No announcement yet.

Raptors Re-Branding: Name Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't have to tell me how awful this looks, I know it's bad. I tried to do the best with my limited amateur Photoshop skills, but I think the idea of a logo something like this would look nice.

Last edited by GoldenBaller; Wed Aug 14, 2013, 12:44 PM.
    A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

• Raptors & Branding Insight

'Just saw this thread (new here still).

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I agree, the purple was unique, it stood out... but it's best to use the 'old purple jerseys' for throwback nights, and here's why...

For those with an agency background in sports marketing and psychology, part of your job is to educate team's on how colours like "pink" and "purple" have a direct correlation to a more frequent drop in-internal player morale, masculinity, and aggression (all things you want your team to be HIGH in). Demographic testing from the last 35 years globally in sports has given us insight into brand acceptance and the "cool" factor, and how it disappears in the presence of purples and pinks (in relation to men's sports) after the initial shock/new-ness.

And while the "ideal performance state" (IPS) for every athlete differs, there is a common baseline, and a rebuilding franchise specifically needs to convey 'strength' with deep colours (like reds and blacks) to entice future draftees & FA's with a feeling of excellence they're proud to not only display, but to go the extra mile for.

The name "Raptors" is right. The issue is the branding just needs to be more "grown up" and "fierce".

(Changing the name to mimic the Timberwolves purely to adopt the blue and white colours synonymous with the Toronto Maple Leafs, which are 'hated' by many around Canada, will make the task of branding the team as "Canada's" nearly impossible).

Go fierce. Bring more attitude. Evolve the existing dinosaur image.
      Go Raptors Go!

Comment

• We can't even win at being bad

Thought we would at least be top three (worst). The mascot did us in

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...m-names-part-1

Comment

• Don't put much into what that link suggests. Look at numbers like merchandise sales, etc. Why?
          For example: A lot of the teams "listed" in your link as the "worst named", actually rank in the NBA's top 10 merchandise sales -
          1. Knicks, 2. Heat, 3. Lakers, 4. Nets, 5. Bulls, 6. Celtics, 7. Thunder, 8. Clippers, 9. Spurs, 10. 76ers, etc.

And here's a good hint: The Raptors mascot being named to the NBA's top 5 ranking validates the previous market testing. The name is the right one. The mascot has mass appeal during games. And now it's time to give the players a more fierce brand identity that they & fans can get excited about showing off in a more adult/prostyle way in the years ahead.

Positivity is key. Things aren't as far "off" as people like to think.

Comment

Working...
          X