Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Picks Available (Update in post #93)

Post Thanks / Like

With gm taken care of I hope the raps get active.

First order of business is this pick. Get it!!!!

I feel really good about Schoeder.

How to do it:

Three team deal with golden state and Dallas.

Marion and bargnani to GSW.
    #13, biedrins, jefferson to Toronto

Raps use TPE to take BIedrins. Where did TPE come from? Trade DeRozan.

Raps should be calling every team in top 17 who might want him and have space july1.

DeRozan for a 1st and TPE.

Select adetonkbo and keep him in Europe for 1-2 seasons.

Next year 20 million off books with a young PG who might be able to start.

Probably not a popular suggestion but it is what I would do.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol there is no way in hell i trade DeRozan for a first round pick this year UNLESS it's for Noel or Mclemore. In short, a top 2 pick.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DeRozan for the 13 is just disrespectful.I hope Ujiri turns Bargnani and Fields into something.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    DeRozan for the 13 is just disrespectful.I hope Ujiri turns Bargnani and Fields into something.
    No kidding. I'm not the biggest DeRozan fan here around but DeRozan for this year's 13th overall pick is just beyond ridiculous.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

5. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If for some reason we get the 13th pick. We need to take hard look at Sergey Karasev.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big Schroeder fan too but I'm also really intrigued by Tony Mitchell. Reminds me of Paul George kinda.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I'm a big Schroeder fan too but I'm also really intrigued by Tony Mitchell. Reminds me of Paul George kinda.
    They two different kind of games?

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Schroeder or Kabongo I can imagine Ujiri wanting to take part in the draft during his first year as GM he wants some player of his choosing coming in I believe. Lots of good PG pick ups this year honestly Toronto should be picking somewhere this year, need a young prospect to challenge Lowrys position and can back him up when injured or hurt.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Raptors should find a way to get into the lottery in this draft, even though the potential in the draft isn't great, but there are a number of raw athletes in the draft, some of the best the draft might have to offer ever. For example, Tony Mitchell.

Anyways, considering this team is stacked with wings (likely better to get rid of wings via trade to acquire better assets/picks), and big man on this team are to stay (except Bargnani - obviously - likely out in a trade as well with above mentioned wings), a point guard is the best route.

Considering the point guard talent in this draft, Burke, Schroeder, Carter-Williams, Kabongo, Siva, etc. Some solid young point guards this team can take a chance on, especially because Lowry will be looking for an extension/contract here or elsewhere. Team needs some stability and security.

I think Toronto can get a really good deal if they include either or even both Ross, DeRozan, in a deal along with Bargnani and any 2nd round picks, possibly a 1st?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Shane Larkin may turn out to be the best point guard in this draft.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    I think the Raptors should find a way to get into the lottery in this draft, even though the potential in the draft isn't great, but there are a number of raw athletes in the draft, some of the best the draft might have to offer ever. For example, Tony Mitchell.

Anyways, considering this team is stacked with wings (likely better to get rid of wings via trade to acquire better assets/picks), and big man on this team are to stay (except Bargnani - obviously - likely out in a trade as well with above mentioned wings), a point guard is the best route.

Considering the point guard talent in this draft, Burke, Schroeder, Carter-Williams, Kabongo, Siva, etc. Some solid young point guards this team can take a chance on, especially because Lowry will be looking for an extension/contract here or elsewhere. Team needs some stability and security.

I think Toronto can get a really good deal if they include either or even both Ross, DeRozan, in a deal along with Bargnani and any 2nd round picks, possibly a 1st?
    I'm thinking more that I'd like them to get a pick anywhere from about 10 to 30 in the first round. I don't really see guys in the top 10 that I'm sold on as going after. I think Burke and Oladipo are the only ones I'd take, and I doubt the Raps find a way to either of them....and Burke is really the only one I want badly given roster needs.

After that? Like you I like some of the other PGs...mostly Schroeder and MCW. I also like some international players who'll likely go late 1st round....
    -Saric is a very intriguing prospect. A guy with PF size and skill, but who also passes and dribbles fairly well. So much possibility there, and it's easy to see why he's considered one of the top prospects in terms of ceiling.
    -Adetokounpo I'm high on, but also realistic. He's very raw...so you just hope is offense is at least average and that he can be a defensive monster.
    -Karasev is a guy I've liked for awhile. He just has a really smooth shot and great basketball IQ. He looks like in the NBA he'd have to be a role player, but having seen him play a few times, I think he could've been in the league even this year as a shooter. The question is if other parts of his game will translate to the NBA or if he can only be a shooter. Still, if it's a pick in the low 20s, or even a high 2nd rd pick, getting a guaranteed shooter isn't a bad thing.

All that said, Toronto should not be shopping with any good pieces for a draft pick in this shitstorm of a draft. I'm sure tons of teams would give up picks for DeMar or Ross, because there's a lot less risk with them. If one of those guys gets traded, it better be in a deal that brings back a known quantity, not just some potential assets (even if it does net us a draft pick).

Post Thanks / Like

For those who look at DD for 13, read again.

The end result of my post was bargnani and DeRozan for 2 firsts and $20m off payroll for next season.

You need to give something to get something, unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    For those who look at DD for 13, read again.

The end result of my post was bargnani and DeRozan for 2 firsts and $20m off payroll for next season.

You need to give something to get something, unfortunately.
    You have to get something proven back for DD. No point of trading a young asset for another young asset. Especially with a track record like DD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    You have to get something proven back for DD. No point of trading a young asset for another young asset. Especially with a track record like DD.
    The financial flexibility with young assets/rookie contracts is the best way to get anything proven for DeRozan, in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The financial flexibility with young assets/rookie contracts is the best way to get anything proven for DeRozan, in my opinion.
    How is a rookie proven? I was ok with getting proven vet PF but getting a rookie for him is pointless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post

You guys aren't seeing the forest through the trees. A direct trade for the 13th pick is insulting. The resulting flexibility of all the moves together combined with getting a good young point guard is not insulting.

Matt posted a very good idea and people focused singularly on one part.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Short of amnesty we will have to give up SOMETHING in order to jettison Bargnani. We have six contracts with some value, four of which have real value. If you think you can get rid of Bargs without amnesty or giving up one of the players below you should start your career as a GM somewhere, because you are clearly gifted

Jonas Valanciunas = Rookie Deal
    Terrence Ross = Rookie Deal
    Amir Johnson = High Value Role Player
    Kyle Lowry = Expiring
    Linas Kleiza = Expiring
    DeMar DeRozan = moderately overpriced

Post Thanks / Like

My moves

Rudy Gay & Terrence Ross to GSW for Andris Biedrins and Richard Jefferson = 20 million expiring

DeMar DeRozan/Aaron Gray to Clippers for Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler/ 25th pick = 8 million expiring

Andrea Bargnani/Amir Johnson/Landry Fields to LAL for Steve Blake and Pau Gasol = 23 million expiring

Cash/Quincy Acy to Dallas for the 13th pick

Two picks / 53 Million in expiring contracts and a core of Eric Bledsoe and Jonas Valanciunas to properly build around.

okay...I'm gonna wake up now

ohh...addendum... draft Shroeder at 13 and Karasev at 25 and amnesty Kleiza...I'm a fuckin genius
    Last edited by thead; Sat Jun 1st, 2013 at 12:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Massai might be Interested in Dennis seeing that his from Nigerian decent.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard Hennigan of the Magic is interested in Ben McLemore because he's of American descent.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information