No announcement yet.

Raptors Re-Branding: Name Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I voted to keep the name. Just maybe change the design to something cooler. The claw isn't too bad imo. When you compare it to the pelicans or spurs..I mean who wears a spur on ther jersey?....Raptors isn't such a bad name.

Comment

• i don't really care just make the unis look cool and come up with a better symbol
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        That's still history. There is a reason Raptors wear them on throwback night. If they had great history then they never would have been out of the NBA and we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now. It's not like the name Raptors has a great history, it's actually a pretty depressing and embarrassing history. We have a name reminiscent of the Mighty Ducks, a poorly thought out name based on a popular movie at the time and geared towards children.

Another possible team name could be the Imperials. That was a CFL team name way back in the day from Sarnia. Sounds a lot better than Raptors to me. Again just spitballing.
        lmao. they wear the huskies uniform to sell tickets and merch to misguided people like you

Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
          lmao. they wear the huskies uniform to sell tickets and merch to misguided people like you
          What exactly do you think the point of rebranding is? It's to sell tickets and merch. So thanks for agreeing with me that a rebranding would result in increased ticket and merch sales.

Comment

• If they want a new brand for this franchise, then I suggest the "Raptors that actual win games" cause that is the only branding I care about. Changing the name does nothing but give people reason to question the team (if I've cheer for the Raptors since '95, do I want to cheer for the Huskies or Honkies or whatever stupid generic name MLSE spits out).

Also, I think it is idiotic to change the colours to blue and white, regardless of the team name. This isn't the Toronto Maple Leafs. If you want to brand as Canada's team, then blue makes no sense. Red and white are the only colours on the flag, which coincidently are the colours on the team's jerseys now.

#SaveTheRaptors
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Huskies wrote: View Post
              God awful. You must be a Leafs fan

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• This Canada's team thing is crap.. I know that's what MLSE will want because it will make them richer. I would prefer that they go blue because that's what Toronto teams do.

It's easier to identify a team by the city (or state if it's a small state) they play in. I couldn't see myself looking at the Raptors as Canada's team.. Canada's team is going to be coached by Triano and I hope they have success, but why identify the Raptors as a national team? They are not the Canadian Raptors.. they are the TORONTO Raptors.

The Blue Jays, Leafs, Argos all wear blue.. therefore I would prefer the team colours be blue and white and not red and white.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  This Canada's team thing is crap.. I know that's what MLSE will want because it will make them richer. I would prefer that they go blue because that's what Toronto teams do.

It's easier to identify a team by the city (or state if it's a small state) they play in. I couldn't see myself looking at the Raptors as Canada's team.. Canada's team is going to be coached by Triano and I hope they have success, but why identify the Raptors as a national team? They are not the Canadian Raptors.. they are the TORONTO Raptors.

The Blue Jays, Leafs, Argos all wear blue.. therefore I would prefer the team colours be blue and white and not red and white.
                  So why do the Raptors have to be blue? To follow all the great success of the Leafs and Jays? The Raptors are their own entity and need their own identity, lumping them in with all the other mediocre Toronto sports teams isn't going to help them become a winning brand.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    So why do the Raptors have to be blue? To follow all the great success of the Leafs and Jays? The Raptors are their own entity and need their own identity, lumping them in with all the other mediocre Toronto sports teams isn't going to help them become a winning brand.
                    But the colour on the uniform is not going to help create a winning culture.. so why change it at all?

Branding is for marketing.. If I wanted the Raptors to make a sh!t load of money then I'd consider changing everything to try and get other people into the product too.

But I personally identify a team with the city they play in.. and when I think of Toronto sports I think the colour blue.

Comment

• I'd stay away from blue as well. In a weird way, it would reinforce the idea that the Raptors are the Maple Leafs' little sister.

Comment

• The Yankees and Knicks both have blue but the blues are different.. I think it can still work such that the blue the Raptors wear is a different shade then the Leafs - just to create some separation.

However I would still prefer blue over red, green, purple, yellow, orange, black, etc.

Comment

• Huskies wrote: View Post
                          No offense. But that's an awful looking jersey. And the logo? yikes.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            No offense. But that's an awful looking jersey. And the logo? yikes.
                            Despite me not being a fan of blue, I think these unis look sharp.

Not really feeling the logo though...

Comment

• Yeah let's be like every other sports team in Toronto. Just because.
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• And while we're ahead let's just give them hockey sticks and helmets to go with those jerseys
                                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X