View Poll Results: Would you do Gay for #1?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 41.18%
  • No

19 37.25%
  • Cavs would have to add more to the deal

11 21.57%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: If Cavs are looking to move top pick, Gay for #1?

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The dude himself compared himself to Tayshawn Prince. I would rather Rudy Gay and his large contract than a younger Prince.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

lol. i dunno what to tell you then. memphis just replaced rudy gay with an ancient and decrepit tayshaun prince and didn't miss a beat.

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote chris wrote: View Post
    lol. i dunno what to tell you then. memphis just replaced rudy gay with an ancient and decrepit tayshaun prince and didn't miss a beat.
    They actually got better by most metrics!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    They actually got better by most metrics!
    i know man! and actually tay in his prime was like teh ultimate team player and 3 and D guy and the more i think about it love him on a cavs squad with two guys who need the ball so much!

Post Thanks / Like

They beat an overrated clippers team and a undermanned thunders team?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    They beat an overrated clippers team and a undermanned thunders team?
    Amount of playoff series the Grizzlies won this year after the Rudy trade = 2
    Amount of playoff series Rudy Gay has won in his entire career = 0

Post Thanks / Like

Amount of playoff series the Grizzlies won this year after the Rudy trade = 2
    Amount of playoff series Rudy Gay has won in his entire career = 0
    You make it seem like that wouldn't of been possible with Gay.

Post Thanks / Like

You make it seem like that wouldn't of been possible with Gay.
    I'm not saying that at all. You were arguing that the Grizzlies were a better team with Gay in the mix, even though they improved by most offensive/defensive metrics after he left AND their overall win-loss record got better. They also reeled off the best run in franchise history this postseason, coupled with their other Western conference run two seasons ago when Rudy Gay was out of the lineup for the entire playoffs.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote matt52 wrote: View Post
    espn insider via hoopshype.com:

There were rumours about gay in the past linked to cleveland.

Would you move gay for the #1 pick?
    lol no.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Give Rudy and DeMar a full season if it doesnt work then blow it up, watched them play 2 and a half months together and it was the most exciting Raptor basketball since....well VC era leave those 2 alone for now.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not saying that at all. You were arguing that the Grizzlies were a better team with Gay in the mix, even though they improved by most offensive/defensive metrics after he left AND their overall win-loss record got better. They also reeled off the best run in franchise history this postseason, coupled with their other Western conference run two seasons ago when Rudy Gay was out of the lineup for the entire playoffs.
    I never said they were better with him. I just said I would rather Gay offer Otto Porter. With Gays contract especially if Otto Porter has the #1 pick tag on him.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Give Rudy and DeMar a full season if it doesnt work then blow it up, watched them play 2 and a half months together and it was the most exciting Raptor basketball since....well VC era leave those 2 alone for now.
    This.

Not sure about blowing it up though if it doesn't work out. If it doesn't work out, one of them needs to go.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote feet85 wrote: View Post
    No.Rudy is the Face of this Franchise.
    Sorry I think part of your post got cut out, I'm sure you meant to type "Rudy('s contract) is the Face(palm) of this Franchise."?

The dude himself compared himself to Tayshawn Prince. I would rather Rudy Gay and his large contract than a younger Prince.
    Then your on crack. I can see the argument that you'd rather have the current gay over the current prince, but prince in his prime is EXACTLY what this team needs.

i know man! and actually tay in his prime was like the ultimate team player and 3 and D guy
    +1 000 000
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

14. Like JawsGT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    Sorry I think part of your post got cut out, I'm sure you meant to type "Rudy('s contract) is the Face(palm) of this Franchise."?

Then your on crack. I can see the argument that you'd rather have the current gay over the current prince, but prince in his prime is EXACTLY what this team needs.

+1 000 000
    The only reason Prince was so good, was cause he was surrounded by a great cast of above average players. You put him on this team he doesn't effect winning the way Rudy Gay does for this team. He would just be another Landry Fields(with his jump shot).

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The only reason Prince was so good, was cause he was surrounded by a great cast of above average players. You put him on this team he doesn't effect winning the way Rudy Gay does for this team. He would just be another Landry Fields(with his jump shot).

But landry fields with a jump shot, is actually what this team needs. And how exactly did rudy gay effect winning here in toronto? we did just about the same with him as without
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    Cleveland was on the receiving end of a salary dump by Memphis and gave up very little in return. Cleveland showed no interest in Gay at the time and now it's 1st + Andy or 1st + TT?

I would like some of what Raptors fans are smoking.

The Gay trades suggested are all salary dump; all involve the Raptors trading more salary than they receive and not just by a small margin.
    Yeah Andy or TT plus #1 is ridiculous to begin with. I was thinking CJ Miles or Gee because the salaries just might not make it with gay alone.

The priorities of the Cavs may have changed with Gilbert now wanting playoffs after a miserable end to the season following trade deadline.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post

I can interpret this two entirely different ways. Are you for him staying or do you want him out of here because of the price tag? His game jumped this season when he landed in Toronto. It was time for him to leave Memphis and he could be a good long term option should the next two years go right by the team showing him they have the best intentions of putting the team before all else and they are competent.
    I could make the argument either way.

i am more inclined to keep Gay despite his contract.
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

dude how did you start this thread with a straight face and then proceed to call the raps' acquisition of rudy gay a salary dump for memphis?

like, they looked carefully at their roster and decided (correctly) "he just ain't worth it!" and then immediately got better redistributing his shots to conley and bayless and pondexter.
    Quite easily actually.

First of all I gave no opinion in the thread. It was a genuine interest in to what Posters around here thought. You seem to miss the point of the forums: discussion.

Different teams have different financials abilities and circumstances. What is a dump for Memphis to avoid luxury tax this season and beyond might be an acquisition for a team in perimeter help like Toronto or Cleveland with Clevelamd actually having cap space to take him with no fear of luxury tax whereas Toronto has resources to pay tax if needed.
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

presumably those sources are thinking of young bigs or small forwards like jonas or mkg, not "young" players on max contracts entering their 8th seasons like rudy gay or brook lopez, though lopez did just put up a PER north or 24 i believe

i think val is probably the only asset we have the cavs would consider, which, no thank you
    Read the originals post again: why is Cleveland looking to make the deal the pick? To make playoffs next season. Do you think MKG helps with that goal? I don't. Look through league for young SF that will help make playoffs. There are not many.
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

because it's not baseball and you can't stockpile pretty good players on crazy contracts.

yeah but he gets paid 18 million! there is no value in that! you could draft porter and get 75% of what gay can do for a third of the price, though i would personally go for burke as i see no scenario where he does suceed in today's game.

i'd call this an unprecedented proposition except the nets traded a top 3 protected pick that turned out to be damian lillard for gerald wallace just last year.
    Or you draft porter and be becomes Wesley Johnson. Or Burke is the next Adam Moorison (POY) or Johnny Flynn (PG).

You know what you are getting with Gay and it is not easy to come by as the Raps showed for 8 years between VC and Gay.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information