Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Picks Available (Update in post #93)

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Does Marion have a massive expiring deal or something? Why would you trade Lowry for Shroeder, essentially?

For the record I really like Schroeder, just playing devils advocate.

Edit: I have a feeling Schroeder is going to fly up the draft and be a top ten pick, if not higher.
    Marion is $9.3M expiring.

My edit regarding your edit: The only team in the top 5 looking for a PG is Orlando. Not sure he goes #2 but stranger things have happened (like Waiters refusing to workout for anyone and going to #4 from the teens). If Sacramento, Detroit, or New Orleans do not select him, I can't see Minnesota (Rubio), Portland (Lillard), or Philly (Holiday) picking him. OKC might for depth but I think they are looking for a big (just my guess).
    Last edited by Matt52; Sun May 26th, 2013 at 08:32 PM.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

okc is gunna find a steak with our pick

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If the Raptors amnesty Kleiza and decline option on JL3, they could trade Lowry for Marion and 13.

Dallas cuts $3.1M off cap plus #12 cap hold ($1.5M) while also filling a huge need (PG) who is on a 1 year contract and ties in with the desire to make a big splash in 2014 free agency as Dirk takes a pay cut to help field a winner.

Schroeder would be the target at 13.
    Really Matt? Start a rookie PG? This doesn't sound like you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Really Matt? Start a rookie PG? This doesn't sound like you.
    If he was good enough, sure. Casey is the one with rookie phobia.

I was just trying to think of something that would fit this thread.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you draft a Dmaian Lilard/Irving/Wall/Parker/Burke/Iverson you start them, the talnt skill savvy will speak for itself.

If Raps can nab this pick they should go for it lots of PGs available.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/myck-kabongo

Nice fit right off the bench hes talented also has a "chip on his shoulder" Apparently he will go in the second round but I dont think he will.

Leo Westermann also a guy worth taking a look at pure pass first PG at 6'7 good post moves good midrange game has a floater.
    Last edited by Rapstor4Life; Mon May 27th, 2013 at 09:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    If you draft a Dmaian Lilard/Irving/Wall/Parker/Burke/Iverson you start them, the talnt skill savvy will speak for itself.

If Raps can nab this pick they should go for it lots of PGs available.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/myck-kabongo

Nice fit right off the bench hes talented also has a "chip on his shoulder" Apparently he will go in the second round but I dont think he will.

Leo Westermann also a guy worth taking a look at pure pass first PG at 6'7 good post moves good midrange game has a floater.
    I like kabongo. I think he was marginalized last year playing with Brown. This year suspension was a joke but he should have told truth from beginning.

His talent is better than a 2nd rd pick IMO.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabongoooo!
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

k sharma

Do you think cleveland and dallas will trade their picks? If so i hope toronto jumps in.

Bill Ingram

The Mavs are already shopping their pick as a means of trading Shawn Marion to clear cap space. Not sure about Cleveland. Also not sure Toronto gets much help with the 13th pick from Dallas . . .

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-w...l-ingram-52613
    I was thinking you could add in a third team: Golden State. They are reportedly one of the teams who had interest in Bargnani.

Something like:

Dallas: Lowry
    Golden State: Bargnani, Marion
    Toronto: #13, Biedrins, Jefferson

Biedrins and Jefferson might have value at trade deadline and if not they have $9.5M in cap space (assuming cap goes up $3M over next 2 years) for 2014 summer. Assuming they spent $11M in previous summer, they would be going in to summer of 2015 with just $30M on the books (JV, TR, DD, QA, '13 pick, '14FA).
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The easiest pick to obtain in the lottery, IMO would be Minnesota's #9. Love is getting unhappier by the minute. Another rookie in the line up is just going to get him madder.

AK47, Ridnour, #9 for Bargnani and DeRozan?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    The easiest pick to obtain in the lottery, IMO would be Minnesota's #9. Love is getting unhappier by the minute. Another rookie in the line up is just going to get him madder.

Supposedly the Wolves are looking for 3pt shooting. Not sure DeRozan fills that need (or Bargnani for that matter).

But I would totally make that trade.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Where did you hear that Love gets unhappier by the minute?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Where did you hear that Love gets unhappier by the minute?
    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-...s--losing.html

Post Thanks / Like

'That's from a year ago.

Post Thanks / Like

'That's from a year ago.
    Yes I know.. but the fact that they didn't make the playoffs again a year later would most likely be irritating for him. He may be over the moon happy that they failed to make the playoffs again and are looking at another lottery pick. But chances are he's not happy. Maybe I'm reading the tea leaves wrong, but if your superstar publicly was upset because of his team's win/loss record and if nothing really changed a year later I would think they would still be upset.

