View Poll Results: Should the Raptors change their name?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    19 30.65%
  • No

    43 69.35%
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 514

Thread: Raptors Re-Branding: Name Change?

  1. #141
    Raptors Republic Rookie RAPTORNATION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Am I the only one who wants the name to be beavers?

  2. #142
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RAPTORNATION wrote: View Post
    Am I the only one who wants the name to be beavers?
    yes

  3. #143
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Mammoths is pretty cool, sounds tough.

  4. #144
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Since nobody seems to wanna take the Canadian rout I guess no one's down for 'the Ontario Lumberjacks', eh? Lumberjacks are big dudes, like NBA players.

  5. #145
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,442
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Toronto Raptors.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  6. #146
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,872
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ross just posted a picture of the project 34 look on Instagram. Nice to see that dude getting some exposure.

  7. #147
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://instagram.com/p/ZvYQOXJHWD/

    they are pretty slick

  8. #148
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default





    http://projectthirtyfour.blog.com/20...ronto-raptors/


    I'd love to see the Raptors use that.

  9. #149
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    the logo is awesome

  10. #150
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,836
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The project34 jerseys are a really cool style, but I wouldn't mind seeing some more colour sprinkled in...doesn't even have to be red.

    Actually...other than not really liking the name, I really don't like that they totally switched to red as their main colour. It's definitely nice to see the purple dinosaur logo long gone, but I didn't mind having purple in the jerseys. Now I'm not saying we have to go back to purple (and I'd kind of hate to use blue), but really wouldn't mind changing red, or adding another colour to the scheme to shake things up.

  11. #151
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    The project34 jerseys are a really cool style, but I wouldn't mind seeing some more colour sprinkled in...doesn't even have to be red.

    Actually...other than not really liking the name, I really don't like that they totally switched to red as their main colour. It's definitely nice to see the purple dinosaur logo long gone, but I didn't mind having purple in the jerseys. Now I'm not saying we have to go back to purple (and I'd kind of hate to use blue), but really wouldn't mind changing red, or adding another colour to the scheme to shake things up.
    How about a combination of purple and blue? I don't think there's ever been a team in the history of professional sports to use that colour scheme (which is good) and it looks much better than purple and and red in my opinion.

    Also our jerseys will look like the colour of bruises, and if that isn't badass then I don't know what is.

    EDIT: just popped into my head, how about the Toronto Bruisers?

  12. #152
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,061
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Love the project34 ones, particularly the way the very small streaks of red look like battle scars. Also really like the type - the way there's slight undercut under the top left serifs is subtle but distinctive.

    My only issue with them is that with the home numbers, it might be a little tough to read the white-on-white numbers. The Heat have done white-on-white numbers, but with a really thick black outline.

  13. #153
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,836
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    How about a combination of purple and blue? I don't think there's ever been a team in the history of professional sports to use that colour scheme (which is good) and it looks much better than purple and and red in my opinion.

    Also our jerseys will look like the colour of bruises, and if that isn't badass then I don't know what is.

    EDIT: just popped into my head, how about the Toronto Bruisers?
    As long as they don't make it just white and blue. I'm against blue because I fear it will influence them to design it like the other TO teams. I would be interested to see the blue/purple thing...or even blue/red. I don't know. Again, just not blue and white.

  14. #154
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,442
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The logo is SICK. Love the jerseys as well except the colors. Change it from black to red. They're "Canada's Team" so IMO they should stick to the color red. But yeah really love the logo...email this to Leiweke now

    Btw, my only real complaint here is that i'm not a fan of the tank top jerseys. Hate it.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  15. #155
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    The logo is SICK. Love the jerseys as well except the colors. Change it from black to red. They're "Canada's Team" so IMO they should stick to the color red. But yeah really love the logo...email this to Leiweke now

    Btw, my only real complaint here is that i'm not a fan of the tank top jerseys. Hate it.
    People already know it's Canada's team. But yeah, I think with this design a red alternate uniform would look pretty sick actually. I like the black a lot too though.

  16. #156
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    bring back the purple and black jerseys and modify the letters and numbers

  17. #157
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    People already know it's Canada's team. But yeah, I think with this design a red alternate uniform would look pretty sick actually. I like the black a lot too though.
    this is what bothers me. everyone knows this is canada's team, so why focus on it so much? the only thing that will make the Raptors more popular in Canada is winning, not emphasizing that this is "canada's team".

  18. #158
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What is meant by "its Canada's team and we have to start acting like it"-Leiweke I interpreted as play with pride cause the Raptors represent the entire country not the what the jerseys colors were lol.

  19. #159
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default No uniform changes on the way

    @RiyazH14 No plans for new uniforms that I am aware. That process would have needed to be started well before now.
    https://twitter.com/RaptorsMR/status/338441011732832256

  20. #160
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,872
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Fudge

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •