Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft Picks Available (Update in post #93)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta say Dirk is the perfect compliment to Howard
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I can't see how Toronto can acquire the pick. Only assets Dallas have on their books next year are Carter and Nowitski... neither of which would be available (Dirk) or wanted (Vince).. would be nice to have another pick but can't see it happening.. unless you want to trade the 2014 pick for it, which I wouldn't do.

Comment

I would just buy the pick straight up
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          I would just buy the pick straight up
          We already used that cash on the Memphis trade.. can only use the cash on one transaction per year.

Comment

can we not do what Matt suggested?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              We already used that cash on the Memphis trade.. can only use the cash on one transaction per year.
              Total transactions for the year cannot exceed $3M.

Technically you could do 6 transactions at $500K each.

Comment

connected wrote: View Post
                realgm.com

This may be an easy way for us to get back into the draft. It's one pick lower than we were suppose to have and it wouldn't hurt to strength our team.

I'm not sure how we would aquire it -- are players like Pietrus still on our payroll to trade until the draft?

or could we trade a future second round pick and cash?

Who would you draft at the 13th spot?
                I thought "a going rate" for a first rounder is $3 mil. Since we used it, I am not sure what else we could do? Can you trade now an expiring contract for that pick?

Who do you draft? There is a number of PGs or combo guards -Perhaps groom one (all but top 2 or 3 should be available -Detroit, NOla...). A Center (Olyniuk?).
                A lot depends of what (if anything of value) we can get for AB.
                Last edited by Mapko; Wed May 22, 2013, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Giannis Adetokoubo or Dario Saric.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Total transactions for the year cannot exceed $3M.

Technically you could do 6 transactions at $500K each.
                    Yes, thanks.. still not sure how much of that $3M is left. I wish that stuff was made public somewhere. At least I can't find it referenced anywhere.

Comment

Would that random 2nd round pick the Raps stashed in Europe be available for a trade? His rights and future cash?

I can't find how much cash was spent on the Gay trade.

EDIT: Would rather want a late 1st/ early second pick for Kabongo (save some money on contracts), but MCW is intriguing, or if Trey slides (doubtful)
                      Last edited by blackjitsu; Thu May 23, 2013, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Draft Schroeder, because f**k them ninja turtles
                        Last edited by Vykis; Fri May 24, 2013, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Not sure I'd take him at 13....but one guy that has interested me since I saw him leading Russia in junior tournaments is Sergey Karasev. I'd probably put him behind Saric and Adetokounpo in how much he intrigues me...but he might be the best player of the bunch at the moment. Can flat out shoot the ball, is a very smart player, has legit SF size. With a later 1st rd or early 2nd rd pick he's pretty intriguing, especially if a new GM is going to even try to trade one of the wings we currently have. I think he also has a Euro contract with small buyouts, so could be brought over or stashed.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            can we not do what Matt suggested?

its the only way reminds me of the Pacers ibbert/J Oneil trade way back when.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Yes, thanks.. still not sure how much of that $3M is left. I wish that stuff was made public somewhere. At least I can't find it referenced anywhere.
                              I recall Eric Pincus at HoopsWorld.com saying it was the full $3M.

Comment

Schroeder really held his own in that US-World junior game
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X