Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cavs are looking to move top pick, Gay for #1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Cavs are looking to move top pick, Gay for #1?

ESPN Insider via HoopsHype.com:

The playoff issue might be the biggest reason why the Cavs don't pick Noel, or anyone else for that matter, with the No. 1 pick. Sources say the Cavs have already begun to explore what they can get with the No. 1 pick. If they can get a young big or small forward in return, Gilbert will be pushing for them to trade the pick. Who can they get? The pickings will be slim. Teams aren't dying to get the No. 1 pick. But one name that you shouldn't totally rule out is the Sacramento Kings' DeMarcus Cousins.

There were rumours about Gay in the past linked to Cleveland.

Would you move Gay for the #1 pick?
    Yes
    41.18%
    No
    37.25%
    Cavs would have to add more to the deal
    21.57%

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    ESPN Insider via HoopsHype.com:

There were rumours about Gay in the past linked to Cleveland.

Would you move Gay for the #1 pick?
    I would, but I would package the pick with Bargs and send it right back out
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Yep.

There's no one in this draft that really blows me away but i'd do it, for $$$ sake. Mclemore could contribute right away, and i think is top 3 if not #1 in terms of potential. Reminds me of Harden a little.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Yes, but I dont have the foggiest what to do with it. I would parlay drop down and get another established/less expensive player. Our cap position needs help.

Comment

I wouldn't. I'm too anxious to see rudy for full season in Raps uniform. By the way, we still have guys who need to develop. I bet our staff is already too busy with that.

Anyway, what about Cavs, they have talents, they are young... the best for them would to get deal done with Wizards or Magic ( trade back ) and trade Otto. Yes I don't like him at 1st overall.

Comment

Absolutely.

Kinda funny this comes up; if we go for Otto Porter, there are some similarities between the two. Share the same jersey number too.

Watch the first part of this video, especially the three from 0:05 to 0:08, and tell me his play doesn't look exactly like Rudy:

Last edited by isaacthompson; Wed May 29, 2013, 03:36 PM.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

something like this

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qhs7jgf - we get their pick

Frontcourt of JV/Wild thing/Amir would be TIGHT defensively. Gee is a solid player. Mclemore is going to be special. It'd be pretty spectacular.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Plus we'll have Wiggins next year at SF so it'll be awesome
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

oh yea, great idea.

lets give up gay, probably the best defender raps have right now, and probably the best scorer, for a rookie who will definitely take a season or two to fully acclimate to the NBA on both ends. oh lets not forget trading him to a conference competitor so that we have to now try to beat a team of kyrie/gay/waiters/thompson/varejao.

in terms of money? sure.
                  in terms of winning? are you people serious?

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    Plus we'll have Wiggins next year at SF so it'll be awesome
                    except we wont :\

Comment

can the raptors get any worse? probably not.

if they trade Gay, i really dont see Lowry re-siging, so its pretty much a semi-rebuild once again.

if Gay stays, I'm seeing playoffs, so i'd be happy either way.

Comment

I voted no. I don't see Noel as a surefire enough piece. I'm also not sold on taking another player at #1.

I would be more interested in trying to get in as a 3rd team in this deal to unload Bargnani. When I saw the Cousins part of the rumour, that's what I immediately thought of....

Sacramento gets: #1 pick, Andrea Bargnani
                        Cleveland gets: Cousins
                        Toronto gets: Tristan Thompson and John Salmons (or other filler....could be Chuck Hayes + Travis Outlaw)

Seems to work
                        http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o3rguws

Comment

Apparently Cavs are trying to trade the pick for Kevin Love right now, which makes me really mad because I wanted him on the Raptors.

The package could look like -
                          Cavs get: Kevin Love, Malcolm Lee (if possible; he might be a FA though), MIN's 2013 2nd round pick
                          T'Wolves get: CLE's #1 pick, Tristan Thompson, CJ Miles, 2014 CLE 2nd round pick

When our package could look like-
                          Raptors get: Kevin Love
                          T-Wolves get: Demar Derozan(hate to see him go, favorite player, but this move will make us a contender in no time) & Andrea Bargnani and possibly a first round 2014 pick.

T-Wolves need a wing, DD could be their guy, but Cavs' offer is pretty nice too, Tristan Thompson and the first pick in this draft, a front court of Thompson and Pekovic(if they keep him) would be nice + the first pick.

No rumours on Love coming to Toronto though, unfortunately.

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                            Apparently Cavs are trying to trade the pick for Kevin Love right now, which makes me really mad because I wanted him on the Raptors.

The package could look like -
                            Cavs get: Kevin Love, Malcolm Lee (if possible; he might be a FA though), MIN's 2013 2nd round pick
                            T'Wolves get: CLE's #1 pick, Tristan Thompson, CJ Miles, 2014 CLE 2nd round pick

When our package could look like-
                            Raptors get: Kevin Love
                            T-Wolves get: Demar Derozan(hate to see him go, favorite player, but this move will make us a contender in no time) & Andrea Bargnani and possibly a first round 2014 pick.

T-Wolves need a wing, DD could be their guy, but Cavs' offer is pretty nice too, Tristan Thompson and the first pick in this draft, a front court of Thompson and Pekovic(if they keep him) would be nice + the first pick.

No rumours on Love coming to Toronto though, unfortunately.
                            Twolves want 3 point shooting vis a vis NOT demar
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Gay isn't enough

I think they will want JV and something else for the #1 pick. Gay aint gonna cut it on his own. Yeah, they get a nice player but his contract goes against what they're working on down there. So, something else would have to be added.

I like to use the Thunder/Celtics deal as a good example of a lotto trade.

Thunder inbound:
                              #5 selection (Jeff Green)

Thunder outbound:

Ray Allen (in his prime)
                              Big Baby (prospect, unknown upside)

Now that was for the 5th pick.

The third option in the poll is just totally over the top for me. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X