Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft Picks Available (Update in post #93)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With gm taken care of I hope the raps get active.

First order of business is this pick. Get it!!!!

I feel really good about Schoeder.

How to do it:

Three team deal with golden state and Dallas.

Marion and bargnani to GSW.
    #13, biedrins, jefferson to Toronto

Raps use TPE to take BIedrins. Where did TPE come from? Trade DeRozan.

Raps should be calling every team in top 17 who might want him and have space july1.

DeRozan for a 1st and TPE.

Select adetonkbo and keep him in Europe for 1-2 seasons.

Next year 20 million off books with a young PG who might be able to start.

Probably not a popular suggestion but it is what I would do.

Comment

Lol there is no way in hell i trade DeRozan for a first round pick this year UNLESS it's for Noel or Mclemore. In short, a top 2 pick.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

DeRozan for the 13 is just disrespectful.I hope Ujiri turns Bargnani and Fields into something.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
          DeRozan for the 13 is just disrespectful.I hope Ujiri turns Bargnani and Fields into something.
          No kidding. I'm not the biggest DeRozan fan here around but DeRozan for this year's 13th overall pick is just beyond ridiculous.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

If for some reason we get the 13th pick. We need to take hard look at Sergey Karasev.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'm a big Schroeder fan too but I'm also really intrigued by Tony Mitchell. Reminds me of Paul George kinda.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                I'm a big Schroeder fan too but I'm also really intrigued by Tony Mitchell. Reminds me of Paul George kinda.
                They two different kind of games?
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Schroeder or Kabongo I can imagine Ujiri wanting to take part in the draft during his first year as GM he wants some player of his choosing coming in I believe. Lots of good PG pick ups this year honestly Toronto should be picking somewhere this year, need a young prospect to challenge Lowrys position and can back him up when injured or hurt.

Comment

I think the Raptors should find a way to get into the lottery in this draft, even though the potential in the draft isn't great, but there are a number of raw athletes in the draft, some of the best the draft might have to offer ever. For example, Tony Mitchell.

Anyways, considering this team is stacked with wings (likely better to get rid of wings via trade to acquire better assets/picks), and big man on this team are to stay (except Bargnani - obviously - likely out in a trade as well with above mentioned wings), a point guard is the best route.

Considering the point guard talent in this draft, Burke, Schroeder, Carter-Williams, Kabongo, Siva, etc. Some solid young point guards this team can take a chance on, especially because Lowry will be looking for an extension/contract here or elsewhere. Team needs some stability and security.

I think Toronto can get a really good deal if they include either or even both Ross, DeRozan, in a deal along with Bargnani and any 2nd round picks, possibly a 1st?
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Shane Larkin may turn out to be the best point guard in this draft.

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                        I think the Raptors should find a way to get into the lottery in this draft, even though the potential in the draft isn't great, but there are a number of raw athletes in the draft, some of the best the draft might have to offer ever. For example, Tony Mitchell.

Anyways, considering this team is stacked with wings (likely better to get rid of wings via trade to acquire better assets/picks), and big man on this team are to stay (except Bargnani - obviously - likely out in a trade as well with above mentioned wings), a point guard is the best route.

Considering the point guard talent in this draft, Burke, Schroeder, Carter-Williams, Kabongo, Siva, etc. Some solid young point guards this team can take a chance on, especially because Lowry will be looking for an extension/contract here or elsewhere. Team needs some stability and security.

I think Toronto can get a really good deal if they include either or even both Ross, DeRozan, in a deal along with Bargnani and any 2nd round picks, possibly a 1st?
                        I'm thinking more that I'd like them to get a pick anywhere from about 10 to 30 in the first round. I don't really see guys in the top 10 that I'm sold on as going after. I think Burke and Oladipo are the only ones I'd take, and I doubt the Raps find a way to either of them....and Burke is really the only one I want badly given roster needs.

After that? Like you I like some of the other PGs...mostly Schroeder and MCW. I also like some international players who'll likely go late 1st round....
                        -Saric is a very intriguing prospect. A guy with PF size and skill, but who also passes and dribbles fairly well. So much possibility there, and it's easy to see why he's considered one of the top prospects in terms of ceiling.
                        -Adetokounpo I'm high on, but also realistic. He's very raw...so you just hope is offense is at least average and that he can be a defensive monster.
                        -Karasev is a guy I've liked for awhile. He just has a really smooth shot and great basketball IQ. He looks like in the NBA he'd have to be a role player, but having seen him play a few times, I think he could've been in the league even this year as a shooter. The question is if other parts of his game will translate to the NBA or if he can only be a shooter. Still, if it's a pick in the low 20s, or even a high 2nd rd pick, getting a guaranteed shooter isn't a bad thing.

All that said, Toronto should not be shopping with any good pieces for a draft pick in this shitstorm of a draft. I'm sure tons of teams would give up picks for DeMar or Ross, because there's a lot less risk with them. If one of those guys gets traded, it better be in a deal that brings back a known quantity, not just some potential assets (even if it does net us a draft pick).

Comment

For those who look at DD for 13, read again.

The end result of my post was bargnani and DeRozan for 2 firsts and $20m off payroll for next season.

You need to give something to get something, unfortunately.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            For those who look at DD for 13, read again.

The end result of my post was bargnani and DeRozan for 2 firsts and $20m off payroll for next season.

You need to give something to get something, unfortunately.
                            You have to get something proven back for DD. No point of trading a young asset for another young asset. Especially with a track record like DD.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              You have to get something proven back for DD. No point of trading a young asset for another young asset. Especially with a track record like DD.
                              The financial flexibility with young assets/rookie contracts is the best way to get anything proven for DeRozan, in my opinion.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                The financial flexibility with young assets/rookie contracts is the best way to get anything proven for DeRozan, in my opinion.
                                How is a rookie proven? I was ok with getting proven vet PF but getting a rookie for him is pointless.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X