But again, maybe Minnesota doesn't care and will just continue to draft rookies. They only have a 2 year window with Love before he bails.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I know.. but the fact that they didn't make the playoffs again a year later would most likely be irritating for him. He may be over the moon happy that they failed to make the playoffs again and are looking at another lottery pick. But chances are he's not happy. Maybe I'm reading the tea leaves wrong, but if your superstar publicly was upset because of his team's win/loss record and if nothing really changed a year later I would think they would still be upset.

But again, maybe Minnesota doesn't care and will just continue to draft rookies. They only have a 2 year window with Love before he bails.
    They didn't make the play-offs because Love himself was hurt all year long...

Rubio was hurt almost half the year, Buddinger barely played.

They don't just sign rookies did get him some help by signing Kirilenko (and Shved).

Love might bail and sign with the Lakers after his contract, I don't know, but there is no indication that Love is getting unhappier by the minute if you base it on an article from a year ago. Amongst other things, I heard Love talking about how he hoped they would resign Pekovic (from all I know he's getting along with his teammates pretty well).

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe you haven't paid attention to Minnesota firing Kahn, the guy Love had a problem with, and Saunders going out of his way to make Love feel wanted now.

Two random things I found quickly doing a search because I remembered seeing some stuff about this since the season ended.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/F...vin_Love051413

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...itting-it-off/

*Edit...Now I have no clue what it means for keeping a pick or not, but it doesn't seem that Love is really unhappy, which is a shame because I was hoping the situation might deteriorate enough for him to be traded...oh well. You could be right, and part of the reason he could be happy now is maybe Saunders promised to shake things up to make sure they would be a winning team now.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon May 27th, 2013 at 05:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

They didn't make the play-offs because Love himself was hurt all year long...

Rubio was hurt almost half the year, Buddinger barely played.

They don't just sign rookies did get him some help by signing Kirilenko (and Shved).

Love might bail and sign with the Lakers after his contract, I don't know, but there is no indication that Love is getting unhappier by the minute if you base it on an article from a year ago. Amongst other things, I heard Love talking about how he hoped they would resign Pekovic (from all I know he's getting along with his teammates pretty well).
    Fair enough.. perhaps he's not getting more and more upset. They do have a new GM as well which might change Love's stance from last year. But if they lose Pekovic and get a rookie I'm not sure how happy Love is going to be if they will struggle to get into the playoffs in a tough conference next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, but regardless I don't think it makes sense to have Kirilenko on the roster with Gay.

Unless....
    -You assume new management might also try to trade Gay for another star...??

-Or you assume Kirilenko isn't a long term piece, and will be traded before the end of the season because of his expiring contract...??

Oh, and I would also like to know, just out of curiosity, who you think the Raptors should be targeting with such a pick to also justify why they'd want to do the deal? Maybe 2 or 3 guys who'd be at the top of their board for that pick, and who will also likely not be taken higher?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Oh, but regardless I don't think it makes sense to have Kirilenko on the roster with Gay.

Unless....
    -You assume new management might also try to trade Gay for another star...??

-Or you assume Kirilenko isn't a long term piece, and will be traded before the end of the season because of his expiring contract...??

Oh, and I would also like to know, just out of curiosity, who you think the Raptors should be targeting with such a pick to also justify why they'd want to do the deal? Maybe 2 or 3 guys who'd be at the top of their board for that pick, and who will also likely not be taken higher?
    AK47 was simply to help unload Bargnani's contract. Would use him as depth at the 3 once Kleiza gets amnestied. Gay and Kirilenko could both be on the floor at the same time where one plays the 3, and the other the 4. Depends on match ups of course, but a line up of:

Lowry/#9/Ridnour
    Fields/Ross
    Gay/Kirilenko
    Amir/Acy/(Gay or Kirilenko)
    JV/Gray

For the 9th pick I'd want a PG. Either Burke, Schroeder, or Carter-Williams (in that order). It would also make it easier to trade Lowry now that we'd have a suitable PG (Ridnour) and a rookie that we can develop.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also not sure why Minnesota wants to add Bargnani. In some ways I can see the appeal, but as long as they have Love, and I assume they also try to retain Pekovic, then it seems strange to get Bargs too.

Though I also feel like Demar for Kirilenko + 9th pick might even work.

Thread Information