account ? Like the one that would make him (even) better ?

  2. #2
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Welcome to RR Fachie.

    Good question too. Considering our clear weakness is still the SG spot, a healthy Raja Bell would be appealing to me. Not really sure what other non-All-Star guys would be a fit for Bosh and the Raptors. Bell's tenacious perimeter defense and knack for hitting the clutch shot makes him pretty valuable to me if we were able to acquire his services.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    1,670
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Welcome to RR Fachie.

    Good question too. Considering our clear weakness is still the SG spot, a healthy Raja Bell would be appealing to me. Not really sure what other non-All-Star guys would be a fit for Bosh and the Raptors. Bell's tenacious perimeter defense and knack for hitting the clutch shot makes him pretty valuable to me if we were able to acquire his services.
    huh? bell? are we talking about bell from right now, or bell from '05? even then, it's a stretch to think a guy like bell would make bosh all that much better. i mean, bosh is pretty damn good now, so wouldn't it take an over-the-top kind of player to get much more out of him? or a guy who brings a special/unique skill-set or mentality?

    shit, i'd think that there are two guys just on the warriors roster that would help make bosh 'better' - curry & ellis - just in terms of their ability to knock down shAts & spread the floor. i mean, do you dare double down on bosh when you have curry running around capable of nailing anything from inside 30-feet?

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Rookie Jive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Welcome to RR

    I'll go with the easy answer: Shane Battier

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Shane Battier, Bell and Ron Ron

    these a good defensive players

  6. #6
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    A lights out shooter at the 2 or 3 who can defend. Not easy to come by but that's what the Raps need to get to that next level I think.

    @ Jive Yeah you can't go wrong with Battier. Veteran with playoff experience, can knock down the three, and his defensive abilities don't even need to be mentioned.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Rookie Jive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not to mention all the possible pictures of them having the same celebratory expression after a win/bucket/casual dinner.


  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,914
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would love it if they went after Monta in the off-season. If there was a chance we could sign a guy like Camby(defense first center), I'd give up Bargs and possibly DeRozan to get him. But that's for another forum and another time I suppose...
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    I would love it if they went after Monta in the off-season. If there was a chance we could sign a guy like Camby(defense first center), I'd give up Bargs and possibly DeRozan to get him. But that's for another forum and another time I suppose...
    Monta.... even though he is an undersize SG... he is a turnover-prone with defense liability...

    I would like to sign Camby but letting go our second option scorer is crazy talk and also DeRozen is a prospect SG and Camby is old but still have something on the tank for the SHORT TERM.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,914
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Faithleader wrote: View Post
    Monta.... even though he is an undersize SG... he is a turnover-prone with defense liability...

    I would like to sign Camby but letting go our second option scorer is crazy talk and also DeRozen is a prospect SG and Camby is old but still have something on the tank for the SHORT TERM.
    Ellis is actually an upgrade in scoring. He's usually among the leaders in steals as well, 2.19 this year. I know it's never going to happen and I want to keep the team as is, but that would be a nice lineup in my opinion. Camby is a FA this off-season I believe, it'd be nice to have him finish where he started!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Faithleader wrote: View Post
    Monta.... even though he is an undersize SG... he is a turnover-prone with defense liability...
    I would like to sign Camby but letting go our second option scorer is crazy talk and also DeRozen is a prospect SG and Camby is old but still have something on the tank for the SHORT TERM.
    no,no,no. btw, to answer the question: steve nash

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    I would love it if they went after Monta in the off-season. If there was a chance we could sign a guy like Camby(defense first center), I'd give up Bargs and possibly DeRozan to get him. But that's for another forum and another time I suppose...
    You'd give up Bargnani and DeRozan for a 35 year old center? Are you nuts? While you're at it, why not also trade for Nash (as someone else suggested), Michael Finley and Peja Stojakovic and go all out this year, while screwing the future of a team where the franchise player is only 25 years old.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,914
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TIm W. wrote: View Post
    You'd give up Bargnani and DeRozan for a 35 year old center? Are you nuts? While you're at it, why not also trade for Nash (as someone else suggested), Michael Finley and Peja Stojakovic and go all out this year, while screwing the future of a team where the franchise player is only 25 years old.
    No, for Monta Ellis. If there was a chance I could get Camby as the new center. It was just a lineup I'd like to have. Jack, Ellis, Hedo, Bosh, Camby. They'd be defensively challenged but they'd have that shot blocker to back them up at the rim. I know it'd never happen, and I don't want it to happen, but it would be nice for a season. It's just hypothetically speaking... But I do wanna sign Camby in the off-season.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Etobicoke
    Posts
    981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Rudy Gay, Gerald Wallace, Vince Carter

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Rookie Jive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Marz wrote: View Post
    Rudy Gay, Gerald Wallace, Vince Carter
    "..which non-all star player.."

  16. #16
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Tyreke Evans, Manu Ginobili, O.J. Mayo?

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    884
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Varejao

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •