Raptors Re-Branding: Name Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    The project34 jerseys are a really cool style, but I wouldn't mind seeing some more colour sprinkled in...doesn't even have to be red.

Actually...other than not really liking the name, I really don't like that they totally switched to red as their main colour. It's definitely nice to see the purple dinosaur logo long gone, but I didn't mind having purple in the jerseys. Now I'm not saying we have to go back to purple (and I'd kind of hate to use blue), but really wouldn't mind changing red, or adding another colour to the scheme to shake things up.
    How about a combination of purple and blue? I don't think there's ever been a team in the history of professional sports to use that colour scheme (which is good) and it looks much better than purple and and red in my opinion.

Also our jerseys will look like the colour of bruises, and if that isn't badass then I don't know what is.

EDIT: just popped into my head, how about the Toronto Bruisers?

Comment

• Love the project34 ones, particularly the way the very small streaks of red look like battle scars. Also really like the type - the way there's slight undercut under the top left serifs is subtle but distinctive.

My only issue with them is that with the home numbers, it might be a little tough to read the white-on-white numbers. The Heat have done white-on-white numbers, but with a really thick black outline.

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
        How about a combination of purple and blue? I don't think there's ever been a team in the history of professional sports to use that colour scheme (which is good) and it looks much better than purple and and red in my opinion.

Also our jerseys will look like the colour of bruises, and if that isn't badass then I don't know what is.

EDIT: just popped into my head, how about the Toronto Bruisers?
        As long as they don't make it just white and blue. I'm against blue because I fear it will influence them to design it like the other TO teams. I would be interested to see the blue/purple thing...or even blue/red. I don't know. Again, just not blue and white.

Comment

• The logo is SICK. Love the jerseys as well except the colors. Change it from black to red. They're "Canada's Team" so IMO they should stick to the color red. But yeah really love the logo...email this to Leiweke now

Btw, my only real complaint here is that i'm not a fan of the tank top jerseys. Hate it.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            The logo is SICK. Love the jerseys as well except the colors. Change it from black to red. They're "Canada's Team" so IMO they should stick to the color red. But yeah really love the logo...email this to Leiweke now

Btw, my only real complaint here is that i'm not a fan of the tank top jerseys. Hate it.
            People already know it's Canada's team. But yeah, I think with this design a red alternate uniform would look pretty sick actually. I like the black a lot too though.
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• bring back the purple and black jerseys and modify the letters and numbers

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                People already know it's Canada's team. But yeah, I think with this design a red alternate uniform would look pretty sick actually. I like the black a lot too though.
                this is what bothers me. everyone knows this is canada's team, so why focus on it so much? the only thing that will make the Raptors more popular in Canada is winning, not emphasizing that this is "canada's team".

Comment

• What is meant by "its Canada's team and we have to start acting like it"-Leiweke I interpreted as play with pride cause the Raptors represent the entire country not the what the jerseys colors were lol.

Comment

• No uniform changes on the way

@RiyazH14 No plans for new uniforms that I am aware. That process would have needed to be started well before now.
                    https://twitter.com/RaptorsMR/status/338441011732832256

Comment

• Fudge
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I am hopeful that the new GM will have a least a few uniform changes in store for us.

Comment

• Exactly, I agree with you guys. But we already got a colour scheme and it's a good one, I think they should keep it and not because Red and white are Canada's colours but simply because those colours work. Do you want to change the colours just as a sort of "in your face!" to the people who think they should embrace the Canadian image even more? lol

Obviously winning is the ultimate key to making the team popular throughout the entire country.
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• It seemed clear it wouldn't be this season(or atleast the beginning of) that there would be new uniforms. It takes a while. It could be another couple years but as long as it eventually happens I'm fine with whenever.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                              I am hopeful that the new GM will have a least a few uniform changes in store for us.
                              Pretty sure thats a going to be an MLSE Leiwkeke decision, if it is to ever happen.

Comment

• It's not an "in your face!" thing I think some people just want something fresh and red is kind of overly used in the league

Comment

Working...
                                X