Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Jordan Vs. King James (Rodman's opinion in post #48)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Jordan Vs. King James (Rodman's opinion in post #48)

Zo talking to a hometown Miami crowd answers a fan question, who's better? Jordan or James?

Who knows if Scottie actually said it or not but who cares, what do you think? If LeBron met MJ, both in their primes, who comes out the winner in a one on one?

Personally, I think Magic would be a fairer match up in terms of size and style of play but I think MJ overcomes the paper disadvantages. His toughness, tenacity and clutch play would guide him past LeBron, albeit not easily.
    Michael Jordan
    91.67%
    LeBron James
    8.33%

The poll is expired.

I have this perception that Lebron is a nicer person than MJ, who had his gambling addiction and a lot of petty grudges that came into play.

Comment

Jordan played with honor. When the Bulls struggled early on in his career and he had to deal with similar issues to that of LeBron he didn't tuck his tail between his legs and scurry off to greener pastures to play with an inter-conference rival no less. No, he stuck it out, had faith in the process and helped build one of the greatest teams to ever suit up. Gambling has nothing to do with basketball and I call grudges "killer instinct". Jordan played with a chip on his shoulder, with an edge. He pretty much had a nemesis in every series he ever played. It seemed to work because you can't debate those numbers.

Comment

I don't know man, Jordan had this likability factor to him. I don't believe LeBron has that, which is a big reason why a lot of people hate on him in comparison to Jordan in his spotlight years.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
          I don't know man, Jordan had this likability factor to him. I don't believe LeBron has that, which is a big reason why a lot of people hate on him in comparison to Jordan in his spotlight years.
          In the accounts I've read Jordan was an arrogant douche when not infront of a camera.

Comment

I don't think he cared what people thought of him. He was focused on winning rings, breaking records, schooling punks on the court, etc.

Jordan would have never done some stupid FA stunt like LeBron so when we're talking about arrogance, LeBron is top in class.

Comment

I don't think it's even a question really, Mj was much better. I think Julius Erving and Lebron is a tighter comparison when keeping his ABA games in mind
              Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

I don't think there is a question either. Lebron would just post up and Jordan doesn't have an advantage anywhere. It's not even close; best result with hgh ever.

Comment

Magic never really got the best of MJ and just about anything LeBron can do, Magic could do. Magic could and did play all five positions at one point or another. Daggers, post-up, drive to the basket, Magic had it all.

Comment

LeBron is much stronger than Magic (he's probably 40 pounds heavier at least?) and quicker.

Comment

One of Jordan's most underrated attributes is his trash talking.. he can get into the players head to throw them off their game. Lebron has shown that he is not the strongest mentally (although that has improved the past couple of seasons, I still would not consider him as mentally tough as Jordan).

Lebron could use his size to his advantage, but if Jordan had the ball on offense I think it would be very difficult for Lebron to stop him, especially if they kept the hand checking rule in place during their one-on-one match.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                        LeBron is much stronger than Magic (he's probably 40 pounds heavier at least?) and quicker.
                        Shaq has like 80lbs on Hakeem but who do you have?

I don't think LeBron is faster than Magic. Have either been clocked in the 40?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Shaq has like 80lbs on Hakeem but who do you have?

I don't think LeBron is faster than Magic. Have either been clocked in the 40?
                          With Shaq and Hakeem, that's a different match-up (and I haven't seen enough of Hakeem). LeBron is very much capable of reasonably defending Jordan; the other way round seems much more difficult because of the strength and height difference.

Comment

Michael Jordan is one of the greatest defenders in league history. You don't hear that about LeBron.

If LeBron was as menacing as some describe then he should be averaging 40PPG...

Comment

In a game up to 11, I take say it's LeBron 11, MJ 9.

Soft Euro is right, if LeBron takes him to the post, there's almost nothing Jordan can do about it.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                              X