Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Draft Picks Available (Update in post #93)

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The guy that really intrigues me in this draft is Dario Saric. Read a lot of great things about him.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    The guy that really intrigues me in this draft is Dario Saric. Read a lot of great things about him.
    Yeah, he has ridiculous upside. I don't think he's quick enough to guard NBA SFs, but I think you develop him as a PF in the NBA. With his mix of size, skill, and versatility, he reminds me a lot of forwards like Kukoc and Garnett.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if he's that good, Why not snatch him with the 13th pick? we need another PF anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Not huge on Dario, seems kind of unathletic. He's talented sure, but i'm wary of slow footed stretch 4s for some reason.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Well if he's that good, Why not snatch him with the 13th pick? we need another PF anyway
    Who do you give up then? as much as i like Saric i'm not trading Gay or DeRozan for him. Not trading Ross either(ok maybe). I will be shocked if Amir gets moved for the 13th overall pick. Lowry? Mavs need a PG. But who's going to play PG for the Raptors?

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Who do you give up then? as much as i like Saric i'm not trading Gay or DeRozan for him. Not trading Ross either(ok maybe). I will be shocked if Amir gets moved for the 13th overall pick. Lowry? Mavs need a PG. But who's going to play PG for the Raptors?
    If you really want the pick and you're that high on him, you part with Ross or Amir. THose are the only pieces Dallas is going to want...or maybe Lowry. I somehow doubt they want to absorb DD's contract as they are trying to rebuild on the fly. My guess is they only want to add one major contract this offseason (Howard ideally), and then retain strong value deals and cheap deals. Ross and Amir are both great value.

I'm not suggesting they should do this, but that's probably what it takes. *I know I wouldn't do this.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Jun 1st, 2013 at 04:00 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Saric is going to need a team where he is a good fit and/or a coach who knows how to use him and develop him. Otherwise he's going to bust. He's been a big talent for so long, but especially his shooting still isn't good enough to be of value right now because it would mean he needs the ball in his hands to be effective, which kinda sounds like that "ball"-guy without the shooting. Still, lots of upside, but he needs the right surroundings to get groomed.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris Mannix: Mavericks continuing to shop the No. 13 pick to preserve cap space for this summer. Several execs say they are not asking for much, either Twitter @ChrisMannixSI
    Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#TwVZdIlXG5T01zgr.99

9. Like connected liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Chris Mannix: Mavericks continuing to shop the No. 13 pick to preserve cap space for this summer. Several execs say they are not asking for much, either Twitter @ChrisMannixSI
    Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#TwVZdIlXG5T01zgr.99
    Not asking too much means what? Acy + cash?

If that is true then Ujiri should really think and trade for that pick. Saric, Adetokoubo, Schroeder, Noguiera and heck Muhammad could be available at 13. Lots of good players with high upside.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not asking too much means what? Acy + cash?

If that is true then Ujiri should really think and trade for that pick. Saric, Adetokoubo, Schroeder, Noguiera and heck Muhammad could be available at 13. Lots of good players with high upside.
    No way Dallas not asking for much... They have to find someone who can take Marion's contract... Cuban is genius, he wants to make Mavs tittle contender again.

Post Thanks / Like

Cuban's too busy with Shark Tank these days
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Cuban's too busy with Shark Tank these days
    Ya, he seems pretty infatuated with just pissing off the other sharks. Makes for good tv
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blazers Looking To Deal #10?

Portland isn't currently enamored by any one player and if they were drafting today they'd deal the pick. And to that, I'd encourage the Blazers to take a look in the mirror and acknowledge they're among the thinnest teams in the NBA. If they don't recognize that there's someone in this draft -- yes, even available 10th -- who can help coach Terry Stotts win, then this franchise must be disillusioned.

Here's hoping the Blazers are bluffing.
    Source: Oregonlive.com

So now that's the Blazers at #10 and the Mavs at #13.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Source: Oregonlive.com

So now that's the Blazers at #10 and the Mavs at #13.
    The big question is what would it take to pry this pick from the Blazers?

Post Thanks / Like

I think the first question is would it make sense for the Raptors to try and get the pick? (ie: is there anybody there that they would want?)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I think the first question is would it make sense for the Raptors to try and get the pick? (ie: is there anybody there that they would want?)
    Yeah, there are couple of players that could interest Ujiri and the Raptors. Mostly PG's like MCW, Larkin, Schroeder. Muhammad could be available at 10. Adetokounbo and Saric are two interesting prospects.

Saying that, we don't have the asset to trade for Portland's 10th overall pick. And no i'm not trading DeRozan or Ross or Amir for Portland's 10th.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, there are couple of players that could interest Ujiri and the Raptors. Mostly PG's like MCW, Larkin, Schroeder. Muhammad could be available at 10. Adetokounbo and Saric are two interesting prospects.

Saying that, we don't have the asset to trade for Portland's 10th overall pick. And no i'm not trading DeRozan or Ross or Amir for Portland's 10th.
    I think Amir for Portland's 10th pick is probably what they want. Portland love their bigs. But the problem is that Portland would probably call Phoenix for Gortat in exchange for the 10th pick and that is a better trade for Portland.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ujirir is a smart guy, he stated he values the draft picks BC assembled. Really looks like we'll be establishing a team of starters all from draft picks imo

Drafted guard
    Ross
    DeRozan
    vet Big
    JV

Bench

Vet Guard
    Drafted SG
    Vet
    Amir
    Vet

I can see him moving Rudy Gay,Lowry etc to build his own young team.

Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dario Saric changed his mind and will not participate in this years draft, which is probably not the greatest choice, because he probably can't expect to be picked any higher next year.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    Dario Saric changed his mind and will not participate in this years draft, which is probably not the greatest choice, because he probably can't expect to be picked any higher next year.
    That is good news for those hoping Dallas trades their #13.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information