No announcement yet.

So, who goes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly want to see what this team can do. I really don't want another 5 year wait

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      If Ujiri is talking serious blow up then yes start building with new talent today! JV Ross Amir and whatever good pieces are in this draft, officially starting a new Era for the team as its really all new personnel. Its a bold move thove really bold shedding one is ok but both? Dam!

IM SO EXCITED FOR DRAFT NIGHT!!!!
      Wow. Could the fan base take a gutting like losing both DD and Gay? They still have to sell tickets.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
        Wow. Could the fan base take a gutting like losing both DD and Gay? They still have to sell tickets.
        I think it depends on what you get back.... and they still have JV.

Comment

I'm looking at a slow rebuild, so I voted to trade (or try to trade) Bargs, DD, Amir, Lowry, Gay, Fields. Keeping JV, TR, Acy, Gay.
          Reasoning:
          Bargs: is an obvious choice; he needs to go. However, we'll need to either take back a bad contract (harrington?) or include 1 of our other players (DD, Amir) to get a deal done.
          DD: has value around the league, is controlled long term and shouldn't have to waste his talents on this lottery team for the next 2-3 yrs.
          Lowry: meh. I'd rather have the pick back.
          Gay: hard to trade due to the high value of his contract, but his presence here would make the team too good to rebuild properly.
          Amir: I don't want to trade, b/c of his skill set, effort and reasonable contract, but for all those reasons he has value around the league. Ppl laughed when BC extended him, but I think he's proven the haters wrong these last 2 seasons. We could get a young player, or maybe even a couple of picks for him. (from a playoff team)
          Fields: tough to trade b/c of his contract, injury and lacklustre play, but no sense in him hanging around if we're in Tank City. Maybe a contender will take him for a 2nd rounder or a rack of balls.

Comment

duncan wrote: View Post
            Amir: I don't want to trade, b/c of his skill set, effort and reasonable contract, but for all those reasons he has value around the league. Ppl laughed when BC extended him, but I think he's proven the haters wrong these last 2 seasons. We could get a young player, or maybe even a couple of picks for him. (from a playoff team)
            Amir is 25, so you'd trade Amir to get Amir 2.0 ? now you're just trading for the sake of trading.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              Agree with this. Most regular fans will not see any rationale in losing both. Bring on the "Ujiri is the wrong guy" mindset.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I think we could get more for Demar than people think.

We can't be the only ones that realize that he works hard, and constantly improves every season. Yes, he will never be an all-star, but it's not like we necessarily need an all-star.

Need somebody that can do the intangibles, and put the ball in the hoop when required. IE, Iggy, I'm really liking that trade idea, though, not sure if Denver would bite on it.

Comment

phiLLy wrote: View Post
                  I think we could get more for Demar than people think.

We can't be the only ones that realize that he works hard, and constantly improves every season. Yes, he will never be an all-star, but it's not like we necessarily need an all-star.

Need somebody that can do the intangibles, and put the ball in the hoop when required. IE, Iggy, I'm really liking that trade idea, though, not sure if Denver would bite on it.
                  people wont worry about his talent, theyll worry about his contract. you can trade demar to a lower bracket team that wont care about his cap space, but then raptors would have to worry about getting third rate players back from those teams.

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                    people wont worry about his talent, theyll worry about his contract. you can trade demar to a lower bracket team that wont care about his cap space, but then raptors would have to worry about getting third rate players back from those teams.
                    Fair enough.

I don't know the salary numbers too well, but, is his contract really that ludicrous that nobody would be interested in it? I mean he's overpaid, but is it really by that much?

Comment

• I personally do not want to see JV, Amir, Rudy, and Acy to go. Otherwise, everyone is trade bait/pieces for trades. Ross, Bargnani, DeRozan, and Lowry become the biggest assets to acquire returning talent, picks, prospects, expiring deals. Quite frankly, I prefer to see little expiring deals and more young players on rookie contracts because the players are likely pieces of shit that have been obviously overpaid and under-performing i.e. Bargnani - regardless of his talent.

PG: ---
                      SG: ---
                      SF: Gay
                      PF: ---, Amir, Acy
                      C: Valanciunas

Build around that, and I feel this team could be able to compete for a title. Despite what you think of Gay (overpaid, inefficient, inconsistent, etc), he's one of those second tier starts, and also in that category of "hard to find" players. Superstars are a needle in a haystack, second tier stars are cheese curds in cheep poutine - very few. He is a guy that can be used as a building block, and obviously a key player, and JV will most definitely develop into an all-star calibre big, maybe not a superstar, but definitely a very, very good player.
                      Last edited by ReubenJRD; Mon Jun 10, 2013, 02:49 AM.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• phiLLy wrote: View Post
                        Fair enough.

I don't know the salary numbers too well, but, is his contract really that ludicrous that nobody would be interested in it? I mean he's overpaid, but is it really by that much?
                        hes getting paid about 9.5 mill a year (and you have to send the whole contract out, which is 40 over 4 years). put that into perspective, other notable players around the 8-10 mill mark:

george hill
                        mike conley
                        jameer nelson
                        jeff green
                        steve nash
                        steph curry
                        gerald wallace
                        gallinari
                        tim duncan

im not saying derozan is a bad player by comparison. but then theres also a lot of players around this bracket that have made all-star. its easier to sell a player when they have an allstar nomination on their resume.

Comment

Working...
                        X