Raptors Re-Branding: Name Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Sorry Amir. But that jersey is ugly as shit.
    I get the sense that you guys dont like anything that brings back the dinosaur..thats why you shun those sharp looking jerseys
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
      I get the sense that you guys dont like anything that brings back the dinosaur..thats why you shun those sharp looking jerseys
      Yeah maybe... but they really are ugly as shit so... that also might be why.
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        Yeah maybe... but they really are ugly as shit so... that also might be why.
        How are they ugly as shit?
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• I like the Huskies jerseys for their simplicity, colors and fonts, just put the Raptors name in place of Huskies.

Comment

How are they ugly as shit?
            Boring letter design
            Random pin stripe through the middle
            Two cartoon dinosaur heads emerging out of a T you can barely see

Comment

• Its not a random pin stripe. Its what ties it all together.."cartoon dinosaur" this is a non-argument since no one has ever seen a real dinosaur..

"Can hardly see the "T" " Nit picking much? I see it just fine..

Letter Design? Really? It looks the same as the other 29 teams to me..do you want it to be bubble letters or something?

Comment

• I like the move to blue and white, I also like calling ourselves the huskies, there were tons of cool/fierce logos for the husky.

Basically, blue + white officially becomes the Toronto colours... Maple leafs, Blue jays, Argos, and now Huskies, Huskies reverts our name from a blockbuster movie in the 90s' to our heritage as one of the oldest basketball cities. And anything beats those all black jerseys..
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                  Well now its your chance to show them up: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2013/...-to-game-fame/
                  When i win. Can i get an old school purple Vince Carter jersey instead??
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Its not a random pin stripe. Its what ties it all together.."cartoon dinosaur" this is a non-argument since no one has ever seen a real dinosaur..

"Can hardly see the "T" " Nit picking much? I see it just fine..

Letter Design? Really? It looks the same as the other 29 teams to me..do you want it to be bubble letters or something?
                    It's an ugly place to put the pin stripe.

You can make dinosaurs look more realistic than that.

No I'm not nit picking, I didn't even notice the T until I looked closely because part of it is blending in with the rest of the jersey. You can't put black letters on a black jersey.

And as for the lettering, I find it way to plain. There are definitely a lot of teams with way better font than that. And should't we try to be better than the other teams and not just the same anyways?

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                      It's an ugly place to put the pin stripe.

You can make dinosaurs look more realistic than that.

No I'm not nit picking, I didn't even notice the T until I looked closely because part of it is blending in with the rest of the jersey. You can't put black letters on a black jersey.

And as for the lettering, I find it way to plain. There are definitely a lot of teams with way better font than that. And should't we try to be better than the other teams and not just the same anyways?
                      Its white letters..and its supposed to blend.

Comment

• Regardless of the silly origin of the name, I hope they keep it over anything I've seen as suggestions, besides I like the claw logo that beats the hell out of any "Huskies" logo I've seen. Maybe a little re-tooling of the uniforms, but keep it simple.

Comment

• Name change is so unnecessary. The Toronto Raptors is a fine name, why change the damn name? If you want to change something, jerseys sure. But the name? NO!

Comment

• It would be interesting if they went back to Huskies. Rudy's name on Instagram is Huskie4lyfe
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• personally i would never buy the jersey.. (if it has the two headed cartoon on it)
                              ive changed my mind, i'd love to stick with the old logo and maybe bring back the purple.
                              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• Dino from The Flinstones is a cartoon dinosaur..those two skulls do not look reminiscent of Dino..

Comment

Working...
                                X