Raptors Re-Branding: Name Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Ok, just had a chance to go through this thread. Sounds like a number of people would be happy with a name that would be Canadian + bad-ass intimidating. Here it is....

The Sasquatch.

Tall, powerful, intimidating and uniquely Canadian.

Lebron: Hey D-Wade, who do we play next?
    D-Wade: The Sasquatch.
    Lebron: WTF?!! The Sasquatch? For real?
    D-Wade: Yep. You know.
    Lebron: Uh, I feel some flu-like symptoms coming on. Tell Spo' I'm a scratch.
    Too bad Sasquatches are make belief

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
      hm, well I'd have to disagree. Take a look at the Brooklyn Nets and what they have accomplished in such a short time due to their clever marketing.

Here's an article that came out today coincidentally: http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/5/27/4...nding-the-nets

The black Rose jersey eh? You mean the one they wear 10 times all season? Well why don't the red ones sell as well then? I mean, they're definitely more historically well known and established right?

Answer: Because they look cooler.
      There's correlation but is there causation?

This research would only work if you were to compare a new players home jersey in white, to that same new players alternate jersey in black. In fact to truly get the experiment to have no outside factors both the home and the alternate jersey would have to be introduced for the first time.

If Derrick Rose has played for 3 seasons that means that D. Rose fans have already bought the home jersey and possibly even the road red jersey, as well they may have white and red jersey's of other players on the team so buying an alternate colour jersey would make sense to them. Take away all these factors and then and only then would you know correctly if people prefer buying black jersey's over coloured ones.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Too bad Sasquatches are make belief
        magic and wizards are make believe and raptors are extinct
        and I believe in some kind of squatch whether it be big foot or a yeti, its out there and its vicious

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Ok, just had a chance to go through this thread. Sounds like a number of people would be happy with a name that would be Canadian + bad-ass intimidating. Here it is....

The Sasquatch.

Tall, powerful, intimidating and uniquely Canadian.

Lebron: Hey D-Wade, who do we play next?
          D-Wade: The Sasquatch.
          Lebron: WTF?!! The Sasquatch? For real?
          D-Wade: Yep. You know.
          Lebron: Uh, I feel some flu-like symptoms coming on. Tell Spo' I'm a scratch.
          tucas wrote: View Post
          Lol so we would be Toronto The Sasquatch?
          RAPTORNATION wrote: View Post
          The Toronto squatches
          NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          the Toronto Squashes?
          No no no no no

The Sasquatch of Toronto.

Comment

• Toronto Tornadoes... I know... not...
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• The Toronto Tankers?

Comment

• Why don't we just forget this whole "Toronto" thing, and just name our team Air Aaron?
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• I just want something that is big, hairy, and terrifying. Grizzlies fits but its taken and we can top it. I like toronto squatches, yetis, timber giants, woodmen, hairy men, bigfeet, abominable snowmen, etc. I feel as if the list is endless

Comment

• RAPTORNATION wrote: View Post
                    I just want something that is big, hairy, and terrifying. Grizzlies fits but its taken and we can top it. I like toronto squatches, yetis, timber giants, woodmen, hairy men, bigfeet, abominable snowmen, etc. I feel as if the list is endless
                    Winner.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      No no no no no

The Mighty Sasquatch of Toronto.
                      Fixed it for you. Leweike is trying to brand across Canada, so.....

The Molson Sasquatch.

Doesn't get more Canadian than that, eh? (uh..., except that Coors owns Molson... lol).

Arse: you can reserve that domain now and I want my cut. lol.

Comment

• Think jack links would sponsor us?

Comment

• Should the Raptors change their name??

Just want to see everyone's opinion. My opinion, i think it's a bad idea. I said this before, the name Raptors is one of the most unique name in sports. It's bad ass. And changing the name is like starting all over again. Raptors have been in the league for 18 years. They have some history.

Instead of re-branding the name or changing the colours or whatever, what they really need to re-brand is the PRODUCT ON THE COURT.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• No Raptors imo is an awesome name will be more awesome when they are a good team, its quite fearsome. Also Raps rolls off the tongue.

Comment

• No way. I like Raptors name. :O

Comment

• A change in the name of the franchise won't make free agents want to come here more. I see no point in it. Don't waste time changing the name! Spend more time building a winning culture here! That is is what will attract free agents here and restore the credibility of the franchise! Not some name change.

Comment

Working...
                                X