No announcement yet.

Raptors Re-Branding: Name Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a name with some tradition attached to it?

The Toronto Metro Croatia

Comment

What about the Toronto Multiculturalists? Seems fitting.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Toronto Crack Pipes.

Comment

I am hoping to keep the name. It may be a bit silly, but it is so unique. I am all for possibly changing the uniforms, logo, etc.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
            I am hoping to keep the name. It may be a bit silly, but it is so unique. I am all for possibly changing the uniforms, logo, etc.
            You're probably right on both counts.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
              Toronto Crack Pipes.
              Rob Ford for GM!

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't want to change the "Raptors" as our team name. As much as we have more or less failed as an organization, we have a strong fan base that supports the Raptors. The name is unique, it rolls off the tongue easily & it's the name I have been accustomed to since I became a fan of the team.

They can do what they want with color schemes, uniforms, court, etc. Just leave the name alone.
                “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

I personally get annoyed with this constant whining from a small portion of the fan base- the name is fine. Want a colour scheme change? Ah fine-though i'm fine with red/black/white.
                  Anyone suggesting changing it to huskies take a hint-its a awful idea. Huskies is far more generic name, and would place it right up there with Bobcats & Pelicans as the worse named team in the NBA.

The rebranding talk is just to try to appeal to the national audience, in which the Raptors as Canada's only current NBA team have a unique opportunity to appeal to.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post

We got rid of the old logo and brought in the claws, things are fine, it is teh marketing that needs a revamp.
                    I think it is the on court product that needs a revamp

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      I should probably take time to think about this first but has any team in the modern era (ie not the St Pats to Maple Leafs) changed their name drastically without moving cities? Supersonics to sonics....not much. Oh wait...Pelicans. There you go. Didn't have to go too far back. Welcome to your Canada Huskies. At least Huskies still have claws. I don't have to rebrand.
                      The awesome Bullets changed to the terrible Wizards. The awesome Hornets changed to the terrible Pelicans. I am scared as hell of changing our team name. Stick with Raptors. I'm fine with some new jersey's though. I still rock the original with the giant dinosaur on the front. The current ones are just so bland to me. I don't wear basketball jerseys very often so I want something that sticks out, not something that could pass for a YMCA team uniform.

Comment

Hornets changed their name to Pelicans
                        Bobcats changed their name to Hornets
                        Raptors change their name to Bobcats?

...not a serious comment, don't kill me

Comment

Why you don't like Raptors name? It's kinda cool.

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                          ...not a serious comment, don't kill me
                          OK

---------

Comment

The Toronto Robbies

In honour of our great mayor.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                              Toronto Huskies or nothing
                              +1 huskies or leave it. raptors is already the best animal although the Toronto diplodocuses sounds nice too.

Comment

It's huskies or nothing.

You don't build a brand off of Toronto Robbies.

Comment

Working...
                                X