View Poll Results: One-on-one, who do you have?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michael Jordan

11 91.67%
  • LeBron James

1 8.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Air Jordan Vs. King James (Rodman's opinion in post #48)

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    Who even posts up in a 1 on 1?

You're cutting Jordan short here, I believe that you are mistaken.
    Seriously, you guys don't post up in one on one? Too much and1 league and drew league watching? I used to play some guys who always used to post me up when they knew they could back me down and had a little size on me.

I on the other hand think people are cutting LeBron short here, maybe because of the decision, maybe some because they only remember (or have seen) the highlight video's.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jordan WOULD KILL LeBron in a 1 on 1 game.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    Who even posts up in a 1 on 1?

You're cutting Jordan short here, I believe that you are mistaken.
    If I had a guy that was two inches shorter and almost 40 pounds lighter guarding me, hellz yeah I'd do it.

And just in case anyone is about to make a case about how MJ could stop LeBron in the post, then take a look at him abusing Paul George (2 inches taller than Jordan and 10-15 pounds heavier) in Game 3. George is known as an above average defender as well.

Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I may be crazy but I like although Lebron is in his prime he hasn't peaked yet.

For me it's too close to call. A lot depends on whether you get the ball back if you score (winner's outs) if it's winner's outs I take jordan, because he would get into a zone... but if jordan has to play defence every other possession than I think Lebron's got a real shot.

I think that a more epic 1 on 1 game would be Jordan vs. Kobe... winner's out, call your own fouls... you keep track of points, but the game only ends when the guy who is behind quits. Can you imagine either one of them quitting? Yet one of them would have to... eventually. I'm getting hard just thinking about it.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Michael Jordan is one of the greatest defenders in league history. You don't hear that about LeBron.

If LeBron was as menacing as some describe then he should be averaging 40PPG...
    Lebron left cleveland so he wouldn't have to do that. I truly believe Lebron does not fill the stat sheet as much as he could. As for his defense, check with the analytics guys...he's fucking up their shit. Wish I had a reference but I don't care that much. At this point, I would say Jordans biggest advantage is his clutch...he hit alot of big time shots, and I think Lebron has a ways to go to catch up to him in that area. Jordan, I think, was a craftier player than Lebron is, and that would also play to his advantage in a one on one situation. Lebron has a size advantage. In a one on one, I see Jordan taking alot of shots and getting a few steals, while Lebron goes at him in the post. If it was a serious game, and both were in their prime, it would be fun to watch.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Jordan missed a lot of big shots too. Somehow they never make the highlight reels.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dennis Rodman:

"I'm just sick and tired of people comparing (James) to Michael Jordan," Rodman said. "It's a whole different era, man."
    "LeBron came into the age of the game at a perfect time. Michael came into the game when back then you could hit people, knock him down, shoot a free throw and get back up," Rodman said. "And LeBron can't do that. All they do today is (complain) about a foul. All they do is (complain)."
    "To do what Michael has done ... what he did was more charisma, there was more articulating and stuff like that. LeBron is more like ... there's no flash to his game. He's a great player, don't get me wrong, he's a hell of player, I'll give him that. But to me Scottie (Pippen) and Michael are probably the two best one-two punches I've ever seen."
    Source: ESPN.com

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

100% agreed with Rodman about the Bosh comment. This one though, not sure lol. LeBron is a guy that can dominate in any era in my opinion. 70's, 80's, 90's doesn't matter. LeBron has a unique skillset. I've never seen a player like him before. I think he would be the 2nd best player in the game if he played in the Jordan era. Second of course behind Jordan.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

10. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information