Raptors Re-Branding: Name Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Re-Branding: Name Change?

Leiweke said today raptors will go through a rebranding project. Should they decide to change the name, which many believe will happen because we're named after a movie. What would you like it to be changed to and why?
    Or
    If they don't change the name, how would you like te logo and jerseys changed?
    Yes
    30.65%
    No
    69.35%

Toronto Huskies. Have a little tradition. Most people for dont know the first basketball game was played by the Toronto Huskies and New York Knicks. Also bring the blue and white just like every other Toronto team except FC(but who really cares about them?).
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Find a way to incorporate the old colors in new jerseys but without the dinosaur. I'm fine with the teams name

Comment

We've already decided on the Toronto Maple Syrup
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I should probably take time to think about this first but has any team in the modern era (ie not the St Pats to Maple Leafs) changed their name drastically without moving cities? Supersonics to sonics....not much. Oh wait...Pelicans. There you go. Didn't have to go too far back. Welcome to your Canada Huskies. At least Huskies still have claws. I don't have to rebrand.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            We've already decided on the Toronto Maple Syrup
            It'll be a golden era for sports headline writers. I look forward to such puns as 'The Syrups stick it to the Knicks,' 'Syrup waffling on draft choices,' 'Opening day tickets selling like hot cakes,' 'Syrup all tapped out,' 'Maple Syrup try to bottle winning formula,' etc.

Comment

Toronto Huskies or nothing
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I like the name. Raptors are fuckin badass, our claw logo is fuckin badass, why change it just because it's origins are a bit ingenious?

Wrigley Field is named after a gum company, Lakers are named after the geographical zone surrounding Minnesota and the Jazz play in Utah.
                Last edited by Letter N; Tue May 21, 2013, 01:08 PM.

Comment

I can't see us changing from the Raptors, and not for the Huskies, to me a team that played 1 season in the 40's has no history, it was just a flash in the pan, had a losing season and did nothing of note for the sport.

We got rid of the old logo and brought in the claws, things are fine, it is teh marketing that needs a revamp.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Give me some ideas for the name of the site so I can reserve the domain.

Comment

nope. time to whitewash this bitch. get rid of everything that will remind people of all those years of disappointment. raptors are yesterday. the maple syrup are the future.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Just leave it. The team's name is so bad it's good. Plus it totally kills my idea of a raptor tattoo I plan on getting of their old logo but instead of a basketball the raptor will be holding Vince Carter's head.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

kennelclub.com

bitchinheat.com

Kninehoops.com

HuskiesHardwood.com

ballonaleash.com
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            nope. time to whitewash this bitch. get rid of everything that will remind people of all those years of disappointment. raptors are yesterday. the maple syrup are the future.
                            Last edited by Letter N; Tue May 21, 2013, 01:48 PM.

Comment

well toronto has 2 names
                              hog town and little york for those who know the history of the city
                              but huskies i like

Comment

Working...
                              X