X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quirk wrote: View Post
    OK, I've settled on:

- Upper Canada Rebels

More "Canadian" branding but still regional.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_Canada_Rebellion
    What the heck? Why? Is this a joke?

Comment

• You know what's going to happen, right guys? After all this "rebranding" talk, they'll end up sticking with 'Raptors', and slightly changing the shade of red...

Comment

• Anyone think this re-branding stuff can be added onto what Ujiri wants to do as far as a new "identity"?

I know it's mostly about the players and who the team's made up of, but changing the name could help as well.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          You know what's going to happen, right guys? After all this "rebranding" talk, they'll end up sticking with 'Raptors', and slightly changing the shade of red...
          That actually is a big deal. Our "red" is actually a very saturated pink-magenta-purple abomination.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Man, Cathal Kelly wrote a piece about the name....Well I don't care about Kelly's opinion, but he did post the name options from the franchise's beginnings...

Beavers
            Bobcats
            Dragons
            Grizzlies
            Hogs (Toronto's nickname is Hogtown)
            Raptors
            Scorpions
            T-Rex
            Tarantulas
            Terriers

Double-checked with the team site...yeah, if it wasn't Raptors it would've been one of these. God these are awful names, Raptors included.
            http://www.nba.com/raptors/history/raptors_history.html

If we had to choose one of these I'd go with Dragons. Fantasy genres are popular now. It's culturally significant to both some Euro and Asian cultures. Can probably make some pretty interesting logos if they want. Always good when your image can be associated with breathing fire.
            I actually find the name Toronto Scorpions very cool. I'm also pretty sure there's no other team in either professional or college sports that use that name.

Plus, we could use this guy as our mascot:

Comment

• I finally got a friend to fix up the earlier sketch I made & this is what we have right now ...

I personally really like the product -- it ties in the different elements of the Toronto Raptors; the city skyline, maple leaf & the dino. I hope it doesn't come off as too "busy" although I'm reconsidering changing the outside border color into (possibly black?). Let me know what you guys think.

“I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

What the heck? Why? Is this a joke?
                Upper Canada Rebels would be awesome. You don't like it?

Comment

• The Rebels mascot would a lion called William. William Lion. Get it? He would always rant about our opponents and accuse them of being on cahoots with the family compact

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

Upper Canada Rebels would be awesome. You don't like it?
                    Like the creativity, for lack of a better word. But it's just too damn unrealistic. I'd eat my phone before they change the location to Upper Canada.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                      Like the creativity, for lack of a better word. But it's just too damn unrealistic. I'd eat my phone before they change the location to Upper Canada.
                      It's not as wacky as golden state. At least this region was once called that. Just think about the educational cross over potential. During breaks they could have a William Lion explain how a Canada burnt the formerly pink Whitehouse, which is why it needed s white washing and how it became white

Comment

It's not as wacky as golden state. At least this region was once called that. Just think about the educational cross over potential. During breaks they could have a William Lion explain how a Canada burnt the formerly pink Whitehouse, which is why it needed s white washing and how it became white
                        What?

First off, the Upper Canada Rebellion was a joke. Just like most of Canada's history. Glorified as some event that helped democratization..Not much of a rebellion if it took another 150 years to write our own constitution. What exactly is there to be proud of or celebrate about the rebellion? It didn't really have any impact on the country. The more significant rebellions happened in Lower Canada, which makes sense since the British colonial government was always worse to the mostly French occupied area. It was events there which actually prompted the actions that led to unifying the two territories. All Mackenzie did was get his panties in a twist and shout about it because the Lower Canada Rebellion gave him a nice opportunity.

Secondly, the White House burning had nothing to do with the Rebellion or William Lyon Mackenzie. William Lyon was actually quite pro-American and many reforms he wanted were of the sort that would emulate the USA. The White House burning happened two decades before the Rebellion. They are not related at all. William Lyon probably would have been very against hostilities toward the US.

Thirdly, Golden STate is hugely significant. It is a nickname based on one of the most important historical phenomena in the United States, the California Gold rush, which was critical in the settling of the West. IT had an immediate and lasting impact on the growth of the state and even the whole country. Did the Upper Canada Rebellion really have any impact on anything? I think NO would be the correct answer.

Comment

Canada as we know it today did not exist at the time (1867). It was A British force with possibly some local militia help that did the WH thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_of_Washington

Comment

What?

First off, the Upper Canada Rebellion was a joke. Just like most of Canada's history. Glorified as some event that helped democratization..Not much of a rebellion if it took another 150 years to write our own constitution. What exactly is there to be proud of or celebrate about the rebellion? It didn't really have any impact on the country. The more significant rebellions happened in Lower Canada, which makes sense since the British colonial government was always worse to the mostly French occupied area. It was events there which actually prompted the actions that led to unifying the two territories. All Mackenzie did was get his panties in a twist and shout about it because the Lower Canada Rebellion gave him a nice opportunity.

Secondly, the White House burning had nothing to do with the Rebellion or William Lyon Mackenzie. William Lyon was actually quite pro-American and many reforms he wanted were of the sort that would emulate the USA. The White House burning happened two decades before the Rebellion. They are not related at all. William Lyon probably would have been very against hostilities toward the US.

Thirdly, Golden STate is hugely significant. It is a nickname based on one of the most important historical phenomena in the United States, the California Gold rush, which was critical in the settling of the West. IT had an immediate and lasting impact on the growth of the state and even the whole country. Did the Upper Canada Rebellion really have any impact on anything? I think NO would be the correct answer.
                            Bang on. However you forgot to mention how awful the idea of explaining Canada's history during halftime is.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• History is history, regardless of some odd idea of importance. And it's Canadian history if it happened here, regardless of the status of Canada at the time. TL wants Canadian branding, this is it. William Lion will be the best mascot evet, get videocaberet to design the outfit with input from Michael Hollingsworth. It would be the most original branding ever. Go Rebels!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

• Jack and Leo hates the idea of a name change as well. I hope it doesn't happen.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X