Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

• Canada Loyalists

Comment

• The Royal Canadian Basketball Team.

Comment

• Primer, we know this is a Re-Branding thread, it say it right in the title. But it also says "Name change?" with the question mark, therefore allowing us to debate whether or not we think the team actually needs a name change and/or what that name change should be.

I'm pretty sure there is no rule that says a person cannot advocate keeping the name, because who fucking cares about merchandising?
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
              ^ Did you create your account simply to advocate the change to "the Huskies" ? lol
              Yes I did.

It's shitty history, no one besides Raptor fans even knows anything about the name.
              It's not anything better than the Raptors history and if nobody besides Raptors fans knows anything about the name, is that the end of the world for us? Oh wow...people in Chicago don't know about the Huskies. Seriously, is that really a cause of concern?

It was the BAA, in the 40's, they were a shitty team. So shitty and insignificant that the team folded in one year.
              You act like they were the only team that folded the season after when in fact before the season started, the Cleveland Rebels, Detroit Falcons, Pittsburgh Ironmen and Toronto Huskies all folded due to lack of attendance and massive losses.

Come on bro. L.A. has no lakes but I don't hear you complaing about the name the Lakers.
              The because Lakers began in 1948 as the Minneapolis Lakers and were purchased by new owners and moved to Los Angeles in 1960. Memphis moved from Vancouver and retained the Grizzles as well. They wanted to retain the name that's all. In that argument, Toronto should have retained the Huskies then right?

Comment

• No, I'm a Blue Jays fan, but I don't mind the Leafs.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  No offense. But that's an awful looking jersey. And the logo? yikes.
                  That logo is based on the Canada Basketball logo. And this was just a proposal done by somebody, I don't fully like it, but it's a billion times better than what they have right now!

Comment

• Huskies wrote: View Post
                    You act like they were the only team that folded the season after when in fact before the season started, the Cleveland Rebels, Detroit Falcons, Pittsburgh Ironmen and Toronto Huskies all folded due to lack of attendance and massive losses.
                    And how many of those teams are using the same name? NONE!

Comment

• I'm curious as to why you love that name so much

Comment

The because Lakers began in 1948 as the Minneapolis Lakers and were purchased by new owners and moved to Los Angeles in 1960. Memphis moved from Vancouver and retained the Grizzles as well. They wanted to retain the name that's all. In that argument, Toronto should have retained the Huskies then right?
                        The Lakers and the Grizzlies (and the Jazz for that matter) were the same franchise that moved.

The Huskies and the Raptors are 2 different franchises.

Comment

Primer, we know this is a Re-Branding thread, it say it right in the title. But it also says "Name change?" with the question mark, therefore allowing us to debate whether or not we think the team actually needs a name change and/or what that name change should be.

I'm pretty sure there is no rule that says a person cannot advocate keeping the name, because who fucking cares about merchandising?
                          Man, I think you're totally lost. Rebranding is name change, name change is rebranding. You're talking about them like they're two different things when they're exactly the same. If we change the name, we have rebranded the team. In order to rebrand the team, we would need to change the name.

What I don't like are the responses from people who just say we have a shitty basketball team so we shouldn't worry about the team name. The rebranding is being done independently of the roster rebuild. Rebranding is just all a matter of would the team be more appealing from a merchandising standpoint if we changed things up. If you're like me and you think it would, then you're in favor of rebanding. It's that simple.

Comment

• Another thing to keep in mind is who buys basketball merch and why. I bought tons of basketball jerseys growing up. I only root for one team so why did I buy so many jerseys? I did so because I thought they looked cool. That's why most people buy merch of a team, because it looks cool. Do you think Ty Lawson was wearing a Raptors cap because he is a huge Raptors fan, or just because he thought it looked cool? It's obviously because he thought it looked cool (a good argument point for people in favor of keeping the name).
                            It's my personal opinion that the Huskies jersey presented in this thread would sell way way more jerseys than the current Raptors jerseys. That's all the matters when rebranding, will more people buy more of our merch (jerseys, hats, shirts, etc...)?

Comment

Does anyone actually know what a Wolverine looks like? It's even less cooler looking than our vicious turkey's. It looks like a badger.

Keep in mind, it can take down a bear...

Comment

That logo is based on the Canada Basketball logo. And this was just a proposal done by somebody, I don't fully like it, but it's a billion times better than what they have right now!
                                Not really. That Huskies logo is awful.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X