Perfect Fit for Bosh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Fit for Bosh?

Quick question for you all : which non-all star player would you consider as the perfect addition to CB4, not taking cap space into account ? Like the one that would make him (even) better ?

Welcome to RR Fachie.

Good question too. Considering our clear weakness is still the SG spot, a healthy Raja Bell would be appealing to me. Not really sure what other non-All-Star guys would be a fit for Bosh and the Raptors. Bell's tenacious perimeter defense and knack for hitting the clutch shot makes him pretty valuable to me if we were able to acquire his services.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      Welcome to RR Fachie.

Good question too. Considering our clear weakness is still the SG spot, a healthy Raja Bell would be appealing to me. Not really sure what other non-All-Star guys would be a fit for Bosh and the Raptors. Bell's tenacious perimeter defense and knack for hitting the clutch shot makes him pretty valuable to me if we were able to acquire his services.
      huh? bell? are we talking about bell from right now, or bell from '05? even then, it's a stretch to think a guy like bell would make bosh all that much better. i mean, bosh is pretty damn good now, so wouldn't it take an over-the-top kind of player to get much more out of him? or a guy who brings a special/unique skill-set or mentality?

shit, i'd think that there are two guys just on the warriors roster that would help make bosh 'better' - curry & ellis - just in terms of their ability to knock down shAts & spread the floor. i mean, do you dare double down on bosh when you have curry running around capable of nailing anything from inside 30-feet?
      TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Welcome to RR

I'll go with the easy answer: Shane Battier

Comment

Shane Battier, Bell and Ron Ron

these a good defensive players

Comment

A lights out shooter at the 2 or 3 who can defend. Not easy to come by but that's what the Raps need to get to that next level I think.

@ Jive Yeah you can't go wrong with Battier. Veteran with playoff experience, can knock down the three, and his defensive abilities don't even need to be mentioned.

Comment

Not to mention all the possible pictures of them having the same celebratory expression after a win/bucket/casual dinner.

Comment

I would love it if they went after Monta in the off-season. If there was a chance we could sign a guy like Camby(defense first center), I'd give up Bargs and possibly DeRozan to get him. But that's for another forum and another time I suppose...

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                  I would love it if they went after Monta in the off-season. If there was a chance we could sign a guy like Camby(defense first center), I'd give up Bargs and possibly DeRozan to get him. But that's for another forum and another time I suppose...
                  Monta.... even though he is an undersize SG... he is a turnover-prone with defense liability...

I would like to sign Camby but letting go our second option scorer is crazy talk and also DeRozen is a prospect SG and Camby is old but still have something on the tank for the SHORT TERM.

Comment

Rudy Gay, Gerald Wallace, Vince Carter

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                      Rudy Gay, Gerald Wallace, Vince Carter
                      "..which non-all star player.."

Comment

Faithleader wrote: View Post
                        Monta.... even though he is an undersize SG... he is a turnover-prone with defense liability...

I would like to sign Camby but letting go our second option scorer is crazy talk and also DeRozen is a prospect SG and Camby is old but still have something on the tank for the SHORT TERM.
                        Ellis is actually an upgrade in scoring. He's usually among the leaders in steals as well, 2.19 this year. I know it's never going to happen and I want to keep the team as is, but that would be a nice lineup in my opinion. Camby is a FA this off-season I believe, it'd be nice to have him finish where he started!

Comment

You'd give up Bargnani and DeRozan for a 35 year old center? Are you nuts? While you're at it, why not also trade for Nash (as someone else suggested), Michael Finley and Peja Stojakovic and go all out this year, while screwing the future of a team where the franchise player is only 25 years old.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
                            You'd give up Bargnani and DeRozan for a 35 year old center? Are you nuts? While you're at it, why not also trade for Nash (as someone else suggested), Michael Finley and Peja Stojakovic and go all out this year, while screwing the future of a team where the franchise player is only 25 years old.
                            No, for Monta Ellis. If there was a chance I could get Camby as the new center. It was just a lineup I'd like to have. Jack, Ellis, Hedo, Bosh, Camby. They'd be defensively challenged but they'd have that shot blocker to back them up at the rim. I know it'd never happen, and I don't want it to happen, but it would be nice for a season. It's just hypothetically speaking... But I do wanna sign Camby in the off-season.

Comment

No, for Monta Ellis. If there was a chance I could get Camby as the new center. It was just a lineup I'd like to have. Jack, Ellis, Hedo, Bosh, Camby. They'd be defensively challenged but they'd have that shot blocker to back them up at the rim. I know it'd never happen, and I don't want it to happen, but it would be nice for a season. It's just hypothetically speaking... But I do wanna sign Camby in the off-season.
                              Then just look at how effective Golden State is - all offense, and no defense, even though they also have a shot blocker to back them up at the rim - Biedrins.
                              http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

Working...
                              X