Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Lotto time!

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Will the draft lottery be televised?
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a link up for the lottery on first row sports.

http://www.firstrow1.eu/sport/basketball.html

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    So I know we have a 0.7 chance of winning the lottery. If there was ever chance for the raptors to win into the top 3 it would be the weakest draft in years. My question fur y'all if we did who would you pick with 1, 2 and 3 pick.

With 1 pick I would have to go with Noel. A front court of him and JV is just too tempting for me. I know his injuries and weighted in at 206 lbs but, he has the most potential. I feel like are team is in position to wait for him. We really don't need a productive rookie this year. He could take the whole year off a la Derrick Rose.

For the other 2 picks I would go with Victor Oladipo. I have developed a serious man crush on this dude. I'm a huge DD support so you know it would take a lot for me to support a would be successor of his. I just feel like he would be a perfect fit next to Rudy. Hands down the best defensive player in this draft. His motor doesn't stop and be has a crazy work ethic. Really smart got his degree in three years. Did I mention that his an athletic freak! Measure out 6'4.25" in shoes with a 6'9.25" and a 42 inch max vert. He got better every year in college. At worst he will be Tony Allen but, he is currently already a better offensively player that TA. I know it's crazy for the raptors to draft another wing player but, with a new GM I can see him taking care of our wings issue. There is just too much money there and to many assets not to use them. I'm done with my rant.

Can some tell if any team has ever won the lottery with a 0.7 chance or less?
    If the Raptors won the first pick in the draft I would probably trade down to the second or third pick and go with McLemore. His shooting ability is sorely needed on the Raptors and he theoretically should compliment Gay better than both DeRozan and Oladipo.

If we were picking based on potential only and not based on need then I would go with Noel first, and then either Oladipo or McLemore. I get this feeling though that the best player in this draft may not even be from the top 5.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So BC, despite being removed from basketball side of things, is still representing the club at the draft lottery....What the hell...?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that has to be pretty embarassing for him with news out, of him being releived of GM duties? I'm surprised they didn't go with Casey or Amir or just about anyone else to save him the indiginity. At times like this I wonder what the message MLSE is sending to fans and the rest of the league.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Yeah, that has to be pretty embarassing for him with news out, of him being releived of GM duties? I'm surprised they didn't go with Casey or Amir or just about anyone else to save him the indiginity. At times like this I wonder what the message MLSE is sending to fans and the rest of the league.
    Yeah...shaking my head because of that....

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hes not GM but hes still with MLSE not embarrassing in my opinion BC is still stacking cash lol. BCs current contract wasnt picked up or extended he isnt officially out of the GM seat till June 30th right?

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If the Raptors won the first pick in the draft I would probably trade down to the second or third pick and go with McLemore. His shooting ability is sorely needed on the Raptors and he theoretically should compliment Gay better than both DeRozan and Oladipo.

If we were picking based on potential only and not based on need then I would go with Noel first, and then either Oladipo or McLemore. I get this feeling though that the best player in this draft may not even be from the top 5.
    How can you explains drafting another 2 guard? Yes McLemore is a good shooter but, you could argue that the only thing he does better. I think the last thing we need is another rookie on the wing. I'm actually starting to hope that we don't win lotto now. If we do I hope we take Bennett. His the most NBA ready player but, I wonder if being a top3 pick in his hometown would be too much for the kid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Hes not GM but hes still with MLSE not embarrassing in my opinion BC is still stacking cash lol. BCs current contract wasnt picked up or extended he isnt officially out of the GM seat till June 30th right?
    True, it's called being professional. If BC is one thing it's professional.

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone else absolutely terrified that we'll "win" a top 3 pick?
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Rookie Fanchie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I am. A very tiny (and stupid) part of me still believes that a crazy scenario will give us the #1 pick next year, ala Chicago with Rose. Mediocre season leaving us out of the playoffs but with a microscopic chance of winning the lottery. And then BOOM, home kid "magically" lands in Toronto.

This scenario goes to the trash tonight if we move up to one of the first 3 picks : the NBA won't rig the whole thing twice for us.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    A top 3 pick would be fantastic any year. Seriously, a top three pick this year should trump a likely mid first round pick next year, that is assuming the new GM does not blow it up.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Will the draft lottery be televised?
    It always is
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We need NBA to rig it and give toronto a top 3 pick they cost us the playoffs come on pay back time........

Post Thanks / Like

I would GLADLY lose a draft pick this year over missing out on one in the next few years. A top 3 pick this year probably wouldn't even be in the lotto next year.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fanchie wrote: View Post
    I am. A very tiny (and stupid) part of me still believes that a crazy scenario will give us the #1 pick next year, ala Chicago with Rose. Mediocre season leaving us out of the playoffs but with a microscopic chance of winning the lottery. And then BOOM, home kid "magically" lands in Toronto.

This scenario goes to the trash tonight if we move up to one of the first 3 picks : the NBA won't rig the whole thing twice for us.
    It's funny that the hometown kid was invited to the lottery last minute yesterday lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    How can you explains drafting another 2 guard? Yes McLemore is a good shooter but, you could argue that the only thing he does better. I think the last thing we need is another rookie on the wing. I'm actually starting to hope that we don't win lotto now. If we do I hope we take Bennett. His the most NBA ready player but, I wonder if being a top3 pick in his hometown would be too much for the kid.
    Simply, McLemore should theoretically compliment Gay better than DeMar would. If McLemore can play a Klay Thompson role and be a knockdown shooter then we may have more options on ofense. Right now it's a lot of iso plays with Gay and DD and they have nobody to kick it out to. Also that means DD becomes a more tradable asset which may help us if can package he and Bargnani to land Gasol or another PF.

The second bolded comment doesn't make much sense to me since anyone we draft would be a rookie. I think if I had a choice of having a rookie at the front court or back court I would go with the back court since the front court players are relied on so heavily for defense. Also, JV only has one year under his belt so would you prefer to have to unexperienced bigs in the front court?

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mclemore is no better than T Ross. Dude choked so hard during march madness
    He tried comparing himself to Ray Allen, Dude isn't even close to Ray Allen in terms of shooting ablity
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Simply, McLemore should theoretically compliment Gay better than DeMar would. If McLemore can play a Klay Thompson role and be a knockdown shooter then we may have more options on ofense. Right now it's a lot of iso plays with Gay and DD and they have nobody to kick it out to. Also that means DD becomes a more tradable asset which may help us if can package he and Bargnani to land Gasol or another PF.

The second bolded comment doesn't make much sense to me since anyone we draft would be a rookie. I think if I had a choice of having a rookie at the front court or back court I would go with the back court since the front court players are relied on so heavily for defense. Also, JV only has one year under his belt so would you prefer to have to unexperienced bigs in the front court?
    I would rather a more NBA ready player. The consensus is that Bennett is the most NBA ready player. I just would want a rookie in the most dangerous position in the league.

Post Thanks / Like

Bennett might have the strength and jump shot to be NBA ready, but he's absolutely lost on defense. I like him, but i wouldn't want to draft him.

As far as "NBA ready" goes, i'd say Mclemore, Muhhammad and Porter are the best. I'd roll with any of those dudes.

edit: i pray we don't win a top 3 pick tho
    @jerboat

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information